Pettiness Thread

Topic locked
Pettiness Thread Nov 09, 2010
For your enjoyment and pleasure......discuss.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Pettiness Thread Nov 09, 2010
DD, would you like a job as a moderator ?

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:DD, would you like a job as a moderator ?

Done that on other forums, in a case like the marriage thread, I would just delete the posts that had no relevance to the OP and move them to their own thread or get rid of them altogether. It just junks up the thread. The thing being, I/we were consistent so there was no point in posting flames as they would never last long, so there was no point in wasting the keystrokes in the first place.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Well the lack of quality moderation is in fact what's being discussed on other threads at the moment so I would suggest that you have a look in there and add your ten penneth, maybe someone will take it on board?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Pettiness Thread Nov 10, 2010
dubaidog wrote:
Dillon wrote:DD, would you like a job as a moderator ?

Done that on other forums, in a case like the marriage thread, I would just delete the posts that had no relevance to the OP and move them to their own thread or get rid of them altogether. It just junks up the thread. The thing being, I/we were consistent so there was no point in posting flames as they would never last long, so there was no point in wasting the keystrokes in the first place.

We had a moderator on JBR that used to hover over his keyboard and delete/change posts as they came up. It killed the forum in the end. This is one of the things I like about DF you can just about say anything you like and it doesn't get deleted. If people don't want to read the post they can move on. There are plenty of posts I scan and don't really read but I love the exchanges, it makes everything so much more lively. There is something for everyone here, I hope it doesn't change too much, even the name calling, so amusing. Things get back on topic after a while.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I was never like that,just kept the threads relevant. I just find there is lots of "scanning" going on at the mo.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

It's called people being lazy and not doing their jobs properly - ho hum
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat