MOL Tells Sharjah Taxi Drivers 'If You Don't Like It Leave!'

Topic locked
MOL tells Sharjah taxi drivers 'If you don't like it leave!' Nov 25, 2010
!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: MOL tells Sharjah taxi drivers 'If you don't like it lea Nov 25, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:Charming! As if these poor guys don't struggle enough to scrape together a pitiful living as it is. Just appalling.

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... title=Take the deal or go home

Sounds like they went to "moderator' school :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Can we have a sensible response from you please instead of the usual drivel!

What "usual drivel" :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: MOL Tells Sharjah Taxi Drivers 'If You Don't Like It Lea Nov 25, 2010
Sorry, was this thread about moderating?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Sorry, was this thread about moderating?

:lol: :lol:

Depends on who is doing the moderating. Apparently you don't have to be a moderator to moderate. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I give up! Screw the lot of you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

:shock: :shock:

:lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well what the hell is the point Bora? Seriously I'd like one of you flippin' idiots to enlighten me as to why you all feel it necessary to derail every single thread on the forum?

It has nothing to do with moderation, it has to do with simply contributing or not!

The majority of you clearly have nothing to contribute to anything around here, so I don't know why you bother. The forum has become a complete joke. People can't come and ask questions, impart information or put up topics that others might find of interested without the usual rabble acting the fools.

Again, I will ask what on earth do you think of people coming to visit the forum for information to be constantly faced with the ridiculousness around here?! Is it any wonder new members, who are far and few between are put off from writing anything, and I wonder why!!!!!

The majority of good members that we did have, have all but disappeared - again, no surprise as to the reason why.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

First, calling people flippin' idiots would be considered baiting Chocs. Your constant name calling is uncalled for and you constantly inserting one in a post will get a rise out of people, should they choose to take the bait.

Second, not everyone is going to find a thread interesting, just because you do. As you would be quick to point out, the taxi driver issue is nothing new.

Third, you are in so many threads !!!!shouting!!!! at people and telling them what to do. To use your word, it is tiresome. It may just be possible that new members are catching some of your posts and may be discouraged by them. You seem to think that everything that is wrong with DF is the fault of everyone else and you are the exception. Here's a news flash Chocs, you are not the exception. Here you are referring to Kanelli as a flippin' idiot and I've seen in other posts you are on DDS's case. Who aren't you taking issue with these days???

Fourth, if you stop trying to moderate people all the time, then maybe we could get some where. Even the slightest bit of humor seems to get on your nerves, along with the Hulk. If you feel so strongly that DF has lost the plot, best you start your own forum where it would actually be yours to run as you please and dictate to people as you please.

Fifth, trying moving away from the chronic complaining and take a different approach, without the name calling of course.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

You missed the point! My question was why do YOU do it in the first place? Why comment something if you truly have nothing to say on the topic, other than to crack some silly remark? That's the point I'm trying to make.

Sure not everyone finds all the threads interesting but it doesn't give you the right to just say any old tosh, just because you feel that you have to post. You can sit on your hands you know!

Also it seems that the request of mods has fallen on deaf ears for people to stay on topic.

Oh well as I've said before you can all go dig your own graves.

ETA - it might not be news to you Bora, but to a lot of people that might be drifting by the forum or new to the UAE it will be. Stop assuming please.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well what the hell is the point Bora? Seriously I'd like one of you flippin' idiots to enlighten me as to why you all feel it necessary to derail every single thread on the forum?

Question was plural Chocs. One can safely assume you were referring to ALL posters on that thread.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I'm not discussing this on the open forum! You have mail!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I'm not discussing this on the open forum! You have mail!

Yup, got it and responded.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Fortunately we can't see it DDS. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Seriously I'd like one of you flippin' idiots to enlighten me as to why you all feel it necessary to derail every single thread on the forum?

Thats a good question for DK, who trolls about every thread he posts in with his silly willy and sexually frustated comments.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Back to the OP...for a change. Its always going to be the "if you don't like it leave" policy. Nothing is ever really going to change here for the for seeable future atleast. But soon this temporary workforce model will fail but by then it will be too late.

I see there is a younger generation of politicians in the FNC who really don't have much if any power but still its a ray of hope, who are starting to see this. With one recently calling for the Minister of labour to scrap the sponsorship system. But ofcourse there is strong opposition to this.

Money can only buy so much.
desertdudeshj

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Seriously I'd like one of you flippin' idiots to enlighten me as to why you all feel it necessary to derail every single thread on the forum?

Thats a good question for DK, who trolls about every thread he posts in with his silly willy and sexually frustated comments.

Don't worry I've already bashed DK over the head with a beer bottle - in person - over that!

-- Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:37 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:Back to the OP...for a change. Its always going to be the "if you don't like it leave" policy. Nothing is ever really going to change here for the for seeable future atleast. But soon this temporary workforce model will fail but by then it will be too late.

I see there is a younger generation of politicians in the FNC who really don't have much if any power but still its a ray of hope, who are starting to see this. With one recently calling for the Minister of labour to scrap the sponsorship system. But ofcourse there is strong opposition to this.

Money can only buy so much.

Well scrapping the sponsorship system is working for other ME countries, so why not the UAE. The only reason they don't want to do it is because of the loss of cash flow and control. Scarpping the 51% loca control in companies would also help.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I'm just counting my days here now. Just a couple of more years at the most ( hopefully less ) and then I'm gone.
desertdudeshj

So, yeah, taxi drivers, sucks. Sadly, that is the way it is with ALL of our jobs.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:I'm just counting my days here now. Just a couple of more years at the most ( hopefully less ) and then I'm gone.

wish I had a dirham for every time I heard that before.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oh no not me, I've been here all my life and uptil recently been a staunch supporter. If you'd offered me a million bucks a few years back I would not have moved or even thought about it. I took the "blue pill"( matrix refrence :D ) somewhere in early 2009 and woke up from the illusion.

I don't have anywhere to go, so it will take me sometime to find a new "home" What I don't understand is the European and American expats dissing this place, singing praises about how things are back home and yet stay here. Thats hypocrital in my opinion.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh no not me, I've been here all my life and uptil recently been a staunch supporter. If you'd offered me a million bucks a few years back I would not have moved or even thought about it. I took the "blue pill"( matrix refrence :D ) somewhere in early 2009 and woke up from the illusion.

I don't have anywhere to go, so it will take me sometime to find a new "home" What I don't understand is the European and American expats dissing this place, singing praises about how things are back home and yet stay here. Thats hypocrital in my opinion.

Obviously you have missed some threads where Americans dis America and Brits dis the UK - for the most part aimed at the government, laws and justice - all of which is compared to Dubai. Wherever you end up you are going to find things you don't like about that country, more so because you won't be a citizen. If you are fortunate to become a citizen you may have less to complain about, but you will have complaints. It's not hypocritical DDS, it's life.

BUT, if you find Shangri-la where everything is perfect, please feel free to let us in on it. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I see you found your soap box again...congrats

-- Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:28 pm --

P.S : Its not about citizenship at all, I can live here indefinetly if I choose to. I know the system and its loop holes very well by now and couldn't careless of any dole handed out by the govt. Have lived without it for so long and will do so in the future. Nor have any false sense of entitlement to anything. So keep your assumptions in check.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I see you found your soap box again...congrats

-- Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:28 pm --

P.S : Its not about citizenship at all, I can live here indefinetly if I choose to. I know the system and its loop holes very well by now and couldn't careless of any dole handed out by the govt. Have lived without it for so long and will do so in the future. Nor have any false sense of entitlement to anything. So keep your assumptions in check.

And I see you can't have a "conversation" or "debate" without getting in a snipe. If you some how took what I said personally, then that's your problem. You really need to move on dude. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: MOL Tells Sharjah Taxi Drivers 'If You Don't Like It Lea Nov 26, 2010
I have lived here my entie life, but once you have lived in other places as well, you find out you are nothing more than a servant, some much more "glorified" than others.
I am shifting my apt, and apparently I need a NOC from the property management company to take even a chair outside the apt, and this is for an unfurnished apt where every single bit of furnishing was bought by me.

Some junior employees complain they cant get a driving license because their company is not giving them an NOC or asking them for a few grand to permit them to get a license.

WHy on earth should a person getting a driving license depend on the whims of his company??

The only way this place is better than Qatar etc is you dont have an exit pass system, where your sponsor needs to to permit you to even take a weekend trip to a neighbouring country.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: MOL tells Sharjah taxi drivers 'If you don't like it lea Nov 26, 2010
the sad thing is that even if these taxi drivers leave their jobs and the country, there will always be someone from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, sri lanka, afghanistan and some arabian countries to replace them and they will be willing to work for low wages! and Sharjah transport know this as well!! thats why "if you dont like it leave"
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat