Planning To Move To Dubai Soon,need Advice

Topic locked
Planning to move to Dubai soon,need advice Apr 01, 2011
Dear All,Please help!!!!!
I want to know the update cost of living ie:
1.food in average per day ( vegetarian : veggie, eggs, rice,noodles, milk with fish)
2.Public Transportation service : cost and how easy to go by public Trans, by how?
3.I have small dog and I want to carry from Thailand, anyone know how to?
4.Is there any good pet shop and pet clinic or hospital, closed by which area? Price?
5. Can I and my dog stay in apartment? where, which location is suitable?

Big Thanks,
puppyLove

puppyLove
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Planning to move to Dubai soon,need advice May 28, 2011
Depends on your lifestyle. Some people live here for as little as US$100 per month and others can spend it on one drink in a Hotel! Average western expat would probably spend about 500 Durhams per week on food and entertainment. Plenty of petshops and animals in the city, not all apartments will allow pets.
2CLight
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Planning to move to Dubai soon,need advice May 29, 2011
i dont suggest that you bring your dog to dubai because its likely that dubai customs might like it and they might put him in "quarantine" and you might see your dog in the local market!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oh for goodness sake RB, it's perfectly fine to bring animals here. I brought my cat and dog eons ago. You need an export permit and an import permit and all vaccinations need to be up to date, plus you have to have the rabies test done.

I suggest you contact Dubai Kennels and Cattery as they can guide you from the country you want to import from. They can actually arrange most of it for you as well. They're online, just google their website.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

chocos dont you get it. you are white and your dogs were probably from uk europe america south africa or australia.

MY parrot unfortunately wasnt from any of the countries mentioned above. Habeeb had all the papers in work and even had his own passport. The moment he landed in UAE, I was told he would have to stay in quarantine for 3 months....
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:chocos dont you get it. you are white and your dogs were probably from uk europe america south africa or australia.

MY parrot unfortunately wasnt from any of the countries mentioned above. Habeeb had all the papers in work and even had his own passport. The moment he landed in UAE, I was told he would have to stay in quarantine for 3 months....

They let Chocs dog in but she was quarantined, so I heard.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Well birds are different ball game altogether. Honestly no issues with dogs, I know people that have brought their dogs from various countries around the globe and no they're not all 'white' either.

So please don't scare people off.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Planning to move to Dubai soon,need advice May 30, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:Well birds are different ball game altogether. Honestly no issues with dogs, I know people that have brought their dogs from various countries around the globe and no they're not all 'white' either.

So please don't scare people off.

lol nearly all your other posts are about anti-dubai, dubai bashing and you are saying I am scaring PEOPLE OFFFF?????

I am not scaring anyone, I am just warning them thats all..
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Planning to move to Dubai soon,need advice May 30, 2011
Well RB, you're story is but one. I've never heard of anyone having issues bringing their pets to Dubai, unless there is an issue with the paperwork.

You've said your piece, now can you please let others give proper info on how to do it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Planning to move to Dubai soon,need advice Nov 16, 2011
Aww..poor parrot!
kamranhussain
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Planning To Move To Dubai Soon,need Advice Jan 16, 2012
If you are coming for work start applying before you reach here
uaemovers
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai