Not Nice!!! Wedding Ceremony With A Nasty Twist.

Topic locked
Not Nice!!! Wedding ceremony with a Nasty Twist. Oct 29, 2010
What a lovely memory this couple will have of renewing their wedding vows in the Maldives. Pretty nasty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3anLy3Hz9I&NR=1

Article from Yahoo News where the translation gives more info.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101029/od ... 1029061422

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding ceremony with a Nasty Twist. Oct 30, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:What a lovely memory this couple will have of renewing their wedding vows in the Maldives. Pretty nasty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3anLy3Hz9I&NR=1

Article from Yahoo News where the translation gives more info.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101029/od ... 1029061422

That's really vile!!!

Could it have anything to do witrh the Swiss banning of Minerates (I think the couple were Swiss)??

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding Ceremony With A Nasty Twist. Oct 30, 2010
Extremely rude!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

So bad. I don't understand how anyone could do that - no matter what your feelings on certain situations.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

As much as I sympathize with the couple what on earth were they thinkin. What significance can such a ridiculous ceremony have? At the very least one is supposed to understand the vows one takes. And to think they shelled out cash for that crap. Infuriating!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding Ceremony With A Nasty Twist. Oct 30, 2010
Just another poor swab convinced into shelling out good money to realise some girly trash romance book fantasy to please the missus ! Poor thing !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Now its all over YouTube, I would not be surprised if the normally quiet little Swiss gnome was on a plane back there very soon with a Victorinox knife, the one with all the tools, to find the 'padre' and insert a cuckoo clock up his Baden Baden!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Misery Called Life wrote:As much as I sympathize with the couple what on earth were they thinkin. What significance can such a ridiculous ceremony have? At the very least one is supposed to understand the vows one takes. And to think they shelled out cash for that crap. Infuriating!

MCL,

To you it's crap, but to them it's fun and part of the enjoyment of the holiday. And something to talk about and to show to friends back home. Otherwise they wouldn't do it!

Different strokes for different folks, my friend!!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding ceremony with a Nasty Twist. Oct 31, 2010
Tom Jones wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:As much as I sympathize with the couple what on earth were they thinkin. What significance can such a ridiculous ceremony have? At the very least one is supposed to understand the vows one takes. And to think they shelled out cash for that crap. Infuriating!

MCL,

To you it's crap, but to them it's fun and part of the enjoyment of the holiday. And something to talk about and to show to friends back home. Otherwise they wouldn't do it!

At 23 yrs, guess I'm just an old timer, who would like tho think that before one does sometin in life one should know what one is doing. The whole concept does sound like loads of fun, but to do it in an alien language is akin to folly. But at the end of the day if making a fool of urself sounds appealing, then who am I to complain?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding ceremony with a Nasty Twist. Oct 31, 2010
Tom Jones wrote:

MCL,

I would not even show this to my dog let alone my friends, even if they can't understand the language.
If its fun your after, stick to Vegas.

But.......but.......what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas. We will never know if he had fun or not. :shock:
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding ceremony with a Nasty Twist. Nov 01, 2010
An update on the story.

The President of the Maldives called the couple personally and apologized. He invited them to come back and visit the Maldives as his own personal guests.

That's nice!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tress.html

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Not Nice!!! Wedding ceremony with a Nasty Twist. Nov 01, 2010
Tom Jones wrote:An update on the story.

The President of the Maldives called the couple personally and apologized. He invited them to come back and visit the Maldives as his own personal guests.

That's nice!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tress.html

8) 8)

What, so they can have another go at mocking them?
I'd tell the president to shove that one up his Baden Baden as well!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance