On The Shiraz

Topic locked
On the Shiraz Feb 22, 2011
Why not? eh? I have an infidel cabinet I need to empty in the next few weeks. I thought I would take a tip from BM and try the vino. Chardonnay is not for me, but my 5 bottles of DF Shiraz were calling (not all at once). It is a nice Aussie vintage I am enjoying whilst I talk to my American overseers. Just thought I would share.

I thought I should mention to the 6 DFers still around that the Mrs. gave her notice today. We will be leaving the UAE in the next 2 months for sure. It is bittersweet, but mostly sweet. We are fortunate that the Mrs's grandfather has given us a beautiful waterfront home when we arrive in Australia. It is not a gift nor inheritance, but a home he no longer uses and asked us to take it this weekend. We shall pay the taxes and bills until he sells it or the inevitable happens.

We are very grateful for this gift, and Mrs. DD was always a favorite grand child. It is even more motivation to get home to family, as grandpa is 96 years old and I would like to get a few rounds of golf in with him. I am so lucky to have great inlaws and that that Mrs. DD's family is so close.

Our good bye will be next month methinks. We always said we would spend time together when we left this living hell, and I think enjoying a home on the water with a pool will be the way to go. We always planned on renting a place when we got to Aus, but having a family home to look after will be all the better! I cannot wait to cut the lawn and do all the DIY fixups that need to be done. It will be great.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: On the Shiraz Feb 22, 2011
Fantastic post DD. Good to know things are working out for you! I do hope the grass is greener on the other side for you.

I have always found that life is what you make it. Make the most of what you have at the moment, life has a funny way of playing tricks on you. Having said that I believe in never looking back. Good luck DD and Mrs DD. May life give you what you put into it. :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: On The Shiraz Feb 22, 2011
That is nice of you to say, BM. The past few weeks have been a mess with my deportation, Mrs. DD's work and all-round stress. It has not been fun. Mrs. DD actually telling her boss she is leaving is magic. We are so over the moon, I want to forget our 1 month holiday and just get back and play house. It will be so great. First thing I am getting is a BBQ and then a ride-on mower.

During all this crazy time, I forgot to pay my rent, my lawyer and a few other things. I think DD will be dropping a bomb tomorrow! Sucks to part with it, but all cool. DD is loving his life at this point, and not planning on working for a year or so.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Yip yip, about time matey, you've been waiting for this for a veeerrrry long time. The place sounds awsome! Great more peeps to visit when I go to Oz later in the year hehe
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

When I saw the title I thought you are in Iran DD! Shiraz is a name of one of the oldest cities in Iran with lots of amazing historical architecture.

"Legends of Syrah's origins come from one of its synonyms - Shiraz Because a city in Iran called Shiraz produced the well-known Shirazi wine, legends claim that the Syrah grape originated in Shiraz and then was brought to Rhône. This association suggests that "Syrah" is a local French synonym and "Shiraz" is the proper name." wikipedia

Isn't that a pity they don't produce it in Iran anymore?!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sharabe Shiraz ;)
symmetric
BANNED

Well DD, I wish you and Mrs DD a wonderful life. I found this and thought you could use this as your theme song until departure. :lol: It's very apropos considering all that you have been through. What do you think?

PS: I'm sure your landlord wouldn't mind finding a few bottles (full that is!) laying around after you vacate. :wink:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hey DD, I'll be happy to take some bottles off your hands if you can't get through them all. :D Having said that, is is the Elite Doucheratti we're talking about.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: On The Shiraz Feb 24, 2011
I'd even put up with an Aussie wife for those fringe benefits.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:I'd even put up with an Aussie wife for those fringe benefits.

That seems a lot to ask Ben
Bethsmum

That's not nice. Mrs DD is awsome!
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Akasha wrote:

Shut it or I'll beat you up!!!!!!
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

4GetMeNot wrote:
Akasha wrote:

Shut it or I'll beat you up!!!!!!

Hello BM! :lol:
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: On the Shiraz Feb 24, 2011
Hello Chocs! take no notice of 4GetMeNot she suffers from the same syndrome as you!
Bethsmum

Re: On the Shiraz Feb 24, 2011
This looked to have shutup Cheeks. chits, I mean Chocs.

As she would say "run along now"
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat