Burkha Wearer In Go-kart Accident

Topic locked
Re: burkha wearer in go-kart accident Apr 22, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Obviously fast enough to kill someone.

There was a famous ballet dancer, Isadora Duncan, who died when her scarf caught in the spoked wheel of her sportscar when she was driving.

History teaches us nothing?

:? :? :?

Knight

yet again example No.2. For health and safety keep Woman of the roads: D covered up and out of sight in the kitchen/bedroom where they belong

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:

There was a famous ballet dancer, Isadora Duncan, who died when her scarf caught in the spoked wheel of her sportscar when she was driving.

Knight

yet again example No.2. For health and safety keep Woman of the roads: covered up and out of sight in the kitchen/bedroom where they belong
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Knight

yet again example No.2. For health and safety keep Woman of the roads: covered up and out of sight in the kitchen/bedroom where they belong

The Neanderthal lives!!! :alien: Talk about backward thinking!!! :lol: :lol: Sad thing is I'm sure you mean it. :twisted:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: burkha wearer in go-kart accident Apr 24, 2010
Well on the verge of the French government voting whether to ban the burka in public places next week, a woman has been fined for driving in one, with the police officer saying that her field of vision was impaired by the garment. Now she wants to sue the police force over it! Typical.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well on the verge of the French government voting whether to ban the burka in public places next week, a woman has been fined for driving in one, with the police officer saying that her field of vision was impaired by the garment. Now she wants to sue the police force over it! Typical.

Sadly I might have to agree with the police on this particular issue in certain circumstances.

I was witness one night to a scene I think I have described here before - a fully blacked out SUV pulling into an EPPCO near Mirdif one night, lights off, driving incredibly slowly. It by-passed the pumps and literally bumped up the kerb outside the shop and stopped with the bumper resting against the glass!

It just sat there for quite a while until one of the pump attendants asked a local guy to check out the driver. He finally got them to open the door and it turned out to be a local lady with her face completely covered...and wearing sunglasses over the top!!!

Apparently she had driven all the way from Abu Dhabi like this. Totally blacked out windows. At night. No lights. Full face cover. And sunglasses!

Apparently she had taken her brothers car without his permission and had no driving license. She had arranged a secret 'tryst' with a local in Dubai and thought that if she covered up this way, then no-one would be able to see who she was as she had been told there were 'cameras' on the road between Abu Dhabi and Dubai!

OK this is an extreme example, however I have lot count of the number of times I have had to take avoiding action because a covered lady has pulled out or changed lanes without looking, or if she did, without seeing exactly what was coming. On a bike, this can be a little disconcerting. The ladies in question all seemed to be highly surprised when I was able to catch their attention and indicate (by the usual method of pointing two fingers at my eyes!) that they should look.

I will not single out covered ladies in this as it is quite a common occurrence for all drivers. Particularly those in: Nissan Tiida, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Elantra and Honda Accords!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Burkha Wearer In Go-kart Accident Apr 24, 2010
Damn ! That is an extreme example DK. Didn't she realise that yes no one will see her, but she wont see anyone or anything either ! LOOL

Well to be totally honest it is riduclas, stupid and dangerous to be driving or operating anything fully veiled. Although nowadays I hardly seen anyone driving ;like that. Which is a good thing.
desertdudeshj

I've seen women veiled with sun glasses on roll down the window and look out when trying to enter into traffic and it was clear that their vision was still obscured.

I can understand non-Muslim countries not wanting people to fully cover their face, aside from the vision impairment.

When all this started - banning the burka - I had wondered: With regard to passports, are the women fully veiled in the photo? If so, how do they manage to get through immigration when travelling? If not, and they generally are veiled, when presenting the passport, do they remove the veil for ID/photo confirmation?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

No you have to show your entire face in your passport photo, that's why they have to take them aside and have them remove the veil so they can see who exactly is under there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: burkha wearer in go-kart accident Apr 25, 2010
I was amazed in a Saudi mall at how the kids instinctively know which one of the hundreds of veiled and covered identical looking women is their mother!

Is it like penguins at the South Pole?

Knight
Dubai Knight

LOL I often wondered that. How DO they know which woman is there mother?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Burkha Wearer In Go-kart Accident Apr 25, 2010
Must be one of the very few skills those Arabs have, besides pulling credit cards. ;)

Did ya gettttt it? :D
RobbyG

Dubai Knight wrote:I was amazed in a Saudi mall at how the kids instinctively know which one of the hundreds of veiled and covered identical looking women is their mother!

Is it like penguins at the South Pole?

Knight

Identification made by momma's handbag and jewelry.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk