Update On The British Couple Jailed For Kissing!!!

Topic locked
Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 15, 2010
rudeboy wrote:you want to tell how it really is when you get caught for breaking a law ;)

we are not SCARING people we are just WARNING and EDUCATING people about Dubai/UAE laws.

dont bang the wall you might break the wall 8) I am more worried about the wall 8) :mrgreen:

This is exactly the point, I am afraid that Chocs cannot see the point here and to be honest she never will because everything has to be as she see's it.
I say time and time again; "Their is never a problem until their is a problem" and then, boy are you in trouble.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I say old chap you are using the phrase "I say time and time again" jolly quiet alot these days!!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:I say old chap you are using the phrase "I say time and time again" jolly quiet alot these days!!!

Yes indeed, maybe I have to have a "cut-and-pasted-phrase" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:I say old chap you are using the phrase "I say time and time again" jolly quiet alot these days!!!

Yes indeed, maybe I have to have a "cut-and-pasted-phrase" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use the word 'ignorant' for that. Works marvellously. :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

roberta i suggest you go and hide your head in some hole in the ground, because there is an ash cloud heading your way :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

I heard something about dune fires, but ash clouds?

What vulcano did erupt here lately? ;)
RobbyG

Chocoholic wrote:You miss the point entirely. If the authorities enforced the cohabitation laws - which they don't - then people would not come and work here.

Stop seeing things in black and white, when there are gaping grey areas.

I'm simply stating to you lot who jump up and down and go 'it's against the law, you'll get arrested on the spot' etc etc, to stop scaring people. Because it has never happened, and that's a plain and simple fact.They only ever enforce something, if someone causes trouble or is reported by some saddo with a grudge. And that's it.

My opinion has nothing to do with whether I respect the laws or not, which for the most part I do. But I have lived with boyfriends, stayed over at their places and vice versa - any issues? Never.

Contradictions as usual. First it has never happened, a plain a simple fact as known to you. Then it only happens if there is trouble if reported. Which is it??

So if someone listens to your reasoning and by chance should be the unfortunate couple who get arrested, they can quote you and say that they got their information off a forum??

Unmarried people do live together and stay in hotels together, that is a fact. But they also do so knowing the risk that they take. If you are going to tell people that it's OK then at least add that there is a risk involved. It is not a risk-free situation. People get caught under the most silly circumstances. A couple can be in a car accident and the details that they have to provide to the police could reveal their living arrangement; then there's a problem. I read where a woman called the fire department as she had a fire in her kitchen. It came out that she was living with a man without the benefit of marriage. This fact was not ignored. Not every incident is reported in the Gulf News or the National.

Don't be so sure of yourself because you never got caught bed bouncing over the years that you will never be caught. Never say never Chocs.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh for goodness sake you lot are impossible! It's a simnple fact that you are ok, so long as you don't annoy anyone - what is so hard to understand about that fact.

As I said before, you lot can scaremonger. And I'll tell it how it really is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

That would be true if it were in Europe, but not in the ME luv.

You are lucky if you avoid the punishment as a Westerner, but if you're a muslim, you'd be hard struck.

Lashes, jail and fine anyone? :D
RobbyG

No Robby, the difference is, you lot say 'oh it definately will happen' which is incorrect. And of course there is a dimmer view of muslims, that goes without saying. But there's a difference between explaining ALL the facts and making someone take an informed decision, that you lot going 'oh no don't do it, you'll be in trouble' which is certainly not the case.

Oh shackle me and take me away in chains now, for having shared several villas with housemates of the opposite s.e.x as well.

Get a life people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

i am not saying it will happen for DEFINITELY. I am saying there is a 50 50 chance that you might get caught!!

You havent been caught YET because you have been lucky ;) if you really think you wont get in touble, I suggest you let me know where you will be staying with uf bf, and I would really like to see you get out of the mess :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

^^^I think Esmeralda here knows how the game is played.

He didn't turn gay just for the sake of it. He wanted a freeride of boys into his home. You can't do that with girls in Dubai.

Esméé had an easy choice there. Didn't you , you star-hugger?
RobbyG

Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 16, 2010
RobbyG wrote:
Tom Jones wrote: Only love one of his songs, which is dear to my heart -- called “The Green, Green Grass of Home!!”

8) 8)

One can easily imagine where he got that lyric from! ;)

Yeah..I heard that’s not really his song. I think it was originally a country song. I know that others also sang it, like Joan Baez. But Tom Jones sang it very well and made it famous. I’m not gonna bother searching for that info. I really don't care! :)

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Tom Jones wrote: Only love one of his songs, which is dear to my heart -- called “The Green, Green Grass of Home!!”

8) 8)

One can easily imagine where he got that lyric from! ;)

Yeah..I heard that’s not really his song. I think it was originally a country song. I know that others also sang it, like Joan Baez. But Tom Jones sang it very well and made it famous. I’m not gonna bother searching for that info. I really don't care! :)

8) 8)

Green Green Grass of Home? Gotta be Robbie's signature tune!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Chocoholic wrote:Oh for goodness sake you lot are impossible! It's a simnple fact that you are ok, so long as you don't annoy anyone - what is so hard to understand about that fact.

Everyone in here is saying that it CAN happen, NOT that it will happen, your advice is that it NEVER happens, and that is where you are so wrong in your advice. As usual though you can never be persuaded to admit that you may have made the slightest error.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Chocoholic wrote:I'm simply stating to you lot who jump up and down and go 'it's against the law, you'll get arrested on the spot' etc etc, to stop scaring people. Because it has never happened, and that's a plain and simple fact.

Never? I think there are a number of people who have been arrested, convicted, jailed, and deported who would disagree with you.

Yes, it is against the law. No, you won't necessarily get arrested, but the possibility is still there. Personally I think it's unlikely unless you draw attention to yourself and/or someone makes a complaint.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/living-together-in-dubai.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

bonk wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I'm simply stating to you lot who jump up and down and go 'it's against the law, you'll get arrested on the spot' etc etc, to stop scaring people. Because it has never happened, and that's a plain and simple fact.

Never? I think there are a number of people who have been arrested, convicted, jailed, and deported who would disagree with you.

Yes, it is against the law. No, you won't necessarily get arrested, but the possibility is still there. Personally I think it's unlikely unless you draw attention to yourself and/or someone makes a complaint.

Bonl, that's all I was trying to say is that yes the laws are there, however the chances of anything happening are slim at best, so long as you're not a nuisance. I really don't get what's so hard to understand about that.

And Bora, I am sick to death of you attacking me on the forum for no reason at all. Get a life!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
bonk wrote:

Bonl, that's all I was trying to say is that yes the laws are there, however the chances of anything happening are slim at best, so long as you're not a nuisance. I really don't get what's so hard to understand about that.

And Bora, I am sick to death of you attacking me on the forum for no reason at all. Get a life!

Bora wasn't attacking you Chocs, she merely pointed out and quite rightly so, that a totally unconnected incident like a car crash or fire etc etc could indeed lead to an arrest.
arniegang

Bora wasn't attacking you Chocs, she merely pointed out and quite rightly so, that a totally unconnected incident like a car crash or fire etc etc could indeed lead to an arrest.

Amen
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Chocoholic wrote:And Bora, I am sick to death of you attacking me on the forum for no reason at all. Get a life!

There was no attack, as you call it. When I attack you Chocs, you will know it. I merely corrected you or used your language to make a point. You can't stand when anyone is right, can you?

Based on the posts - by different people - consensus is - YOU ARE WRONG!!! GET IT?!?!?!

You want to tell people to go and do something that has risk - even 1% risk. Are you going to be there to bail them out if something happens based on your "don't worry, be happy" carry on advice?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yeah you do Bora, every bloody time you find something to attack me over. Name calling and branding people 'slags' is not very nice.

You're such a loser.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Oh for goodness sake you lot are impossible! It's a simnple fact that you are ok, so long as you don't annoy anyone - what is so hard to understand about that fact.

Please, do tell oh wise one, filled with all knowledge and deep wisdom. We sit at your feet waiting for your words of truth that will guide us back to Never Neverland to romp with the fairies. :P Sprinkle us with your fairy dust to send us to your world of make believe.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Yeah you do Bora, every bloody time you find something to attack me over. Name calling and branding people 'slags' is not very nice.

You're such a loser.

What would you call someone who is so open about their bed bouncing?? Certainly not someone a guy wants to bring home to meet Mommy and Daddy.

Name calling?? What would you call it when you call someone a loser???? You do know how to make me laugh. :lol: :lol:

Which affliction or afflictions are you dealing with today?? Or is just the usual hangover?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Seriously you have absolutely nothing to do, but spend your time thinking of ways to annoy me. Well I'm going to ignore you from here on in. You just never learn or grow up do you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

C'mon girls....stop it now.

Don't start this all over again!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:

Please, do tell oh wise one, filled with all knowledge and deep wisdom. We sit at your feet waiting for your words of truth that will guide us back to Never Neverland to romp with the fairies. :P Sprinkle us with your fairy dust to send us to your world of make believe.

You're rolling again hon. :lol:
RobbyG

Chocoholic wrote:Seriously you have absolutely nothing to do, but spend your time thinking of ways to annoy me. Well I'm going to ignore you from here on in. You just never learn or grow up do you.

You think I actually sit around thinking of ways to annoy you??? PMSL!!!! Do you think that someone thinks enough of you to think about you when not on DF??

Chocs, the only time you exist to me is on DF. Outside of that - who are you????

Don't you wish you could take your finger out of your nose, hit a key and ban me right now???? :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

DFNN reports that border skirmishes between Bora land and chocville have started again after a peace accord was signed in samosa land after the great war of 09. Currently no casualties have been reported, but there are reports of heavy artillery exchanges between the two.

DF spy satelitte imagery also shows that there is a heavy build of forces on both sides of the border and that the samosa land peace accord could go the way of the dodo very soon.

The current wave of skirmishes started when chocville started showing signs of aggresion towards the banana republic of Melistan and Boraland stepped in and fired a warning volley across the bow one of chocville's frigate in Melistani waters.

:D
desertdudeshj

Water is boiling.
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Water is boiling.

put the kettle on then luv :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot