My Trip To Japan ~

Topic locked
My trip to Japan ~ Oct 06, 2010
I have visited Japan during September 2010, and it was such an amazing experience indeed!
I stayed 3 days in Osaka and 8 days in Tokyo, and just regret not extending my stay. The country is of high standards in terms of life style, technology, culture, and you can sense that in all aspects.

I always heard that Japan is such an expensive country and life expenses are too high, but surely that is a common misconception. Comparing Paris to Tokyo, I'd say Paris is surely more expensive!! Even accomodation in Tokyo was cheaper than in Paris or London.

The country was TOTALY safe and peacfull, and the people were very nice, friendly, and more than willing to help you. They got their own Japnese ettiquette based on their very respectful culture. I was glad many shops would still be open till 9-9:30 PM, unlike other cities in Europe where they close a bit earlier.

Technology plays a big role in their daily life, and even their toilets got that tech-touch, lol.

Japanese people got their comics and animated characters photos everywhere, I don't recall seeing much of their own celebrities posters, compared to the enomorous number of their "Anime" hereos :mrgreen:

I just want to share some photos of my trip with you guys ;)

1) A typical view of Tokyo's downtown, shot taken from my room's window...

2) A temple in Tokyo...

3) The temple from outside...

4) In the temple's garden, a Japanese man was performing his prayer...

5) An idol in the temple...

6) A Japanese monk I suppose? I saw a couple of them holding bouls in their hands for charity.

7) A Japanese lady wearing a Kimono, smiling to my camera ;)

8- The famous Tokyo Dome City (it includes a big staduim and a theme park).

9) A cute Japanese girl I saw in the public park, Asian kids are the most adorable :wink:

10) A Japanese artist in the public park

11) This is a bakery & cafe shop themed with a common Japanese anime, this is just an example on how they got their anime everywhere in their daily life.

12) Jump Shop! Full of Japanese anime souvenirs :mrgreen:

13) A poster of famous anime characters named "Naruto" and "One Piece". You can this poster on the Jump Shop previous photo.

14) A resort that's 1 hour away from Tokyo by the Bullet Train called Forestana, which has a nice outlet mall.

15) Another view of Forestana (I really like this photo).

16) The outlet mall...

17) My friend walking towards the bikes...

18) Biking in Forestana

19) Thats me enjoying the beautifull view of nature ;)

symmetric
BANNED

Re: My Trip To Japan ~ Oct 06, 2010
You lucky dog, all I've ever seen is the brown sand of the desert here......hmmmmmmmm.

When I could afford to I never had the time, now I have the time can't afford to, travel that is ! Sometimes I feel I'm going to die on this sand stone. :shock:
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Thanks for sharing, awesome pics!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:You lucky dog, all I've ever seen is the brown sand of the desert here......hmmmmmmmm.

When I could afford to I never had the time, now I have the time can't afford to, travel that is ! Sometimes I feel I'm going to die on this sand stone. :shock:

Regardless anything, listen carefully to this piece of advice!
Before you get urself burried under the ground, and move to the other life, just make sure you visit visit Japan! It's a place u dont want to miss in this current life :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: My Trip To Japan ~ Oct 07, 2010
I meant I'm doomed to die on this sand stone, not that I want to.
desertdudeshj

melika969 wrote:Thanks for sharing, awesome pics!

Your welcome!
You too make sure you visit Japan, perhaps start an Iranian community over there :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

I think there already quite a few living there already.
desertdudeshj

I felt so depressed on the day I left Tokyo back to our yellow desert, which I only enjoy during winter o.O
symmetric
BANNED

Sym, thank you for sharing your pictures and trip. It does inspire one to want to make the trip. I think I would thoroughly enjoy their respectful culture - something one could never tire of.

I remember a story sometime ago where this American man had an interview with a Japanese company (in the US) and somehow the babysitter didn't show up so he took the child along with him. After being interviewed with the child on his lap he was offered the job. He was told that bringing his child was an added factor, although he would have gotten the job otherwise. Family ties are a very strong part of their culture.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: My trip to Japan ~ Oct 07, 2010
Well as beautiful as it looks. Japan in on my boycott list until they stop needless whaling! Humph!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: My trip to Japan ~ Oct 07, 2010
Love Japan, the country, having spent quite a lot of time there. I was based in Miyakonojo on the southern island of Kyushu and the scenery is simply stunning. Its a very active volcanic area and there were hot springs and spas everywhere. Sitting in a boiling hot lake that smells like rotten eggs, sipping warm sake is an experience everyone should try at some point!

The culture, like Arab culture, takes a little time to understand fully, but they have thousands of years of history that defines who they are now.

Nice pics.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: My trip to Japan ~ Oct 11, 2010
Japan is a wonderful place. i have been there. People of japan are very friendly and cooperative and the most wonderful thing i liked in japan is the building structures of japan. The precautionary measures taken in the building construction to be safe from earthquake is really wonderful
SalmaRaul
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: My trip to Japan ~ Oct 12, 2010
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

What did you think about the general day to day expenses? I have heard that Japan is crazy expensive. Can you please comment on hotel prices, a cup of coffee price, dinner prices at normal restaurant, beer price etc etc compared to dubai.

Also you went to Japan and not ONE PIC of an authentic Sushi bar?!?!? Comon man :D

Did you do any karaoke? :oops:
Wesker
Dubai Forum User

Re: My trip to Japan ~ Oct 18, 2010
Wesker wrote:Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

What did you think about the general day to day expenses? I have heard that Japan is crazy expensive. Can you please comment on hotel prices, a cup of coffee price, dinner prices at normal restaurant, beer price etc etc compared to dubai.

Also you went to Japan and not ONE PIC of an authentic Sushi bar?!?!? Comon man :D

Did you do any karaoke? :oops:

Glad you like the pics =)

Day to day expenses were fine, I myself used to buy this common misconception of Japan being too expensive. But trust me it was just ok, & surely cheaper than Paris :mrgreen:

I stayed in a 4 star hotel, called Dai Ichi, it was really good!
I keep on checking hotels.com every now & then for good promotions. The price per night for a 2-single-beds room was approx. 800, but I got it for 640 after discount, so my share was just 320 AED. The hotel location is very close to Ginza Street, which is the most luxrious in Tokyo.

Coffee houses such as Star bucks, Tullys, are all around and their prices are similar to Dubai (2 more extra dirhams I suppose).

I used to go to mainly Turkish, Iranian, and Indian restaurants which are non-local thus supposed to be expensive. Prices ranged, for example a Kabab sandwich (Turkish) costed 15 AED, and one was really enough portion for 1 person. The Butter Chicken (Indian) with 1 big Naan coseted 45-50 AED. The Chelo Kabab (Iranian) costed approx 65 AED.

I dont know much about Japanese restaurants since I'm not into Asian food. :roll:
I just tried the Sushi in longue at the Airport :wink: .. Wasn't bad at all !

Crepe and ice cream shops were everywhere, and prices for such snacks costed between 10-30 AED.

Never use a taxi in Japan, rather for the underground. It's easy as long as you have the English version map, which is available. I charged my underground ard with 500 AED, and it was enough for 8 days moving around Tokyo.

I really wanted to try a Karaoke, but didn't have the chance :( ..
When I were in the Philipines, I did try it and it was fun! :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Re: My trip to Japan ~ Oct 18, 2010
Great photo's Sym, thanks for sharing with us.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: My Trip To Japan ~ Oct 19, 2010
sym photo no 18) is the best, all it needs is a gal on a bike along you and it would be like watching a scene from a bollywood movie ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: My Trip To Japan ~ Oct 19, 2010
Whats with Japs and their insane obsession with manga and anime ?
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat