Former CEO Sues AD Company In The US

Topic locked
Former CEO sues AD company in the US Sep 01, 2010
Hey Herve, another member to your club.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 1-1.286274

gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Former CEO sues AD company in the US Sep 02, 2010
why is it not suprising to see an "indian" company involved???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:why is it not suprising to see an "indian" company involved???

Indian company? You thinking of Tata? Story is about Taqa, an Abu Dhabi oil company.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

bonk wrote:

Indian company? You thinking of Tata? Story is about Taqa, an Abu Dhabi oil company.

I believe the indian company involved, Rudeboy is referring to is within the article;

Barker-Homek "declined to enter into a deal with an Indian computer company that would give kickbacks to Taqa executives," he said in his complaint. The Indian company "later admitted to a massive fraud scheme," he said in the suit.
Dillon

Dillon wrote:
bonk wrote:

I believe the indian company involved, Rudeboy is referring to is within the article;

Barker-Homek "declined to enter into a deal with an Indian computer company that would give kickbacks to Taqa executives," he said in his complaint. The Indian company "later admitted to a massive fraud scheme," he said in the suit.

Ah ok. Then I'm missing his point.

Unless he's saying it's the fault of Indians, or Indian companies when executives in Abu Dhabi companies want bribes :? ?
bonk

So what do you reckon the outcome would be? Brushed under the carpet or taken seriously?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Former CEO Sues AD Company In The US Sep 02, 2010
What do you think. Taqa will claim this is all false and they are victims in this case. A case will be filed here and the CEO will be found guilty in absentia......in other words the usual
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

i guess the CEO will probably release a book, come on dubai forum and try to sell his book to everyone here telling how dubai is rubbish, blash balahha blah balha chinky blah blah blah but he will not tell everyone how he made a few thousand dollars while he was here!

WAIT that sounds familiar init!!!! 8) I guess the frog will pop out any minute now 8) :lol:
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:i guess the CEO will probably release a book, come on dubai forum and try to sell his book to everyone here telling how dubai is rubbish, blash balahha blah balha chinky blah blah blah but he will not tell everyone how he made a few thousand dollars while he was here!

WAIT that sounds familiar init!!!! 8) I guess the frog will pop out any minute now 8) :lol:

A few thousands??? I think you left off a few zeros. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

i am giving him the benefit of the doubt ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Former CEO Sues AD Company In The US Sep 02, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:What do you think. Taqa will claim this is all false and they are victims in this case. A case will be filed here and the CEO will be found guilty in absentia......in other words the usual

so you think a guy who is suing for a 460m is the poor victim one. please...
but it's good he doesn't have a video tape this time :shock:

-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:So what do you reckon the outcome would be? Brushed under the carpet or taken seriously?

well this is the USA , it cant be brushed under the carpet and will be taken seriously .not unless he has no prove of he is clams.which I'm not sure of. he is just a another looser who got sacked and want revenge . but I guess a court of law especially in the US will be a better judgment than me bcz unlike DD the go by evidence and not stereotype. let's wait and see.
uaekid

This is why, all these foreigners jailed on trumped up charges will never be released, back to their country they would speak out and automatically file lawsuits for abuse, wrongfull convictions and other ill treatments, and they would get what they could not have in the UAE, a fair trial.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Former CEO Sues AD Company In The US Sep 03, 2010
no ,its bcz of people like you herve whom big companies spend millions on your promises to deliver but you never did , not only that but you went further to steal their money and run a way with your hammer, and that's the result. and i didn't see any foreigners who faced this out come of 6,000,000 foreigners in UAE . and ppl like you who gives the rest a bad name.
uaekid

Re: Former CEO sues AD company in the US Sep 03, 2010
Like you said above, the US court will have all the evidence to rule on Herve's case. So let's see.
I can only imagine the consequences if Dubai World gets guilty.
Give it a couple of years, and the UAE will lose all their foreign assets in litigation, they got already 5 or 6 pending lawsuits and it does not look good.
capsicum
BANNED

Re: Former CEO sues AD company in the US Sep 03, 2010
They will just raise a bond issue or try to generate cash by selling off the debt or simply offer their creditors a small percentage of the real debt and a handful of bonds that are really worthless.

Like Nakheel.

The time is not far away when a Dubai stock bond will be printed on rolls and only useful in a toilet.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat