Stange Requests

Topic locked
Stange Requests Feb 22, 2011
What strange requests have you heard of or read about?

I recently read one where someone told another person to post pictures of their sheep and their underwear. I dread to think why one would tell someone to do that. What's next: Sheep wearing said underwear? :lol: :lol:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Stange Requests Feb 22, 2011
I reckon we'll have grannies exchanging knitting patterns and comparing zimmer frames. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I reckon we'll have grannies exchanging knitting patterns and comparing zimmer frames. :D

Cheers,
Shafique

LOOOOOOL! Random thought 101, but have you noticed how knitting is something people seem to do as children at school or when they get old and not really inbetween - weird!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oh, look, two loonies at play. What could those two kiddies be knitting?? Could one be using long strands of hair from his beard, and the other using long strands of hair from her beard? What a pair you make. :lol:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Shafique. I am so pleased to see you have got of your high horse and decided to join everyone else down here in the gutter. For so long you have set your sights way above the white feral underclass.

Welcome to the club!

Cheers
BM
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Hmmm....Looks likes granny boresalot is on a fishing trip, too bad she hasn't had any bites yet.
desertdudeshj

Right on time DDS!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooo predictable. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj

Ah! The Desertdimwitshj strikes again!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Ah! The Desertdimwitshj strikes again!

Maybe he will cum around if you post your sheep. :lol: :lol:

-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 pm --

shafique wrote:I reckon we'll have grannies exchanging knitting patterns and comparing zimmer frames. :D

Cheers,
Shafique

Is your mother a member of DF Shaf? She probably has alot more patterns to share and more knowledgeable about zimmer frames.

Did she make you a pair of these?

I understand that they call them "Pakistani Refugee Slippers". Must be quite a market for those. :lol: :lol:

Oh, yeah, Cheers to you too.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well, While we're on the subject of knitting and sheep ,

Here's shawn... knitting

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Who the hEll is shawn???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

zubber wrote:Well, While we're on the subject of knitting and sheep ,

Here's shawn... knitting

Ahhhh I LOVE SHaun the Sheep - such a brilliant series :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bora Bora wrote:What strange requests have you heard of or read about?

I recently read one where someone told another person to post pictures of their sheep and their underwear. I dread to think why one would tell someone to do that. What's next: Sheep wearing said underwear? :lol: :lol:

Can’t think of strange request at the moment, but I can think of a strange (and hilarious reply, I may add) ...to a certain request/demand.) I almost fell of my chair laughing when I first read it!!!

The request below comes first from the lawyer and the reply follows!! (You may need to enlagre the first letter by zooming in):

5444744989_10eeb2e6f7_o.jpg

5444745065_77d39260f0_o.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

LOL !
desertdudeshj

The Mumbai Mirror has published a compilation of the most bizarre airline passenger requests, put forth to cabin crew in India,

“Slow down, plane’s going too fast”. A passenger looking at the monitor was so petrified, he demanded the plane be slowed down. A crew member said, “He was unaware about cruising speeds. We told him he was in safe hands and yet, he insisted on speaking to the pilot.”

“Need to spit, open the windows”. A passenger chewing tobacco wanted to spit. A crew member said, “We explained that cabin is pressurised and windows cannot be opened.”

Sleeping in overhead luggage compartment. A cabin crew on board Cathay Pacific Airline’s Hong Kong-Mumbai flight encountered a passenger who insisted on sleeping in the overhead luggage storage compartment. Post dinner, he climbed on his seat and tried getting into the storage compartment, thinking that planes have two or three tiers of beds like trains do.

“Phone please, kids are waiting”. A senior flight attendant of Air India said, “This request has come a few times, especially from senior citizens. Passengers see the crew members using intercom handsets on the flight and mistake them to be telephones. The handsets are used by crew to communicate among themselves or with pilots, and for announcements. We have to explain the usage.”

“Where’s my oxygen mask?” On a Kingfisher Airlines international flight from Mumbai, a couple wanted to know what time the overhead oxygen masks would pop down. The bemused air hostess explained that oxygen masks come down only if the cabin is experiencing lack of pressure.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

^^ROFL !

-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:Who the hEll is shawn???

Its calymation british tv series, gets aired on nickelodian and cartoonnetwork regularly, Its a little juevenile, but as chocs mentioned really fun to watch
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Stange Requests Feb 23, 2011
This reminds me and is true and I'm not making this up. I once had clients from India and as standard procedure the Land Cruiser does not move unless everybody is buckled up. As standard everybody body was asked to buckle up before they boarded.

In my rearview I saw one fellow still sitting without a seatbelt on. I then went on to request him to do so. The guy pulls out the seat belt gives it a good loop like a hangmans noose around his neck and then clicks it into place !
desertdudeshj

zubber wrote:^^ROFL !

-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:Who the hEll is shawn???

Its calymation british tv series, gets aired on nickelodian and cartoonnetwork regularly, Its a little juevenile, but as chocs mentioned really fun to watch

Thanks Zubber. That certainly explains/clarifies a few things. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Misery Called Life wrote:The Mumbai Mirror has published a compilation of the most bizarre airline passenger requests, put forth to cabin crew in India,

“Slow down, plane’s going too fast”. A passenger looking at the monitor was so petrified, he demanded the plane be slowed down. A crew member said, “He was unaware about cruising speeds. We told him he was in safe hands and yet, he insisted on speaking to the pilot.”

“Need to spit, open the windows”. A passenger chewing tobacco wanted to spit. A crew member said, “We explained that cabin is pressurised and windows cannot be opened.”

Sleeping in overhead luggage compartment. A cabin crew on board Cathay Pacific Airline’s Hong Kong-Mumbai flight encountered a passenger who insisted on sleeping in the overhead luggage storage compartment. Post dinner, he climbed on his seat and tried getting into the storage compartment, thinking that planes have two or three tiers of beds like trains do.

“Phone please, kids are waiting”. A senior flight attendant of Air India said, “This request has come a few times, especially from senior citizens. Passengers see the crew members using intercom handsets on the flight and mistake them to be telephones. The handsets are used by crew to communicate among themselves or with pilots, and for announcements. We have to explain the usage.”

“Where’s my oxygen mask?” On a Kingfisher Airlines international flight from Mumbai, a couple wanted to know what time the overhead oxygen masks would pop down. The bemused air hostess explained that oxygen masks come down only if the cabin is experiencing lack of pressure.

NIIICEEE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Shaun the Sheep is done by the Ardman animations - Nick Park. The people behind Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Flushed Away, Creature Comforts etc etc Did you know Nick Park's first commercial animation was the video for Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer?

You can youtube Shaun the Sheep - it's dead cute. The tiny baby lamb with a dummy and one tooth is hilarious.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

melika969 wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:The Mumbai Mirror has published a compilation of the most bizarre airline passenger requests, put forth to cabin crew in India,

NIIICEEE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll second that.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Akasha wrote:Shaun the Sheep is done by the Ardman animations - Nick Park. The people behind Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Flushed Away, Creature Comforts etc etc Did you know Nick Park's first commercial animation was the video for Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer?

You can youtube Shaun the Sheep - it's dead cute. The tiny baby lamb with a dummy and one tooth is hilarious.

Oh thats something I didn't know. I loved the video for sledgehammer, remember watching it on Simon Potters Chart Attack or was it music box by then ? I think it was also the first song by Peter Gabriel I ever heard.

desertdudeshj

Interesting Dude. I started this thread for a bit of humor and the first two to respond was Shaf and Chocs who bolted in to take it down and you didn't do a thing, other than contribute to their comments, rather than stopping it. And now it's turning out to be a fairly decent thread. Even you are seeing the humor in it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

My strange request - I once received a phonecall while at work in London from a girl that said that she loved me and wanted to marry me - we had never met!

She said she was outside my work place and wanted to introduce herself. Now I was pretty freaked out and thought it was a practical joke but went outside the bank anyway to see what she was like (if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the lottery). Anyway - it wasn't a practical joke - she was just completely crazy - mentally as well as about me! She wasn't particularly pretty and as I talked with her for a few minutes I could only think of the bunny boiling moment in fatal attraction - I was completey freaked out and a bit scared.

I said thank you but no thank you and went back to work. She kept calling....at first I was nice...than I was more hostile and asked her to leave me alone. She was becoming threatening at this point and also saying quite horrible things. The people I worked with told her to get lost when she called - she didn't - she just kept calling.

In the end I had to speak to HR who in turn spoke to security who in turn called the police. As none of us knew who she was the phone line was tapped so that she could be found and warned officially by the police to stay away. She was eventually tracked down and I learned that she had a history of mental illness. Anyways not had a stranger request than that in my life so far.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

OMG!!!! Could it get any stranger?? or scarier?? What a horrible experience. But........what if she was attractive and had a good figure??? Would it have turned out the same way do you think??? LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

You know BB thats an interesting question but I think that I would have just been a bit gutted that she turned out to be nutso rather than the real deal. As she wasn't attractive and to go along with it completely nuts I was just left wondering what I had done to deserve this. Unsurprisingly it was an office joke for a long time - I was mocked with fake marriage proposals by everyone I worked in crazy voices and impressions of foaming at the mouth.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

JoeTGF wrote:You know BB thats an interesting question but I think that I would have just been a bit gutted that she turned out to be nutso rather than the real deal. As she wasn't attractive and to go along with it completely nuts I was just left wondering what I had done to deserve this. Unsurprisingly it was an office joke for a long time - I was mocked with fake marriage proposals by everyone I worked in crazy voices and impressions of foaming at the mouth.

:lol: :lol: How long did it take for you to stop looking over your shoulder??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Excellent thread - 'granny boresalot' LOL

Another piece of triva about Shawn the Sheep - theme tune is sung by my fellow Englishman, Vic Reeves. Top comedian - of the weird and wacky variety. My kids love Shawn the Sheep..

"some a$$hole is signing your letters" - :D :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Excellent thread - 'granny boresalot' LOL

Another piece of triva about Shawn the Sheep - theme tune is sung by my fellow Englishman, Vic Reeves. Top comedian - of the weird and wacky variety. My kids love Shawn the Sheep..

"some a$$hole is signing your letters" - :D :D

Cheers,
Shafique

Thank you. I'll give you one brownie point for the compliment. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat