How Many More Have To Die In Jetski Accidents?

Topic locked
How many more have to die in jetski accidents? May 09, 2011
Seriously, another person killed by the wreckless user of a jetski who clearly had no idea what he was doing! When are they going to enforce the laws that Abu Dhabi already has? Every user on the water should be subject to having a valid license.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... m-jumeirah

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: How Many More Have To Die In Jetski Accidents? May 09, 2011
Oh well, it must have been fate. ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: How many more have to die in jetski accidents? May 09, 2011
Well it looks like they are going to charge the boy who hit the other lad - so stupid, I bet he was showing off as usual and not paying any attention whatsoever.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

The teenager who hit Abdullah has been referred to Family and Juvenile Prosecution on accidental death charges. He is currently in detention but will likely be released within a day or so, police said.

More than likely this will be the last you hear of this case. Those involved were Emiratis.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:The teenager who hit Abdullah has been referred to Family and Juvenile Prosecution on accidental death charges. He is currently in detention but will likely be released within a day or so, police said.

More than likely this will be the last you hear of this case. Those involved were Emiratis.

I guess it depends which 'family' he's from as to whether they go ahead with the charges - so typical of this place, life is cheap!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I know members of the deceased Family involved here actually and I understand the driver of the Jet Ski that struck the victim, is a Palestinian friend and the Family of the victim have accepted that this was a tragic accident and are not pressing charges.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Great, well that sends out a brilliant message now doesn't it?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Great, well that sends out a brilliant message now doesn't it?!

And what message is that? I don't understand how you can comment on a fatal accident without knowing all the details?
Dillon

Dillon wrote:I know members of the deceased Family involved here actually and I understand the driver of the Jet Ski that struck the victim, is a Palestinian friend and the Family of the victim have accepted that this was a tragic accident and are not pressing charges.

Condolences to the family. Apparently they were both reckless in not having the proper gear, which is not to say it could have turned out differently.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dillon wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Great, well that sends out a brilliant message now doesn't it?!

And what message is that? I don't understand how you can comment on a fatal accident without knowing all the details?

It sends out the message that it's ok to kill someone and be forgiven as long as you know the family. The kid should be charged with wreckless behaviour and manslaughter.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I've got nothing against it if the family forgives and doesn't wish to press charges. That has happened in other countries, though usually some basic penalty is applied by law e.g. fine.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

My attitude might seem harsh, but I have to put up with these idiots every single weekend acting like complete idiots and trying to kill me and my friends whilst we're boarding!

If the family chooses to forgive him, fine, I guess he has to live with what he;s done for the rest of his life anyway.

BUT, the authorities really do need to enforce the laws, have people licensed and heavy fines in place for those who act without thought for others.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

If enough people die, and it isn't chalked up to fate, and isn't too inconvenient for people, maybe some better jetski eductation will happen, or a separate area for jetskiers to play in the sea will be created... who knows.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I've got nothing against it if the family forgives and doesn't wish to press charges. That has happened in other countries, though usually some basic penalty is applied by law e.g. fine.

And that may still happen, what I said was the Family aren't pressing any charges, the remaining group broke laws governing the use of Jet Ski's, it's up to the relevant Authority to take matters further.
Dillon

I thought they had introduced regulations and separated jet-ski users from all areas where there are people in the water?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: How many more have to die in jetski accidents? May 10, 2011
Dubai Knight wrote:I thought they had introduced regulations and separated jet-ski users from all areas where there are people in the water?

Knight

Same here ? I thought after a spate of accidents some years back those rentals places were closed down and somekind of ban or restriction was imposed ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I think more need to die on the roads (locals) for enforcement to be stringent (they've reduced the speed limit on the Dubai/AD road I hear)...after that maybe ATV's next and lastly perhaps water "sports"... Unfortunately just need to wait for more deaths...be safe!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:I thought they had introduced regulations and separated jet-ski users from all areas where there are people in the water?

Knight

Same here ? I thought after a spate of accidents some years back those rentals places were closed down and somekind of ban or restriction was imposed ?

They did, but it's not enforced and 'certain' people consider themselves above the law anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat