Help Give UAE Animals A Voice

Topic locked
Re: Help Give UAE Animals A Voice May 24, 2011
kanelli wrote:That's terrible. We took our cats in knowing that we would fly them out with us. I know there are some people who cannot take the pets with them, for financial or practical reasons, it just sucks for the pets if they cannot be re-homed.

You mean people like DD. He can afford it, he's just a tight arse, he'll fit right in in Australia.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

I have no idea about DD. He gave Chocs some fish or something?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Bora Bora wrote:
Ambassador, since I have been a member of DF I can tell you that Chocs is ... active with FF and/K9.

Really :shock: Never saw her there :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Help give UAE animals a voice May 24, 2011
Why make out this is specific to Dubai? People abandon animals all over the world. It used to happen all the time when we were in the Army. I'm not saying it is right. Personally I brought my two dogs back to the UK from Germany and paid for them both to go through quarantine for six months, when that was the law.

My neighbour drove out into the countryside where we lived and opened the car door and hoofed her dog out. She either couldn't afford quarantine or couldn't be arsed with the dog.

That's what humans do. We are basically cruel.

As for cats, well you see strays hanging about bins all over the world. It certainly isn't just Dubai. They're feral.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

true that
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

People have a choice to be cruel or not. Your neighbour sounds like a heartless and uneducated person. I can only imagine how she treats her own kids! Domestic animals cannot fend for themselves well in the wild and end up causing problems, and living shorter and horrible lives. Many owners have release pet turtles and fish into ponds, lakes, and streams and this has caused ecological damage by introducing a species there that does not belong in that ecosystem. Cats and dogs that are abandoned end up hungry, diseased, injured or killed. Of course these owners don't consider the psychological impact on the intelligent animals of having a home and family and suddenly being abandoned to fend for themselves. The responsible thing to do is find pets a home and if not, then euthanize them.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

My neighbour wasn't hearless and uneducated actually. They had one daughter, she was a sweet thing, that I remember and well brought up.

I guess they just weren't animal lovers. Who can judge?
Bethsmum

If they weren't animal lovers they should never have had a dog. I can definitely judge them for abandoning their dog in the woods.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

benwj wrote:
kanelli wrote:That's terrible. We took our cats in knowing that we would fly them out with us. I know there are some people who cannot take the pets with them, for financial or practical reasons, it just sucks for the pets if they cannot be re-homed.

You mean people like DD. He can afford it, he's just a tight arse, he'll fit right in in Australia.

Oi! DD, took his cats with him! He obviously couldn't take the fish so I took them instead - and highly amusing they are too.

To clarify, I don't and never have worked with FF or K9, I've rescued animals off my own back and did what was necessary for them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

kanelli wrote:If they weren't animal lovers they should never have had a dog. I can definitely judge them for abandoning their dog in the woods.

Don't be silly. How can you judge someone you've never even met.
Bethsmum

The same way that you do? :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:The same way that you do? :D

Oh touche Kanelli! And yes you can judge people, someone who would just turf an animal out of a car and abandon it is just cruel.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

this is a case that everyone is responsible and to blame for, governments and pets keepers. laws are not the answer if ppl are cruel then it won't do a think and its hard to track down owners to blame for neglecting their animals .

I watch those discovery channels pets police shows and its sad how ppl neglect their pets even though there are tough laws in the west. so its a human error more than anything else.

I've heard of those pet stores in sharjah and I have to blame ppl who supports them by buying from them and any other ones that does not treat animals right. no buyers no sellers.

bora bora I have to disagree with you in regards of the locals treatment to their pets, if anything I know for a fact that they pamper them more than their kids.

the US is a modern and tuff country in animals rights and ppl go to jail for extreme case but ppl are still doing it : I guess this is just a 1 month statistics:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/cruelty_ ... ations.php

I solute this new group, their aim is right.
uaekid

Well I think you'd be guilty more than most :D

-- Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:

Oh touche Kanelli! And yes you can judge people, someone who would just turf an animal out of a car and abandon it is just cruel.

Well, we know we can trust your random judgements don't we?

Er!
Fat arse
Hard core alcoholic
Smoker
Nazi supporter
Supporter of gassing immigrants

And that's just in the last week or so.

Care to add to the list?
Bethsmum

uaekid wrote: bora bora I have to disagree with you in regards of the locals treatment to their pets, if anything I know for a fact that they pamper them more than their kids.

Some Kid, not all. Recently there was an article (can't locate it) where two dogs were tied up in the backyard of a villa. (Chocs can probably recall the details more so than I.) One managed to escape and the rope around it's neck was imbedded into its skin. The local woman had a visit by the police and was told where the dog was. She went ballistic that the dog was taken and wanted the dog back. She was refusing to pay for the medical attention that was provided by the vet. Now, if that dog was healthy, why would it need medical attention?

As for pampering their "pets" more than their kids, that may apply to falcons as well as the tigers, monkeys, and other animals smuggled in. It was just a few weeks ago a local was arrested in Malaysia, I believe, trying to smuggle a small zoo in his suitcases, one of which was a baby bear.

And it's no secret that pitbulls are bred, trained, and used in dog fights out in the desert. It's also no secret that there are pitbull breeding farms.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

UAE Kid,

I think the difference has to do with enforcement of law...True, it happens in other places but in those places (1st world) people actually go to jail and their animals are taken away (and they are not allowed to own pets thereafter - as convicted felons).

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated".
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

B, correct, the poor dog had maggots crawling around inside a gaping would in his neck - that's not what I call someone looking after their animals. She had two other dogs that the municipality wanted to confiscate as well.

'Some' people look after their animals well. My old vet said there are numerous dog fighting rings and he would often be called at 3am to patch the dogs up and would you believe most of the members were police officers!!! He also said, the people who own exaotic animals and big cats very often de-claw them and remove most of their teeth! That's not what I call being kind to an animal.

-- Tue May 24, 2011 5:28 pm --

Ambassador wrote:UAE Kid,

I think the difference has to do with enforcement of law...True, it happens in other places but in those places (1st world) people actually go to jail and their animals are taken away (and they are not allowed to own pets thereafter - as convicted felons).

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated".

Absolutely correct! The laws are there, but not enforced.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ambassador, sorry but not always the case. There are farmers in England who get banned from keeping cattle, horses and the like in horrific conditions, but rarely are they jailed. I know this as some of my neighbours, well not near, but in this area, are banned from keeping animals.
The British are not all sweetness and light as far as animals go, I'm afraid.
BTW one of my sweet little calves hung it's self the other day, stupid animal.
Bethsmum

Bora Bora wrote:
uaekid wrote: bora bora I have to disagree with you in regards of the locals treatment to their pets, if anything I know for a fact that they pamper them more than their kids.

Some Kid, not all. Recently there was an article (can't locate it) where two dogs were tied up in the backyard of a villa. (Chocs can probably recall the details more so than I.) One managed to escape and the rope around it's neck was imbedded into its skin. The local woman had a visit by the police and was told where the dog was. She went ballistic that the dog was taken and wanted the dog back. She was refusing to pay for the medical attention that was provided by the vet. Now, if that dog was healthy, why would it need medical attention?

As for pampering their "pets" more than their kids, that may apply to falcons as well as the tigers, monkeys, and other animals smuggled in. It was just a few weeks ago a local was arrested in Malaysia, I believe, trying to smuggle a small zoo in his suitcases, one of which was a baby bear.

And it's no secret that pitbulls are bred, trained, and used in dog fights out in the desert. It's also no secret that there are pitbull breeding farms.

ohh yaa no question about it, there r those ppl who will always do these shameful acts , but you should pick your words and I recall you saying "@KeithL: you have no idea how many locals own pets and neglect and abuse them. And I'm not talking about baby lions, tigers, monkeys, etc. I'm talking about cats and dogs" I don't know based on what you gave this statement ? as you said "many locals", I mean you are not studying our behaviors , have any of locals as friends or see us hanging them dead on ropes in front of our doors LOL, its just a harsh statement . ppl who loves animals loves them all my dear. yaa you might see some kids chasing one with a stick but its a kids thing than a local ppl thing .. or to put it in another word ,its a personality and attitude more than a nationality thing .. but if you must point your finger to a nation then make it toward asia, those fox rooster the a life .the same goes to the pitbulls issue, a personality or than a nationality.

-- Wed May 25, 2011 12:08 am --

I'm not arguing or comparing countries here, I pointed to a (1st world ) country to point out that even though laws has been enforced ppl are still abusing animals !! moral , I don't know about others but I don't need a law to teach me morals, everyone know what wrong and right.... forcing ppl to treat animals right came out bcz there was no progress of that nation behavior !!! the progress you r talking about is a progress of the country laws not a progress of a nation.so I cant see the greatness in that nation , do u ?

in any how, I wish this group all the best and hopefully we'll see some progress there.
uaekid

Re: Help give UAE animals a voice May 25, 2011
Now here is a nice collection of words that, in their current order, make very little sense.

Please re-arrange to make a sentence.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Now here is a nice collection of words that, in their current order, make very little sense.

Please re-arrange to make a sentence.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Maybe you'd like to post in Arabic Knighty and we''ll see if you make more sense in a foreign language because you make little sense in English. You seem to be fluent in bullshit.
Bethsmum

Re: Help Give UAE Animals A Voice May 25, 2011
Still more usefull than being a master of hot air !
desertdudeshj

Bethsmum wrote:

Well I think you'd be guilty more than most :D

-- Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:

Well, we know we can trust your random judgements don't we?

Er!
Fat arse
Hard core alcoholic
Smoker
Nazi supporter
Supporter of gassing immigrants

And that's just in the last week or so.

Care to add to the list?

BM, this thread is about animal welfare. Take your whinging about the mean things Chocs has said about you to Fight Club and go sob into your chardonnay over there.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

K, apparently you have not noticed but Chocs has admirably ignored BM's posts (something that heretofore had not happened!) but you insist on commenting about comments which are not about you...so that you can complain....

Give it a rest...

And have a nice day...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Very diplomatic and I agree!

We must all just ignore the troll.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Very diplomatic and I agree!

We must all just ignore the troll.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

Sound advice from the big man!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Ambassador wrote:K, apparently you have not noticed but Chocs has admirably ignored BM's posts (something that heretofore had not happened!) but you insist on commenting about comments which are not about you...so that you can complain....

Give it a rest...

And have a nice day...

I second that.

I not sure if it's to complain or just to be part of it. I say let Chocs, DDS and BM sort it out amongst themselves (if that's possible :) )
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Ambassador wrote:K, apparently you have not noticed but Chocs has admirably ignored BM's posts (something that heretofore had not happened!) but you insist on commenting about comments which are not about you...so that you can complain....

Give it a rest...

And have a nice day...

I second that.

I not sure if it's to complain or just to be part of it. I say let Chocs, DDS and BM sort it out amongst themselves (if that's possible :) )

Don't forget DK! he gave me and my flat a good slagging off for no apparent reason but to jump in where Chocs was falling down! LOL
Bethsmum

Chocs ignoring did not stop BM from following her to several threads and making personal attacks in each one, so I did speak up. I also spoke up about DDS and Chocs being mean to BM. If you people don't like it, welcome to Fight Club and b1tch me out there.

Have a nice day too!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Chocs ignoring did not stopped BM from following her to several threads and making personal attacks in each one, so I did speak up. I also spoke up about DDS and Chocs being mean to BM. If you people don't like it, welcome to Fight Club and b1tch me out there.

Have a nice day too!

I think you can only have 10 people on your foe list. At your pace you're going to exceed that number. Then what? People don't have to go to fight club to point out the obvious.

Everyone else is staying out of it, you might try doing the same.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat