Is This A Good Offer ????

Topic locked
Is this a good offer ???? Feb 25, 2006
If any of you with a family were offered this would you be really happy or just averagely pleased? - the job package seems to be :

300k dh per year
3/4 bed house
car with job
school fees paid
return flights for family.

I'm on about $90k tax free now where I am, and get the house and car also, but its expensive to live in terms of food and travelling elsewhere.

Got wife and 2 kids to support so need to know if this would give us a comparable lifestyle to here.

Thanks guys

islander
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 25, 2006
WOW - Can I have your job? That's bloody good!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 25, 2006
Where r u from? Australia??
If you look at the cost of living post below (well below) you'll be able to determine your everyday costs. Good salary.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2006
You may also wish to post your position/industury. For example in my line of work the above stated package would be below average for a family.

Having said that though, i think you can do quite well, 25k/month with expenses covered is a very good wage.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 25, 2006
fayz i knew it .. your a prostitute !!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2006
Depends where your $90k/yr is being earnt and what buying power you're getting now - ie where are you based now?

Fayz makes a good point about the profession and industry you're in. Personally its only so-so for me and I'm single so whether its good for a family depends on what your spending habits are and your savings pattern. I find cost of living to be on par (if not a little higher) than being in Australia - food and neccesaties, and if I were still based in Sg/Indo that offer wouldn't interest me at all.

Are your basics (water, electricity, gas, etc) all covered as well?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2006
MaaaD wrote:fayz i knew it .. your a prostitute !!!

Hahahaha just call me Fayz Biggalo
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 25, 2006
I'm a senior manager and its not Aus I'm from - the salary I earn now is USDollars.

But how expenisive are the extras ontop of the property i.ei gas, water, electricity?

I think its a good offer as with the flights paid etc and school fees really its just living costs left over. I'm really trying to get the offer up to the equivalent of USD $90k which would be about 330kdh and that would definately be enough.

thanks guys - very helpful
islander
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 25, 2006
you still didnt mention the industry.

but ya i think its good enough , especially that you have no regional experience. Give it a year or two in the region and you will probably be able to double it !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2006
Given its USD 'tax free' you would have had some posting elsewhere so realistically you would be the best person to judge whether its 'enough' or not. Like I said before, we can't comment whether your cost of living is going to be less or more unless we know where the other place was, cause its like pin the tail on the donkey atm.

All I can say is, normally as an expat at a management level airfares home are usually covered for both you and your family - but you should of course already know this from your current posting.

School fees are always dependent on where you're being posted, what your company policies are, etc. - again, with the lack of information provided you should know best.

You should also check whether the amenities are covered by the company. If they're paying for the house the amenities are chicken feed in comparison.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
One small consideration too the American School fees are way above any other school here-so do they mean any school of your choice? Just checking!! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum