To Much Hate And I'm Quitting …

Topic locked
Re: To Much Hate And I'm Quitting … Oct 05, 2010
Looked who popped in ?

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Red Chief wrote:
dilara wrote:I know people have too much hate in them, but I'm telling you it's because they really do not have an ambition in life and they get involved with everything to see how much drama they can get out those....

Well said. It's exactly what this Dubai Circus is about. By the way it looks that you hit somebodie's nerve. 8)

I hope you aren't referring to me teddy bear. Dilara seems to get me. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Don't take it too personal, darling. It was my first (or basic?) reaction on the new avatar although there is always a bit of joke in any joke.
8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: To Much Hate And I'm Quitting … Oct 06, 2010
Woaaa I feel kinda lost.... :)
dilara
Dubai Forum User

Re: To much hate and I'm quitting … Oct 06, 2010
Don't worry about it Miss Elf, its been going on a long time...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: To Much Hate And I'm Quitting … Oct 07, 2010
No sadly I’m not leaving the forum (alcohol and sprite mix talk) more than I’m leaving the attitude and personality that I adopted from discussing issues with those who has this attitude. I hated chocs attitude and other brits arrogant and their principles in many of those issues that they use hurtful words among ppl cultures religions to prove their point and I will summaries it with the following:
“hey,we built Dubai by our investments and engineers but don’t blame us for slaving those constructions workers or the real-estate inflation ,well yes we are part of it but since the government is ok with ,so do we” now this example shows that they know they contributed to such things but only pointed the fingers at the government laws and not their principles of taking an advantage of such a weak law “to make money” and I guess one can apply this behavior and most of their arguments.
And no I’m not trying to get any attention from ppl I disagree with or don’t like, I guess that is a clear fact to many here.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Welcome back Kid! :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oh crap I thought you'd fcuk'ed off for good
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Oh crap I thought you'd fcuk'ed off for good

That actually made me laugh for some reason... :roll: ps. not saying anything to the reply, its just the way you wrote it :D
dilara
Dubai Forum User

Re: To much hate and I'm quitting … Oct 08, 2010
@uaekid

NIL ILLEGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:@uaekid

NIL ILLEGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM

HI BM,

ILLEGITIMUS is a single bast*rd.

ILLEGITIMI is the plural. I think you meant the latter, because we have more than one b in this forum!! :)

No, I didn’t google anything! I took Latin in college!!! Needless to say, I didn't flunk it!!! (Though barely made it!!!) :lol: :lol:

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: To Much Hate And I'm Quitting … Oct 08, 2010
By the time he finds out what that means, we all would be using flying cars, has a tough time understanding simple English let alone Latin.
desertdudeshj

Well all I can say to that is that I wish I could speak Arabic. let alone write it as well as Uaekid speaks/writes English. I admire him.
And thanks TJ for the correction in my Latin, I did do Latin for a couple of years at school but like my French and German, have forgotton 90% of what I was taught. We English are bone idle where languages are concerned and think everyone should speak English. It really is something we should get a grip of.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Well all I can say to that is that I wish I could speak Arabic. let alone write it as well as Uaekid speaks/writes English. I admire him.
And thanks TJ for the correction in my Latin, I did do Latin for a couple of years at school but like my French and German, have forgotton 90% of what I was taught. We English are bone idle where languages are concerned and think everyone should speak English. It really is something we should get a grip of.

Ohhh... pay me no mind, BM.

I remeber this part pretty well... because it almost made me flunk another English class. I wrote the word "Funguses" in the final exam, instead of "Fungi." Will never forget it!!!!

You're right...BM!! English speaking people are the worst when it comes to learning other languages -- because everybody wants to speak English to them, or should I say, wants to practice their English on them!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Well all I can say to that is that I wish I could speak Arabic. let alone write it as well as Uaekid speaks/writes English. I admire him.

Ohhh... pay me no mind, BM.

I remeber this part pretty well... because it almost made me flunk another English class. I wrote the word "Funguses" in the final exam, instead of "Fungi." Will never forget it!!!!

You're right...BM!! English speaking people are the worst when it comes to learning other languages -- because everybody wants to speak English to them, or should I say, wants to practice their English on them!!

8) 8)

Ohh I think it takes more than a one silly spilling mistake to make you almost fail an English class :wink:
uaekid

desertdudeshj wrote:By the time he finds out what that means, we all would be using flying cars, has a tough time understanding simple English let alone Latin.

I don't appreciate your comment regarding Uaekid's English language skills, nor buying the sarcasm.

English is not our first language, and it will never be. We're not expected to master it either.
Pity our government isn't putting serious efforts to introduce Arabic language to everyone living here.
If I had the power, I would strongly urge everyone to learn atleast basic Arabic if he/she or even IT planned on living here.

DD, perhaps you might want to learn how to have a decent conversation with me in BOTH classic Arabic and the very slang of our dialect before you demand citizenship or even think of discussing this issue with us.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: To Much Hate And I'm Quitting … Oct 08, 2010
Sym I know your opinion on this so I'm not going to debate you, You don't appericiate my comments fine you have to right not to. And FYI I didn't take a day of proper Arabic class in my life but still I will be more than happy to engage you in a conversation in your emarati-khaleeji dialiect.

And this is even after knowing that I will never get citizenship otherwise I might have even learned the classic written and spoken one too. But that won't get you far in this country so there was no need to.
desertdudeshj

I'm all for the Emaratis not giving citizenship to anyone. I wish it was that way in Britain too. We give away passports if you collect 10 tokens from the back of Weetabix packets.
Bethsmum

symmetric wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:By the time he finds out what that means, we all would be using flying cars, has a tough time understanding simple English let alone Latin.

I don't appreciate your comment regarding Uaekid's English language skills, nor buying the sarcasm.

English is not our first language, and it will never be. We're not expected to master it either.
Pity our government isn't putting serious efforts to introduce Arabic language to everyone living here.
If I had the power, I would strongly urge everyone to learn atleast basic Arabic if he/she or even IT planned on living here.

DD, perhaps you might want to learn how to have a decent conversation with me in BOTH classic Arabic and the very slang of our dialect before you demand citizenship or even think of discussing this issue with us.

thanks symmertic.desertdudshj has a hidden issue with me and I can't remember me and him crossing each other in the forum to have a sarcastic and defensive attitude toward me lately . but its OK I wouldn't blame him more than blaming dubaiforums latest discussion methods that I complained about before. I had the same sickness myself after being dragged down to some other members level. but thank god I had a wake up call.
uaekid

Looks like we will have more comebacks than Engelbert. :drunken:
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: To Much Hate And I'm Quitting … Oct 09, 2010
Or the stones
desertdudeshj

Re: To much hate and I'm quitting … Oct 09, 2010
Or Linda Lovelace.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:Sym I know your opinion on this so I'm not going to debate you, You don't appericiate my comments fine you have to right not to. And FYI I didn't take a day of proper Arabic class in my life but still I will be more than happy to engage you in a conversation in your emarati-khaleeji dialiect.

And this is even after knowing that I will never get citizenship otherwise I might have even learned the classic written and spoken one too. But that won't get you far in this country so there was no need to.

If you ever intended to be part of this land and native society, perhaps you would've put extra efforts to do so and atleast started by adopting the language, both classic & dialect. If you speak a language, then you already obtained half the culture. Adopting a language has more dimensions than just learning some of it.

There is a huge difference indeed, between a person who intends to totally immigrate from his hometown, and settle in a different one for the long term, and between a person who just moved in to make a living. Even if you spend most of your life over there, it doesn't give you the right to claim citizenship, it will surely be more like taking advantage for free. Unlike a person who is willing to adopt the whole package (language/culture, and life style) and is willing to raise his own children that way in order to join the local society, then that person will be more than welcome!

Let me give you an example...

The local family of "Lootah" are originally from Pakistan, but you may see how they totaly chose to melt within the local society to the extent that they have become totaly Emarati, and in fact a good example of a traditional local family too. It's because they had the intention from the very start.

You can't just expect a citizenship for spending most of your life time making a living here, it's take more than one's self-interest.

I'm talking about this issue from a very general POV...
I still got more to say though, but I'll save it for whenever I'm asked.

-- Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:40 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:I'm all for the Emaratis not giving citizenship to anyone. I wish it was that way in Britain too. We give away passports if you collect 10 tokens from the back of Weetabix packets.

Thank you Bethsmum : )
Actually last week I was chit chatting with two colleagues from Scottland regarding the same issue of citizenship, and they were totally pissed off with the easy laws of granting citizenship to people, let alone the benefits paid to support those non-native British citizens. They are cocerned about the demographic change in some cities, although its slight at the moment, but they believe it will eventually cause a big issue in the future.
symmetric
BANNED

But why do you think that is so, because from day one its an obvious fact no matter what you do you will not even get permanent residence status let alone citizenship. Your always a forgiener no matter what you do. Its like saying I will be studying to become a doctor but never will be allowed to take an exam and actually become a doctor. Would you do it, ofcourse not

I'll give you another example of a Pakistani friend of mine, he studied in local schools, always dresses in a kandoura, can speak, read and write Arabic better than many Emaratis. His sisters speak nothing but Arabic and some English. These are the only two languages they know. he himself can speak basic urdu. They are what you would call have whole and sole adopted the culture, so much so other than his close friends don't even know he is Pakistani. Many time people are in disbelief when he has to show his ID anywhere. What about people like these and I know many such examples what do you say about this ?

Look bro, from what I know your one of the forward thinking individuals and your country needs more people like you,. But people like Kid are on a whole different plane althoghter, someone who thinks he is personally doing the expats a huge favour by letting them stay here and that without it these people would die of hunger along with a huge sense of misplaced entitlement. He probably drains more out of the govt than what ever he gives back if anything at all.
desertdudeshj

@symmetric
Yes, and your Scottish friends have cause to worry. When I come into Manchester airport, I often queue behind hundreds of Pakistanis and Indians who all have British passports. They dress in their native dress and most of them don't even speak English, except their hoardes of kids who all have Manc accents. It makes me sick. What gives them the right to migrate to my country and get passports? They don't want to be British and some are even plotting against the British. Why don't they just sod off back to where they've come from? I'd hoof the whole lot of them out if I was Prime Minister.
When I come into Dubai, I see immigration just for ECC countries, that's how it should be, priority in your own country. I don't mind queuing here (well I don't actually as I have e-gate). I have no problem being second to an Emirati in Dubai, but I do have a problem being second to some old pakistani who can't even speak English in England.
I know some of the family 'Lootah' you refer to. Very nice people. I hadn't realised they were originally from Pakistan, that surprised me.
Bethsmum

Oh so Kid had a wake-up call? What was that? A frisbie to the side of the head! Give me a break. Kid, you can not like other peoples opinions as much as you like - the majority of your attitudes suck BIG TIME.

Don't come across all innocent and woe is me, you've brought crappy attitudes towards you onto yourself by your usual narrow minded, outrageous, I am everything attitude.

No one is fooled by you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I like him!
Bethsmum

The correct Latin would be 'Nihil Illegitemi Carborundum' and I should know as it was my id signature here for many years...and it was translated by my nephew who has a 1st in Classics from Oxford!

We Brits are terrible at languages, however there is a species of hairdresser in Liverpool who can speak 'Urdu'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Blue rinse meester?.......Bibbly bobbly perm meester?, shirt beck and seeds meester?

Dubai Knight wrote:The correct Latin would be 'Nihil Illegitemi Carborundum' and I should know as it was my id signature here for many years...and it was translated by my nephew who has a 1st in Classics from Oxford!

We Brits are terrible at languages, however there is a species of hairdresser in Liverpool who can speak 'Urdu'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

-- Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 pm --

Well said BM.

I await the day they start to wear tartan gadgie dresses.

The war begins.

Bethsmum wrote:@symmetric
Yes, and your Scottish friends have cause to worry. When I come into Manchester airport, I often queue behind hundreds of Pakistanis and Indians who all have British passports. They dress in their native dress and most of them don't even speak English, except their hoardes of kids who all have Manc accents. It makes me sick. What gives them the right to migrate to my country and get passports? They don't want to be British and some are even plotting against the British. Why don't they just sod off back to where they've come from? I'd hoof the whole lot of them out if I was Prime Minister.
When I come into Dubai, I see immigration just for ECC countries, that's how it should be, priority in your own country. I don't mind queuing here (well I don't actually as I have e-gate). I have no problem being second to an Emirati in Dubai, but I do have a problem being second to some old pakistani who can't even speak English in England.
I know some of the family 'Lootah' you refer to. Very nice people. I hadn't realised they were originally from Pakistan, that surprised me.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Chocoholic wrote:Oh so Kid had a wake-up call? What was that? A frisbie to the side of the head! Give me a break. Kid, you can not like other peoples opinions as much as you like - the majority of your attitudes suck BIG TIME.

Don't come across all innocent and woe is me, you've brought crappy attitudes towards you onto yourself by your usual narrow minded, outrageous, I am everything attitude.

No one is fooled by you.

how can I be innocent if I started by thread by apologizing ? it meant that I mad a mistake dear so no I'm innocent , it's just me being the bigger person and admitting mistakes and I hope you will too one day.

my apology has nothing to do with my opinion I'm still UAEkid but I apologized for for my self before anything for not being who I am and got driven to be like you, a person who prove here points only by harsh words toward others and a despites of people feeling toward their opinions, culture and religion , including brits.

most of the threads going to the fight club bcz of you choc ,this does tell something about you joyful attitude but I'm over it now and if me disagreeing with you makes me a narrow minded then be it.
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat