Who Do You Miss?

Topic locked
Who Do You Miss? Apr 01, 2011
I miss the Ambassador! Has he/she (I wish I could get to the bottom of that!) forgotten the password?

Come back Mel's favourite newbie and BM's favourite Missing Person!

Although I also miss Joe. I wonder if the Bentley' still in the garage? I kind of miss Shaf as well if I'm honest! And Herve! I haven't even had one drink tonight either! :drunken: What's up with me?

BM's little munchkin's always around! Aren't you DDS? :D

I don't miss Kanelli.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 01, 2011
I particularly miss DK’s comedic interjections, he’s the last person I thought would have joined the silent protest, assuming he hasn’t been arrested by the corny joke police?

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Is it a silent protest or could it be that there isn't any "interest" as there is no more mudslinging? Although BM's little munchkin does try his very hardest to stir something up each time he posts, clear evidence of where problems were stemming from.

I do miss Kanelli because she can make for an interesting conversation, I know this from the past, prior to the blowout. DK, corny but funny. It seems Ambassador and Tom disappeared, for whatever reasons. It would be nice to see the new people joining DF - and there are quite a few - participate more. Chocs seems to be the only trooper who can "let it go" and drops by on occasion. I don't know why people can't turn the page and start anew. The forum has taken a turn, one which those absent wanted so very much, and now that it's in a good place, they have no interest. Maybe they really didn't want it to turnaround but hoped certian people would leave instead.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Let's hope things will liven up soon, I know this isn't the only forum that's quiet.

I'm sure the Ambassador is off doing good works somewhere and will make a reappearance. Tom's around, he's posted a couple of times lately :D Hello Tom!
Bethsmum

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 02, 2011
I do miss DK!...

His off-the-wall, humorous (and clever) posts were always fun to read!!

Where art thou, brother???

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:I do miss DK!...

His off-the-wall, humorous (and clever) posts were always fun to read!!

Where art thou, brother???

:D :D

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying that he is just too busy at present.
benwj

Can't really say I do.

Some of those members thrive on attention. It's best to remain optimistic that they won't return.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:Can't really say I do.

Some of those members thrive on attention. It's best to remain optimistic that they won't return.

I'm surprised you don't miss Islam 24/7!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
event horizon wrote:Can't really say I do.

I'm surprised you don't miss Islam 24/7!

Not at all. I wanted him to leave the forum since I started posting here.

He brings the forum down with his hijinks. I think you're just forgetting how expertly he trolls threads.

The forum's are a lot nicer and more peaceable without him around.
event horizon

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 03, 2011
It's funny EH, I didn't mind Shafique when I first arrived at DF. I always thought he was a bit 'in your face' with the Islam thing, but one day he let himself slip and he was particularly unkind to me when I was talking about my daughter who had taken up with a Muslim.

He immediately apologised and it kind of endeared him to me. Then it all went down hill. It was all a cherade I felt, the way he made out he watched the same TV programmes etc, when in reality he really felt he was way above me in the social standing. As he once said, he was the quintessentially English gent whilst I was a chav. The cheek of it! We had accepted his family into the UK from Mauritius, given them all the passport, the freedom of speech and he was looking down on me! Once he accused me of being racist, me and him were finished. Why can't you say what you feel about your own country without fear of being labelled a racist?

I saw what I think in front of my fellow Englishmen. Why should I have to watch what I say in case of offending the Muslims? They don't appear to care what I feel. I am horrified when they burn the Poppy on Armistice Day or protest when out troops parade through our towns.
Bethsmum

I have to say that the mudslinging and the depravity and the diversity made DF an interesting place, and even the moderators were a humorous side-show e.g BM's little munchkin!
I would say, I miss the old DF. Lets have a rerun! :albino:
zonker
BANNED

Well I don't think you can miss what you don't see.

DK, has been on holiday and is ridiculously busy these days, probably why he's not around.

Sadly though some members still use the forum as their personal playground and derail threads at every opportunity, to talk about their daily events - not interesting!

C'est la vie, what to do.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Hi chocs,

I was going to say I missed you, but your back, Yay!

I would find your life much more interesting chocs but you never talk about it. Do you have any anouncements to make?
benwj

Chocoholic wrote:Well I don't think you can miss what you don't see.

DK, has been on holiday and is ridiculously busy these days, probably why he's not around.

Sadly though some members still use the forum as their personal playground and derail threads at every opportunity, to talk about their daily events - not interesting!

C'est la vie, what to do.

Chocs, no secret you are referring to BM. But I would rather read her posts than those that DDS inserts to stir something up. Or have you seen them, but choose to ignore them? Seems that's the only posting he does.

I don't understand why some people can't let go, put the past behind and start fresh.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yeah but it's like constant attention seeking, really really not necessary. TBH I haven't seen much of anything on here recently as I choose not to bother as it's the same old, from the same old people. Pretty much I guess why so many have left the forum, nothing interesting to discuss, or impossible to discuss anything without the constant derailing, so what's the point?

I mean there are things I'd like to put up, but I don't bother because I know exactly what will happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Yeah but it's like constant attention seeking, really really not necessary. TBH I haven't seen much of anything on here recently as I choose not to bother as it's the same old, from the same old people. Pretty much I guess why so many have left the forum, nothing interesting to discuss, or impossible to discuss anything without the constant derailing, so what's the point?

I mean there are things I'd like to put up, but I don't bother because I know exactly what will happen.

If you noticed, since certain people have left there hasn't been any mudslinging - which could be an indication that instigators have left??

Why don't you try posting and see what the reactions will be? It seems everyone has moved on. Don't be quick to assume. Two things can happen: you can be proven right, or people have turned the corner.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

er I did! Look at the 2 posts I put in recently, same culprits with the same BS!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Yeah but it's like constant attention seeking, really really not necessary. TBH I haven't seen much of anything on here recently as I choose not to bother as it's the same old, from the same old people. Pretty much I guess why so many have left the forum, nothing interesting to discuss, or impossible to discuss anything without the constant derailing, so what's the point?

What I find boring is your constant winging about me. Nobody forces you to read what I write. If you don't like it don't read it, it's not rocket science is it? To be honest I find your posts totally bland. You have nothing to say at all. This forum is a big place and space enough for everyone.
If you've got things to say then put up or shut up.
I think the truth is more that you and your friend Kanelli were no longer the centre of DF and you just can't cope with having your nose pushed out, can you? You would love to think that everybody feels the same as you, when in fact they don't. You see contrary to what you would like to believe I get support on, and off the forum.
I'm not going anywhere and why should I? You don't own this space.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:What I find boring is your constant winging about me. Nobody forces you to read what I write. If you don't like it don't read it, it's not rocket science is it? To be honest I find your posts totally bland. You have nothing to say at all. This forum is a big place and space enough for everyone.
If you've got things to say then put up or shut up.
I think the truth is more that you and your friend Kanelli were no longer the centre of DF and you just can't cope with having your nose pushed out, can you? You would love to think that everybody feels the same as you, when in fact they don't. You see contrary to what you would like to believe I get support on, and off the forum.
I'm not going anywhere and why should I? You don't own this space.

desertdudeshj

BM, YOUR problem is when you hijack others peoples threads and write your daily routine all over them, going totally off topic. If you can't contribute anything to that topic, then don't post in it! It's a simple request, which you time and time again choose to ignore!

By all means start your own thread relating to your daily drinking and s.e.xual fantasies, but don't pee all over other peoples!

And yes DDS is right, you're a complete attention seeker!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Seems DF is going back - wards.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I'm suspicious of the fact that this thread was started on April Fools Day...

In any event, I've been a little busy lately - with the natives getting restless in the area... no one told me the job actually requires real work

I'll be posting some "random' but high quality threads soon...or maybe not...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Who Do You Miss? Apr 04, 2011
Ambassador wrote:I'm suspicious of the fact that this thread was started on April Fools Day...

In any event, I've been a little busy lately - with the natives getting restless in the area... no one told me the job actually requires real work

Ambassador! A heartfelt welcome back! Looking forward to your random threads sometime soon.

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:32 am --

Chocoholic wrote:BM, YOUR problem is when you hijack others peoples threads and write your daily routine all over them, going totally off topic. If you can't contribute anything to that topic, then don't post in it! It's a simple request, which you time and time again choose to ignore!

By all means start your own thread relating to your daily drinking and s.e.xual fantasies, but don't pee all over other peoples!

And yes DDS is right, you're a complete attention seeker!

Hey Chocs! I have started my own thread and you're on it! :D Are you trying to derail it?

I see you've been joined by the heavy mob! Did you rustle my little munchkin up via one of your infamous PM's? Is this yours and his attempt at bullying? Why, I even checked my inbox to see if I had simultanious PM's telling me to do one!!!!

Chocs, BM would rather be called an attention seeking whore any day than be come across as a boring frustrated old hag.
Poor old DDS! He is still wallowing in his own misery over being ceremoniously stripped of his moderator status. He has been struck dumb! :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Ambassador wrote:I'm suspicious of the fact that this thread was started on April Fools Day...

Hey, hey, hey!!! Good to know you are alive and well!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Whatever BM, it'll never go through your thick head that your the reason most people have left.

Adios, enjoy your personal playground. I can't be bothered anymore.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Whatever BM, it'll never go through your thick head that your the reason most people have left.

Adios, enjoy your personal playground. I can't be bothered anymore.

Morning Chocs! Now what's happened to the Karate Kid this morning? You sound as if you've had a good kicking! Have you lost the use of your !!!!finger?
Where's your British Bulldog fighting spirit gone to? I remember the days when you, Kanelli and your taxi driver mate were hell bent on driving BM off DF. It made me more determined to stay! So, really, you only have yourselves to blame :lol:
I do wish you'd provide me with a list of those people who have left because of me Chocs, as for the life of me I can only think of Kanelli and in reality, I think she left because she had no friends, nearly everyone had turned against her.

Anyways, don't let me keep you, enjoy Expatwomen! It suits you, bland.
Bethsmum

I miss that spoilt brat SpeedHump!!!

But BB's right this forum could use a bit more life. Wonder why the admin isn't making good full use of this resource.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Q - Who do you miss ?

A - Zubber doesnt "miss" he "moves on"
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Misery Called Life wrote:I miss that spoilt brat SpeedHump!!!

But BB's right this forum could use a bit more life. Wonder why the admin isn't making good full use of this resource.

Admin is relying on a robot now to do the moderation. :lol: No sense of humor and can't identify when a perv puts up several posts looking to make new friends to sit around in the buff to watch a few movies. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh dear BM, see you can't even have a conversation without slinging unjust insults, why? Because of your limited vocabulary and inability to talk about ANYTHING other than yourself. Have you ever stepped back and looked at what you write? Me, me, me, me, drinking, men, what you did last night - who cares. You simply don't have the smarts to talk about anything else. So you have to bore everyone else with your inane daily activites.

I on the other hand as well as other members aren't on here much, because we're actually out having a LIFE!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat