Iran: Kill, Kill And Kill

Topic locked
Iran: kill, kill and kill Dec 29, 2010
Some serious threats from Iran:

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said on Tuesday that a fate worse than what Hitler experienced is waiting for the US and Britain's warmongering leaders.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8910071672

I am also not a big fan of Obama, but I donot wish him dead.

In the mean time Iran continues to kill more Turkish civilians. Ergodan remains quite. The only reason I can think of, is that they were not killed by jews. Or perhaps, because they were Kurdish. Must be a combination of the two.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Iran: Kill, Kill And Kill Dec 29, 2010
No argument from me on this point - very distasteful.

Generals have a habit of wishing death on others - 'shock and awe' was a euphemism for killing Iraqis, and by coincidence today Haaretz also has a piece on a similarly distasteful comments:
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/op ... a-1.333950

In February 2008, the same politician, Deputy Defense Minister Matan Vilnai, warned the Palestinians that they would bring upon themselves "a bigger shoah" - using the Hebrew word for both a generic catastrophe and the Holocaust - if they continued firing rockets at Israel. That was shortly before an Israel Defense Forces offensive that killed 107 Palestinians, more than half of them civilians. Two IDF soldiers were also killed.

Vilnai's words at the time were misunderstood, or deliberately twisted, making it sound like he was pledging that Israel would bring about a "bigger shoah" in Gaza. ("Bigger" than what? Than the Nakba of 1948? ) But he did announce that Israel would take revenge imminently, and laid the blame on the Palestinians. And without intending to, he revealed a characteristic imperviousness to the connotations of his words and showed contempt for our people's history.

(The article is primarily about an Vilnai's, a former IDF general, recent comment likening Gaza to an abcess)

And let's not forget that some on this forum actually celebrate when someone gets murdered in Dubai by Mossad. (That's a bit more serious than rhetoric - that's actual killing).

All are as distasteful as each other (so this is not a what about-ery argument trying to excuse the Iranian comments)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Iran: kill, kill and kill Dec 29, 2010
North Korean generals threaten with a nuclair war.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Iran: Kill, Kill And Kill Dec 29, 2010
^and they get treated with kid gloves.

My observation is that rhetoric by generals is pretty much universal. And indeed, it may actually be inversely proportional to actual killings.

In John Pilger's documentary about the war you don't see (see recent thread) he has a quote there which says that internal US documents from 1948 *(IIRC) looking into the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki concluded that the Japanese would have surrendered anyway and that this was known at the time of the bombings.

Sabre rattling is nothing new.

Cheers,
Shafique

*Edit: I found the reference - it is actually from the US strategic bombing study from 1946 - see bottom of pg 26 :

Nevertheless, it seems clear that, even without the atomic bombing attacks, air supremacy over Japan could have exerted sufficient pressure to bring about unconditional surrender and obviate the need for invasion.

Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts, and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey's opinion that certainly prior to 31 December 1945, and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated.

http://www.anesi.com/ussbs01.htm#teotab
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Iran: kill, kill and kill Dec 30, 2010
Britain forms plan for Gulf evacuation in event of war with Iran!!!
That would finish off Dubai for good.
I heard once a Israeli general say that, the GCC may have the oil, but Isreal has the matches.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -Iran.html
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk