Gruesome Beheading Video By Mob Of Libyan Rebels

Topic locked
Gruesome beheading video by mob of Libyan rebels Apr 23, 2011
The mob of hundreds is shouting 'Allahu Akbar' as the poor soldier's head is sawed off.

We're definitely on the wrong side of this conflict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrAqcd5W ... ntrinter=1

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Gruesome beheading video by mob of Libyan rebels Apr 23, 2011
I don't think there's any need to post such things and it won't last long on youtube. I'm certainly not going to watch it! What was the point o posting this exactly? Do you get off on watching others murdered in such a horrific way?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I don't think there's any need to post such things and it won't last long on youtube. I'm certainly not going to watch it! What was the point o posting this exactly? Do you get off on watching others murdered in such a horrific way?

Chocs doesn't approve! Better remove it EH!
Or better still Chocs could ignore it :idea:
Bethsmum

Eh you just don't know on whos behalf those rebels are beheading, do you?
but I guess western style like heroes meant to act like this...it's time you learn too...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 73571.html
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:Eh you just don't know on whos behalf those rebels are beheading, do you?
but I guess western style like heroes meant to act like this...it's time you learn too...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 73571.html

Hey Berrin! Did you read our Easter jokes on the Happy Easter topic? Have you got any good Mohammed jokes? :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Re: Gruesome beheading video by mob of Libyan rebels Apr 24, 2011
The point is BM, which you obviously fail to see is that the more people post such actions, then those committing such horrific crimes are given and an audience. If people refused to post and watch them, there is no outlet for it.

Anyway I do not believe such things have a place here and it certainly won't last long on youtube, they don't allow such things.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:The point is BM, which you obviously fail to see is that the more people post such actions, then those committing such horrific crimes are given and an audience. If people refused to post and watch them, there is no outlet for it.

Anyway I do not believe such things have a place here and it certainly won't last long on youtube, they don't allow such things.

I thought you had blocked me?
Bethsmum

The video is still up.
event horizon

@EH, I'm sure it won't be for long. It's actually now blocked by Etisalat.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Gruesome Beheading Video By Mob Of Libyan Rebels Apr 24, 2011
You, EH, are just as sick as those who took part in it and those cheering.

Wrong, Chocs, I just pulled it up. I can't believe anyone would actually move that to a forum.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Would posting still images from the Holocaust make the ones posting them as sick as the camp guards?

Did anyone force you into clicking the link after I warned everyone of what it contained?

I'd like to see you comment on any poster who links to a video of American soldiers mistreating Iraqi prisoners or Saddam Hussein torturing dissidents. How about the Taliban executing women in football stadiums? As an unspoken custom, there is a significant amount of leeway in regards to what is acceptable to show if the intent is to inform others of the savagery being practiced by certain groups of people.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:Would posting still images from the Holocaust make the ones posting them as sick as the camp guards?

Did anyone force you into clicking the link after I warned everyone of what it contained?

I'd like to see you comment on any poster who links to a video of American soldiers mistreating Iraqi prisoners or Saddam Hussein torturing dissidents. How about the Taliban executing women in football stadiums? As an unspoken custom, there is a significant amount of leeway in regards to what is acceptable to show if the intent is to inform others of the savagery being practiced by certain groups of people.

People are well aware of what is going on in this world. Why don't you find a forum where you can "educate" and "inform" some idiots that doesn't have a clue as to what is going on.

Better yet, why don't you go visit these groups and educate them on how to behave opposite of what they know. Go on a mission and civilize them. Westernize them. Go spread and preach the word EH.

This is a forum EH, something to be enjoyed, not put off by the likes of you and the crap that you post.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Swing and a miss!

:lol:
event horizon

Re: Gruesome beheading video by mob of Libyan rebels Apr 25, 2011
event horizon wrote:Would posting still images from the Holocaust make the ones posting them as sick as the camp guards?

Actually I'd be against anyone posting anything of the sort! There is no need to show images of such brutality whatsoever.

No one can take pleasure in seeing others beaten and murdered.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:

Actually I'd be against anyone posting anything of the sort! There is no need to show images of such brutality whatsoever.

No one can take pleasure in seeing others beaten and murdered.

I have to wonder what kind of mind goes looking for such things?? - and probably does take pleasure in watching it - and think others might, all in the name of enlightening people as to what is happening in the world. Unfortunately this is where a forum needs "eyes" to delete such things and proves that some autoadmin doesn't work.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Probably the same type of people that stop their cars where there's an accident, and film people being pulled out their cars or scraped off the road!

Just to clarify to EH and BM I didn't watch and will not watch such things.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

LoL. I guess those news editors who decided to show us images of women being executed in Afghanistan were really sick. And never mind the people who write our high school history textbooks or Spielberg for writing and directing Schindler's List.

:roll:
event horizon

event horizon wrote:LoL. I guess those news editors who decided to show us images of women being executed in Afghanistan were really sick. And never mind the people who write our high school history textbooks or Spielberg for writing and directing Schindler's List.

:roll:

Strike!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Showing things for historical purposes is slightly different though. It cannot be put in the same basket as showing 'real-life' executions on the internet for the blood thirsty section of humanity.

EH, you can dress it up any which way you like and make wild, grasping comparisons between reality and 'fiction' (can you not tell the difference?), I'm still not going to agree that it's acceptable. So just agree to disagree yeah.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Gruesome Beheading Video By Mob Of Libyan Rebels Apr 26, 2011
While I prefer that people know about and can see the atrocities for themselves so that nothing is hidden and those guilty cannot get away free because of lack of evidence, I do have a hard time watching anything like that because I'm sensitive to violence. I don't watch horror movies and can feel depressed for days after I see a documentary dealing with atrocities.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Gruesome Beheading Video By Mob Of Libyan Rebels Jun 26, 2011
That is one distrubing video - I had to turn it off. Unfortunately all those people were so desensitised to violence that they enjoy watching it and the Allah Hu Akhbar cheer is just disturbing. It's Muslims mutilating another Muslim - why invoke the name of God?
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Gruesome beheading video by mob of Libyan rebels Jun 26, 2011
It's also deeply disturbing for me when people say (so I'm told) something like 'Allah is all merciful' right before they're about to chop off a thief's hand.

Like, wtf?
event horizon

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk