Here We Go Again! Another Drunken Rape Case

Topic locked
Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 19, 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Dubai.html

You know these incidents are going to start to cause real problems, and they will increase because women will be too scared to report their attackers for fear of being jailed themselves.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 19, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267133/British-woman-risks-illegal-love-charge-claiming-raped-Dubai.html

You know these incidents are going to start to cause real problems, and they will increase because women will be too scared to report their attackers for fear of being jailed themselves.

At least this girl did better than the other girl. It doesn’t seem like she was hauled to jail when she reported the rape to the police.

In the absence of witnesses, it also appears that it’s going to be her word against his, unless she had other evidence against him like bruises on her body (from fighting back the attack), or any recordings on her mobile, or statements from her neighbors who might've heard her screams …etc.

We’ll keep any eye on this case to see how it plays out.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

For every article like this , it is 10,000 less people to visit Dubai.
Soon Emirati's will have to do their own laundry
capsicum
BANNED

What other evidence?

You forget the DNA evidence Jonesy. That Saif guy pumped her full, twice remember?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

What evidences, what witnesses, in Dubai they are not relevant, all it takes is the judge to be "convinced" that she mis-behaved to be convicted. In the mean time, her passport will be confiscated , she will have to hire a lawyer and waste all her savings.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

A little off track, but ever wonder why is it that only brits get into such situations and troubles ?
desertdudeshj

You might have a point there. I don't read much about other nationalities. We only see dailymail.co.uk ...
RobbyG

desertdudeshj wrote:A little off track, but ever wonder why is it that only brits get into such situations and troubles ?

My thoughts exactly...

But then again I don't think the reported rapes are the only rapes going round. The point being the Brits if raped will make a hue and cry, and sure enough their media will report. Something do do with liberalization of sexes(don't laugh cos many a sociologist will agree) Unlike many other countries and communities the rape victim herself gets victimized by her community, so they probably prefer to stay silent.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 20, 2010
There are thousands of other cases, people being jailed for the silliest reasons, but the media in the UK is the first to support and report the cases of UK citizens.
I receive hundreds of emails from families of relatives jailed for scandalous reasons.
An Indian or filipina housemaid being raped, then jailed for prostitution is common, and never make it to the media.
A French Lady, 51 years old was raped, and jailed for 1 year for prostitution. Insane!
Have you ever wondered why the UAE do not disclose the numbers of people they detain in prison, anyone on DF has a figure?
ALL democratic countries are transparent about who, how many and why people are incarcerated, the UAE cover it up. In addition, the UAE has secret prisons, I know it first hand, I have been threatened to be thrown out in one of them, deep underground.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

RobbyG wrote:What other evidence?

You forget the DNA evidence Jonesy. That Saif guy pumped her full, twice remember?

Robby,

What did you score on the IQ test, again???

The guy has not denied the se x, but he said she consented to it.

As such, the DNA test is pointless!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
Robby,

8) 8)

138 odd 8) :lol:
RobbyG

desertdudeshj wrote:A little off track, but ever wonder why is it that only brits get into such situations and troubles ?

Not all countries have tabloids like The Sun or The Daily Mail.

Plus the British media, for some reason, have a certain fascination with finding and broadcasting any defamatory news about Dubai!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

RobbyG wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:
Robby,

8) 8)

You must've cheated..... :D :D :D

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:

Plus the British media, for some reason, have a certain fascination with finding and broadcasting any defamatory news about Dubai!!!

8) 8)

You call this defamatory news? If this is reality, I think the UK tabloids have a right (and duty) to research and publish this to the depths of it.

Whats wrong with addressing the issues for nationals abroad? Its a protection in some ways.
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

8) 8)

You call this defamatory news? If this is reality, I think the UK tabloids have a right (and duty) to research and publish this to the depths of it.

Whats wrong with addressing the issues for nationals abroad? Its a protection in some ways.

If you can prove to me that the British media do the same with all countries where Brits reside, I’ll agree with you!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... lands.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttack.html

The tabloid is full of it! Your allegation holds no ground Tommy. They even blast about issues in their own country! ;) :lol:
RobbyG

Tom Jones wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:
Robby,

8) 8)

You must've cheated..... :D :D :D

:lol: :lol:

He did
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Hi DF memebrs. Just dropping by to see how things are in Dubai. I can't beleive that the Dutch loser is not only still around but posting like crazy. What a pathetic soul!!! I can only imagine how sad his real life is. I think Eric "the Midget" is more in touch with reality that this sad human being. (if you don't know who Eric the Midget is, please google it).

I think I have more respect for rudeboy than this loser and that says a lot. At least rudeboy lives in Dubai. :)
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

RobbyG wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267225/British-girl-12-killed-hit-run-family-holiday-Canary-Islands.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttack.html

The tabloid is full of it! Your allegation holds no ground Tommy. They even blast about issues in their own country! ;) :lol:

Tabloid press, only print half the story most of the time, the first Daily Mail Article quotes something from the Sun, need I say more?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

European ladies are aware of their rights and freedoms and expect to be treated equally and fairly as they are in their own countries. They are free to travel here without any long, expensive, visa issues and are often placed on a pedastel by the male population here because they are pale skinned and seen to be liberated in comparison to women from eastern nations.

Many other nationalities live their lives here in fear as any transgression, blameless or not, is immediately pointed back at them and they can lose everything they have worked for.

I know of a case where a Philippina was being continuously and repeatedly raped by her Syrian boss as he held her passport and threatened her with prison and deportation if she reported it. In the end she was directed to a women's counselling and help service. They reported this to the police in confidence and CID set up surveillance cameras in her work place.

The Syrian is now serving a minimum 10 year prison sentence.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

K-Dog wrote:Hi DF memebrs. Just dropping by to see how things are in Dubai. I can't beleive that the Dutch loser is not only still around but posting like crazy. What a pathetic soul!!! I can only imagine how sad his real life is. I think Eric "the Midget" is more in touch with reality that this sad human being. (if you don't know who Eric the Midget is, please google it).

I think I have more respect for rudeboy than this loser and that says a lot. At least rudeboy lives in Dubai. :)

You aint much of a fun figure aren't ya? 8)
RobbyG

when a person says no to s.e.x, its no, period. if it still happens, that is rape.

having said that, what was this "executive" lady doing in the middle of the night out in the nowhere with somebody she just met? what did she think will happen? hold hands and look at the stars? why did she allow herself to be so drunk in the 1st place to not be able to think clearly on what she was doing in a country where if a woman has s.e.x outside marriage she does to jail and if she gets raped she goes to jail same way.

dont take me wrong, rape has no excuse irrespective of the circumstances. as a matter of fact, the more vulnerable the victime, the more pathetic and serious the crime. and if that guy did indeed rape her, i hope he gets in jail with some 100 kg love around to keep him warm.
but in the same time, I wonder what sort of upbringing those girls had, who knock themselves out in bars and leave with strangers.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oh now your stepping on some very sensitive toes here ! You do not mess with a dunkards right to drink no matter what it leads to. You can insult their country, mothers, religon etc etc BUT you DO NOT tell them that drinking is not a good thing.

NO getting sloshed is perfectly alright and anything that ensews due to that isn't there fault at all not even the tiniest bit, always.

Ofcourse rape or anyother crime has no excuse but I can almost be sure that if she was in her senses she wouldn't even look at that chap let alone get in a car with a complete stranger.

Although took her back to her flat seems a bit strange. As always only one side of the story is told here. I wouldn't be half surprised that in her drunken stupour she went ahead with it or too sloshed to even say no or resist and the horny bastard thought she didn't mind.

Anyways. keep your wits about is the lesson of the day.

I know a few stories where dudes just got into the cabs of boozed up women, went back to their place had a goodtime and left never to be heard off again and from what I heard the women didnt mind it all and ennjoyed it, probally regretted it the next morning. Now wheter this qualifies for rape or not I dunno. Just like you don't go wearing all you bling and carrying a big stack of cash into the ghetto in the middle of the night. There are certain precautions one should take.
desertdudeshj

DD brought out a point that I took into consideration. After he "raped" her in the desert he proceeded to drive her to her home, and she let him in???!!! If she was screaming her head off in the desert - where no one could hear her - why didn't she scream her head off when she got out of the car when he proceeded to accompany her to her apartment?? That's a part of the story that confuses me. Which makes me wonder about the rest of her story.

When a woman says NO, NO means NO. But when a woman gets drunk, meets a stranger in a bar, some kind of "flirting" and "teasing" going on between the two of them, she takes his number, she leaves with him, was she so drunk that she couldn't put the thought in her head "I don't know this person"? she basically set herself up for something bad to happen.

Considering all the bad press that Dubai gets about such situations which is widely circulated in the British newspapers, one would think she would not put herself in a situation where it could be a wrong situation. The same stories have been published in local papers. I'm sure that she is aware of a few that have happened in the past. I also wonder where her friends were that could have seen how drunk she was and stopped her from leaving with a stranger.

If what happened did happen, it could have happened in another country. But her story, in my opinion, is questionable.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

she was distressed, violated, what other options had she, to be left alone in the middle of the desert?
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Or simply sloshed out of her mind !
desertdudeshj

You see fooks, if they just legalized alcohol, everything would be just fine.

1. The Arab guy wouldn't be able to find his penis anylonger when he is allowed to drink by law.
2. The girl wouldn't have stepped into the car with a drunk Arab man, since she would simply call a cab.
3. The taxi guy gets responsibility (and labour) for the save journey to her home, without screwing her for an additional buck by admitting her at the police station as being a drunk.

Prohibition never worked! :D
RobbyG

* Cue rest of the drunkards
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:* Cue rest of the drunkards

Did I hear someone call my name?

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Knight
Dubai Knight

gertrude wrote:she was distressed, violated, what other options had she, to be left alone in the middle of the desert?

Yes she claims that she was violated. But between her getting out of the car when HE brought her back home and letting HIM enter her apartment I'm sure she could have fled or screamed. Or was he holding a gun to her head? Gertrude, sometimes women cry "foul".

Her story just doesn't make sense nor did she show any sense by getting in the car with a complete stranger, unless, of course, chatting him up in the bar made them quick friends and she knew all she had to know which allowed her to trust him.

Most people know that if you get caught up in a situation while intoxicated, think twice before reporting it. The police are always going to look closer at the person who was drinking. And that's what is happening in this case. They see a woman who was drunk. There was nothing about the alleged rapist having been drinking. If she told the police the same story that was in the paper, they may just see where it is questionable.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat