Same Old BS

Topic locked
Same old BS Sep 01, 2010
The same ol BS of blatantly denying everything and claiming to be the victims instead. What utter non sense. I don't know who they are fooling or trying to.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-ara ... d-1.676157

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Same old BS Sep 01, 2010
Seems they are not fooling anyone...

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Same old BS Sep 02, 2010
Now why would anyone make up such a story. These people are fools, really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I expressed some suspicion about the story in a previous post. Obviously I don't know what actually happend but.

Look at the nail on the right of the x-ray it would appear that the nail would be exposed (too far from the bone). It would have caused infection, etc. etc.

Something is not right about this story...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Same Old BS Sep 02, 2010
Hate to say it but I too had soem trouble believing it
Thats not to say abuse doesnt go on unopunished in Saudi, but 24 nails ??
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Ambassador wrote:I expressed some suspicion about the story in a previous post. Obviously I don't know what actually happend but.

Look at the nail on the right of the x-ray it would appear that the nail would be exposed (too far from the bone). It would have caused infection, etc. etc.

Something is not right about this story...

Well not necessarily, hate to put the medical spin on it, but if the needles et were heated, that would make them sterile and quarterize the wound as it goes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well not necessarily, hate to put the medical spin on it, but if the needles et were heated, that would make them sterile and quarterize the wound as it goes.

I think Chocoholic has been watching too much CSI make believe television; :lol: Nails/Needles are made of Carbon Steel or a poor quality Stainless at best and would start to oxidise and decompose upon contact with water, especially after being heated.

I’m sure the truth will out in the long run, there are still far too many unanswered questions in this and most ‘sensational accusation’ newspaper reports.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

LOL just saying. But even so, can you really believe that someone would do that to themselves?

I don't know, it's horrible however it happened.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Ambassador wrote:
Well not necessarily, hate to put the medical spin on it, but if the needles et were heated, that would make them sterile and quarterize the wound as it goes.

I'm no Medical Doctor myself (just play one on TV) but maybe the x-ray films have been doctored (pun intended)...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Mmm you think? Seeing as in some papers they hd images of the nails actually being taken out? Will have to wait and see what happens with this one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Same Old BS Sep 02, 2010
BlackburnRovers wrote:Hate to say it but I too had soem trouble believing it
Thats not to say abuse doesnt go on unopunished in Saudi, but 24 nails ??

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2009 ... 208105.htm
desertdudeshj

I rmember that story - truly horrific! Hiw can anyone do that to a child? Absolutely the most evil people alive.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Same old BS Sep 03, 2010
Dillon wrote:Nails/Needles are made of Carbon Steel or a poor quality Stainless at best and would start to oxidise and decompose upon contact with water, especially after being heated.

Not if the nails were galvanised. Sewing needles are made of stainless alloy and nickel or rhodium plated, so they could also survive the heating process and remain sterile.

Agreed, there is a high chance of infection from the entry wound, but the body takes about 30 days to start to reject stainless steel. Titanium can stay in the body indefinitely and in fact will eventually bond with bone tissue.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat