Fur Is Dead.

Topic locked
Fur is Dead. Mar 01, 2006
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2006
Anyone that wears fur for fashion is just sick in the head!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 01, 2006
Choco..

Thats True.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2006
Don't own fur.. but I think there are bigger things to worry about when it comes to animal rights... starting with battery farming! Harms many more animals than the fur trade, and yet we all love our cheap chicken!

Farming animals for fur is no less cruel than farming them for food, or am I missing something here?

I take it those people who are opposed to fur also are opposed to leather?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 01, 2006
Urgh... that video clip... it's sickening.
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 01, 2006
I remeber a story which we have been told since we were kids... its a hadith by the pofit actually about animal rights by somehow..

and i think Choco likes cats, i think she would like to read this :D

Hadith No.: 1292
'Abdullah bin 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with them, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A woman was punished because she had kept a cat tied until it died, and (as a punishment of this offense) she was thrown into Hell. She had not provided it with food, or drink, and had not freed her so that she could eat the insects of the earth.

Hadith No.: 1294

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A prostitute saw a dog moving around a well on a hot day and hanging out its tongue because of thirst. She drew water for it in her shoe and she was pardoned (for this act of hers) and sent to heaven.

And by the way...

In Islam, there are rules for how to treat an animal which you are welling to kill for example..

You shouldnt show the knife when you are approching that animl..

The knife has to be very sharp so the process will be quick and easy ..

You should offer the animl food and water and make sure that its not hungry.

if you were in a place where other animals are there, then you should make the process away from the other animals so they want see that.
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2006
All animals should be treated with respect and slaughtered in a humane way.

Peta has too much propoganda for my liking - slaughter houses aren't pretty sights, battery farms are worse... why pick on fur manufacturers?

Why shouldn't the Chinese be able to farm cats and dogs for their fur? Many pigs are killed for food and these are as intelligent, loyal etc as cats and dogs. Many horses are slaughtered for meat as well.

I'm being a little provocative here, and I'm not 100% sure on the Islamic point on raising animals only for their fur, as opposed to their meat and the fur is a by-product. I just rebel from propaganda where-ever it arises..

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 04, 2006
Shaf,

If you're a meat eater then leather isn't really a problem as leather is a by-product of the meat industry. What you say about battery farming is true, it's not very humane.

BUT the thing about fur farming is the same, the animals never know any freedom and are kept in horrible circumstances. Plus many animals killed for their fur don't have the luxury of dying first and many are skinned alive, dying in agony minutes later. Also it's not as if any other part of the animal is used, it's basically skinned and the rest of the body is disgarded - what a terrible waste! The fur looks better on the animal, anyone who would wear it for fashionable purposes is seriously ugly!

Plus the use of what I call 'domestic' animals, cats, dogs. See to me even the thought of these animals being used for food grosses me out, particularly when I go home everyday to two loyal animals who bring so much happiness to me. It just doesn't sit right. Even the French and their horse eating is horrid.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums