Soldier Jailed ...part 2

Topic locked
Soldier jailed ...part 2 Jan 19, 2011
Soldier jailed for raping woman

19 January 2011
DUBAI — An Emirati soldier was sentenced to six-month imprisonment by the Court of First Instance on Tuesday for raping a British woman.

The court panel presided by Judge Al Saeed Bargouth also ordered the 30-year-old defendant to pay a fine of Dh1,000 for consuming liquor.

According to prosecution records, the defendant raped the 20-year-old British woman, a secretary, twice while he was intoxicated. During the trial, the soldier pleaded not guilty.

The incident dates back to January last year. The victim was having dinner with her friends at a restaurant. There, she met the defendant who invited her to have a drink with him and started a conversation with her. She told the police that she accepted his invitation as he was being friendly asking about her name and nationality.

As she walked out of the restaurant after midnight heading towards her place in Palm Jumeirah, the defendant followed her. He offered her a ride.

However, the moment she stepped in his car he changed his direction and went to a desert area.

He forced himself on her after screaming and making her scared. He said he wanted to have sex with her. She succumbed to his demand as she was afraid and since he was drunk and nervous.

After raping her, he drove her back to her house. Once inside, he raped her again.She called the police soon after he left. — mary@khaleejtimes.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

so let me get this straight , I'm sorry but she left her friends dinner to drink with a local she just met :roll: he followed her while walking home "no friends drove her back" she accepted a ride :bounce: from a stranger may I add a local :lol: . she got raped some where then drove her HOME and raped her again :? :!: :?: I cant see where she NO mean NO :lol:

I'm sorry but this is just *^$%^&%$%&U$ and a clear case of heavy :drunken: , so the local scored one, whats the big fuss , this is just a one night stand,me... you.... we all have been there :D

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Soldier jailed ...part 2 Jan 20, 2011
Rape: force someone to have s.ex against their will

When will you learn kid? If a girl accept a ride from a stranger it doesnt mean "she asked for being raped"!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Mel, this is just a typical man's reaction. She obviously asked for it, according to the kid. I'm afraid he isn't the only Emirati man I've heard express these sentiments.

I have to admit tho' what was she doing letting him into her flat? If he had just raped me they would have heard me in Deira.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Hey Al shafique , any comments on your UAE friend uaekid about his view on forced s.ex.
But it is not of interest for you, it is not against Israel.

-- Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 am --

Bethsmum wrote:Mel, this is just a typical man's reaction. She obviously asked for it, according to the kid. I'm afraid he isn't the only Emirati man I've heard express these sentiments.

I have to admit tho' what was she doing letting him into her flat? If he had just raped me they would have heard me in Deira.

Nothing surprising here BM, the emirati perpetrator got the sentence (6 month) equivalent to illicite consensual s.ex , it confirms that indeed rape does not exist legally in the UAE, any other civilized countries with laws against rape would have jailed this bastard for 10 years min.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bethsmum wrote:..., this is just a typical man's reaction.

No it's not. It's a typical rapist or potential rapist's reaction.

Typical men, even if they thought they were "in there", so to speak, after spending some time with a woman, would walk away, albeit disappointed, when they found out that nothing was going to happen that night. Only a rapist would then force the woman into something she didn't want to happen.

Unfortunately, there have been a number of stories in the press recently concerning local men who seem to think that they can take any woman they want - notably the one with the model at a villa party who got a catle prod inserted somewhere, and a recent one where a Phillipina was almost bundled into a car by a local and threatened with rape by 10 people if she didn't comply.

It's animal behaviour, and unfortunately until one of these tw*ts gets a heavy sentence, it's going to continue, as they seem to think that they can have any woman they want. I think it's symptomatic of the culture among younger locals who have everything given to them and think they are something special, and a justice system that cannot see that crimes such as this that involve local people, are serious crimes, and should be punished accordingly.

Would an Indian man have gotten 6 months for a crime like this? I very much doubt it......

Edit to add: In fairness, it's not only local men who seem to think they can do what they want with women. I've had numerous instances in bars where non-local arab men seem to think it's OK to try and hit on my fiancee, eben though she wears a ring, and even while i am standing next to her. Where i'm from, that kind of behaviour will normally result in a punch on the nose, and i think these type of people play on the fact that such things attract a heavy sentence here, and so they think they are protected in their otherwise seedy behaviour. I even had one guy complain about the fact that i had told him to F*** off when he was hitting on my bird. Unbelievable.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Assuming for a minute she consented, but the emirati played the back 9, which is what they prefer.
This would also constitute rape.
This sort of thing does not come out in the press and will never be found in court records, but also happened to the girl that was given a lift home from the Madinat.
benwj

melika969 wrote:Rape: force someone to have s.ex against their will

Forced how? Physically? Emotionally? Socially? Forcing somebody physically to se.x no doubt is rape in my book. Although you can argue what is se.x (Clinton?). I remember a case a long time ago when a man put his tongue into a womans ear. He was convicted for rape, as the defition of rape in Holland is physically forcefully physically entering somebody else's body with sexual intent. No doubt its disgusting what this man did, but not a classical rape case IMO. Forcing somebody to se.x with smooth talking (false promises maybe), strong social pressure or on religious grounds is a grey area of rape and should be looked into case by case and is not so clear cut.
I am always disgusted by the phrase "she asked for it". No woman is asking for it unless she says "take me", and even then according to me this only counts when she is 100% capable, so without the influence drugs/alcohol.
Many years ago I found myself in a awkward situation in the US. Me and a female collegue were watching a movie together. She had a few drinks, put my hands on her private parts and said "go ahead". I told her to have a rest and go to sleep. Was this rape/harassment? I think nobody would have convicted her, if anybody was about to get into trouble it would be me. This was Cali by the way, with the law very much favoring women.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Soldier Jailed ...part 2 Jan 20, 2011
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj

any other civilized countries with laws against rape would have jailed this bastard for 10 years min.

You can't be serious herve..I much rather get a 100 lashes than get stuck in jail for 10 years, that's for sure.. :lol:
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Once again Kid, your views against women are pretty disgusting! No one ever asks to be raped - which is basically what you're saying.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

BlueOrb wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:..., this is just a typical man's reaction.

Edit to add: In fairness, it's not only local men who seem to think they can do what they want with women. I've had numerous instances in bars where non-local arab men seem to think it's OK to try and hit on my fiancee, eben though she wears a ring, and even while i am standing next to her. Where i'm from, that kind of behaviour will normally result in a punch on the nose, and i think these type of people play on the fact that such things attract a heavy sentence here, and so they think they are protected in their otherwise seedy behaviour. I even had one guy complain about the fact that i had told him to F*** off when he was hitting on my bird. Unbelievable.

If you ever listen to some Arab expats in their own circles they have this delusion that most western women are crazy for Arabs....

Granted many cases of western solo tourists falling for good looking Egyptian or Lebanese have happened. But unfortunately they (and this includes many Turks as well) think all western girls are "available" and dying to have a romp with them.

The beach fights that broke out in Sydney 2-3 years back had a similar ingredient behind them; Lebanese immigrants harassing Australian girls thinking its ok....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Chocoholic wrote:Once again Kid, your views against women are pretty disgusting! No one ever asks to be raped - which is basically what you're saying.

Thats the core of the problem chocs.
As far as uae kid is concerned, it isn't rape.
His perspective is learnt from watching hollywood drama like Californication, where as far as he is concerned all white girls are gagging for it.
Can you blame him for expecting it from every white girl the minute he meets them?
benwj

uaekid wrote: so the local scored one, whats the big fuss , this is just a one night stand,me... you.... we all have been there :D

And what happens when the One Being Scored , Is your Sister/Mum/Cousin/A dear friend ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Hmmm.....6 months eh ? This dude gets 5 years followed by deportation

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... -passenger
desertdudeshj

That's more like a sentence, that what those Pakistanis should have got in the UK, deportation.
Bethsmum

benwj wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Once again Kid, your views against women are pretty disgusting! No one ever asks to be raped - which is basically what you're saying.

His perspective is learnt from watching hollywood drama like Californication, where as far as he is concerned all white girls are gagging for it.
Can you blame him for expecting it from every white girl the minute he meets them?

Oh so now it's the media's fault?! Dumb and Dumber springs to mind.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

The problem is most men comming from "conservative" societies instantly think of any woman, who drinks, clubs and hangs out with men as hoes and so to them its not that big of a deal !!! To them its most probably like stealing i.e not paying for a service rather than a henious and violent crime.

I am sometimes surprised by the crap sometimes some of my Arab mates spout out.

Also at the end of the day one also has to be cautious, come one you got into a car with a total stranger and then let him into your apartment and let him rape you again. Something does not sound right at all here. Anyways liek I was saying one has to be cautious aswell.

Now you would not go jogging in central park or any shady place anywhere in the world at midnight as the chances of you being mugged, murdered, raped or worse are going to jump a lot.

Just as you would not leave your wallet and mobile phone on the dash of your unlocked car and then be surprised it was stolen if you did. Not saying the woman is not a victim here but if she would have used very basic common sense this whole episode could have been avoided.

But thats not what the thread is about, its about 6 months jail time for an emarati raping a women. While others of similar offence get much harsher sentences.
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:
benwj wrote:

Oh so now it's the media's fault?! Dumb and Dumber springs to mind.

Yes it is the media's fault that this guy should be jailed for 10 years!
benwj

What are you going on about?

That filth should be banged up for a very long time - period!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

no arguments there.
benwj

Chocoholic wrote:What are you going on about?

so you would leave your friends at a dinner and have a drink with a stranger and get a ride with him choc ? boy, there is no limits for you.

you know this would make you a ...... :lol:
uaekid

uaekid wrote:

so you would leave your friends at a dinner and have a drink with a stranger and get a ride with him choc ? boy, there is no limits for you.

No, she was stupid to accept a ride from someone she didn't know. However, that does not absolve the scum bag from taking advantage.

Once again Kid you show you have an extremely short sighted view of women. So a woman has a one night stand and she's a slag, but I suppose it's ok for the guys in yours eyes.

You are truly a horrid person!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

What if UAEkid thought both men and women who have 'one night stands' are 'slags'?

Does that make him a horrible person, still?

:roll:
event horizon

Chocoholic wrote:
uaekid wrote:

No, she was stupid to accept a ride from someone she didn't know. However, that does not absolve the scum bag from taking advantage.

Once again Kid you show you have an extremely short sighted view of women. So a woman has a one night stand and she's a slag, but I suppose it's ok for the guys in yours eyes.

You are truly a horrid person!

you are one of those who get drunk daily and knows the effect, they both were drunk and took advantage of each other ,it not like men are the only one who enjoys it, they probebly had a disagreement on how much she was supose to get paid.

comaan, I would say he raped her with out her well but to take her home and rape her again !!! no traffic no neighbors,no one is around to see him dragging her from the car to her house ? why would a woman who got raped show who raped her were she lives ? get real choc.
uaekid

^^^We don’t know the real story. He might followed her to her apartment, or threatened her with some kind of weapon. There must be an evidence for the court to find him guilty (despite of their will!)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Excuse me! I certainly do not drink on a daily basis - slander much? Maybe once a week at best! Again, you're just showing your pathetic ignorance Kid and tarring everyone with the same brush.

-- Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm --

melika969 wrote:^^^We don’t know the real story. He might followed her to her apartment, or threatened her with some kind of weapon. There must be an evidence for the court to find him guilty (despite of their will!)

Agreed! No matter what the circumstanes, if a girl says NO she means NO!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chocoholic wrote:Excuse me! I certainly do not drink on a daily basis - slander much? Maybe once a week at best! Again, you're just showing your pathetic ignorance Kid and tarring everyone with the same brush.

-- Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm --

melika969 wrote:^^^We don’t know the real story. He might followed her to her apartment, or threatened her with some kind of weapon. There must be an evidence for the court to find him guilty (despite of their will!)

Agreed! No matter what the circumstanes, if a girl says NO she means NO!

that's exactly my point choc ! where did she say NO ? when she left her friends for him or when she got in his car or when she got him in her house.she is not a 12 years old little girl you know.and her story is too fishy. and this is a logical thinking rather than a male view .

stop being racist about every thing.

I'm done.
uaekid

^^^Your point is flawed Kid. If a girl accept a ride it doesnt mean she accept s.ex! ok?!!

And we don't know how he got into her house.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Soldier jailed ...part 2 Jan 21, 2011
uaekid wrote:so you would leave your friends at a dinner and have a drink with a stranger and get a ride with him choc ? boy, there is no limits for you.

you know this would make you a ......

desertdudeshj wrote:The problem is most men comming from "conservative" societies instantly think of any woman, who drinks, clubs and hangs out with men as hoes

uaekid wrote:they probebly had a disagreement on how much she was supose to get paid..

desertdudeshj wrote:To them its most probably like stealing i.e not paying for a service rather than a henious and violent crime.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat