Work In Dubai - Will This Scenario Works?

Topic locked
Work in Dubai - will this scenario works? Mar 06, 2006
I want to come to Dubai in order work and live there. Now this is my plan, I want to know is this a working plan or I need to change something?

1. Make an airplane ticket reservation for (April 17th, 2006)
2. Make a hotel reservation (for max 5 days) in a 2-3 star hotel (tourist visa)
3. Make a hotel reservation (for the remaining 25 days) in a cheaper but clean and normal hotel where I will stay for the rest of the time.
4. Travel to Dubai
5. Have the interviews - I get some appointments already (prior to my arrival to Dubai), and I working hard to assure some more before I’ll arrive to Dubai.
6. (I hope) get a job offer out of one of those interviews.
7. Then do the rest I have to do in order to obtain a work permit and residence visa.
8. Stay and work in Dubai
9. Or if everything of this fails… (I hope not) after the 30 day period return to my home country (in Europe).

Additionally I am interested for a good and cheap hotel (not more than 25-30 USD/day) for those 25 days I mention earlier in this post. I find a few hotels for around 65 USD/day for the first 5 days – I need this for getting a visa?)
I am a professional not poor but not too rich as well, but I don’t like to throw money on unnecessary things… so I looking for a low to medium budget solution... So if you have some better ideas on this temporary accomodation please let me know.

Thanks.

blackrose
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 06, 2006
Where are you from in Europe as many countries now get a 60 day tourist visa.

It's a good plan, but this place doesn't work that fast, you could be waiting around to get an offer and certainly it take about 2 to 3 months to sort residency visas and all that stuff out - at least.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum