UAE Court Sentences 17 Indians To Death

Topic locked
UAE court sentences 17 Indians to death Mar 30, 2010
DNA tests indicated involvement in fatal stabbing incident.
via REUTERS

A court in the United Arab Emirates has sentenced 17 Indians to death over the killing of a Pakistani following a dispute involving illegal trade in alcohol, a newspaper reported on Monday. Consumption, possession or trade in alcohol is completely banned in Sharjah.

The Sharia court in Sharjah sentenced the men to death following DNA tests indicating involvement in the fatal stabbing, Khaleej Times reported.

In the UAE, Sharjah is the only emirate where the consumption, possession or trade in alcohol is completely banned.
The sentence is thought to be the largest number of people sentenced to death at one time in the UAE. According to the newspaper, three Pakistanis who survived the attack said that 50 people had assaulted them with knives. Those convicted men are 17-30 years of age

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: UAE court sentences 17 Indians to death Mar 30, 2010
I wonder how they'll be executed....and if it will be done publicly...with festivities.

You know. To deter crime.
event horizon

^ We knew you condone war crimes, but we didn't know you wanted to watch judicial killings as well. :shock:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The sentence seems a little harsh, however it was a pre-meditated gangland murder so understandable. I don't suppose the authorities in Sharjah will take into consideration that it is their prehistoric draconian regulations that have created the situation in the first place?

Normal method of execution in Sharjah is firing squad. it is done in the central jail and is not a public event.

Also interesting to note that the largest corporate account at MMI Dubai...is Sharjah Police.

Lets hope they can still aim straight.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Well don't really have much sympathy for people like that. They have a pack animal mentality and are sub-human. Fear not there's another billion of them out there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Who are you referring to when you say 1 billion ?!
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:Who are you referring to when you say 1 billion ?!

I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Calling an entire nation (a nation which I personally dont like) sub-human is probably among the most racist things I have seen in DF.
And its not right also; I have this feeling the said country's crime/population is much more favorable than people of some other countries in Dubai
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Chocoholic wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:Who are you referring to when you say 1 billion ?!

I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out.

I am sure you are way too smart to quench your desire to say some of the most blatant racist words, or you might be the most ignorant person in the world to say something like that-----It did take great courage to say that---feel sorry for you in deed.
uaer
Dubai Forum User

blooody indians!!! :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

The punishment for premeditated murder in the UAE (and many other countries of the world) is death, so where is the problem, it actually matters not where they came from it is the crime that is being punished.

For the information of Robby (Know everything about UAE) G, it is still possible to consume alcohol in Sharjah Legally, you just have to know where to go.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jo Sage, why are you judging me for sharing some article?

I haven't even given my opinion about this. So I'll give it now.
Death punishment is not what I would support, rather life in prison. In some countries, life in prison is maximum 25 years of jailtime, in other countries it really is for the remainder of your life. Debateable.

I think the punishment is just, albeit from the Middle Ages. But hey, grunt behavior calls for grunt punishment, right? ;)

All good in that context. So Sage, you can part with your prejudice once more. We know you love to bash people who don't live nor talk in your ally.

ps: Yeah I know consuming alcohol is part of your hypocrisy, while you pretend to fully support the laws of the land.
RobbyG

sage & onion wrote:The punishment for premeditated murder in the UAE (and many other countries of the world) is death, so where is the problem, it actually matters not where they came from it is the crime that is being punished.

That explains why 3 people got 1 year in jail for murdering their driver and then burning his body.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

ps: Yeah I know consuming alcohol is part of your hypocrisy, while you pretend to fully support the laws of the land.

Why is it my "hypocrisy"?, I have no problem with people who consume alcohol, just do it legally which is of course possible in the UAE.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

Why is it my "hypocrisy"?, I have no problem with people who consume alcohol, just do it legally which is of course possible in the UAE.

Islam doesn't support it. So when an islamic country does allow it by exemption, it can easily be understood as hypocritical, or as some may call it, progress.

However, real progress comes by rule of law. Not by arbitrage from the Middle Ages. :wink:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:So when an islamic country does allow

Which Islamic country are you refering to ? One currently does not exist on the face of this planet.

A group of men savagely beat up and murdered a man. Capital punishment was the right course of action here. I personally see nothing wrong with it. All the tree huggers and born again vegans ( i.e: Mostly mainland europeans ) can b!tch and moan all they like but this the way it is and should be.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
RobbyG wrote:So when an islamic country does allow

Which Islamic country are you refering to ? One currently does not exist on the face of this planet.

Country, City-state, Emirates Union. Don't ask for the obvious.

A group of men savagely beat up and murdered a man. Capital punishment was the right course of action here. I personally see nothing wrong with it. All the tree huggers and born again vegans ( i.e: Mostly mainland europeans ) can b!tch and moan all they like but this the way it is and should be.

I said in my last post, I agree with the Grunt argument. 8)
RobbyG

I don't actually hear any of the Europeans here bitching about the sentence? Pre-meditated murder, like many other crimes such as child rape, should carry the stiffest penalty a country can provide. The guy who raped and murdered a 5 year old boy in a mosque toilet at Eid is also facing the death penalty and quite rightly too.

It is the underlying cause of the crime that we have issue with. Banning alcohol in Sharjah creates the need for a black market and therefore a criminal element to supply it. If there was no need for demand, there would be no need for the crime. Prohibition in the US during the 1920's created the same needless violence.

I recall the case of an 18 year old boy in Kuwait being given 100 lashes for drinking...aftershave!

Join the 21st century; legalise it, but control it if you wish as they do in Dubai, and the problem goes away.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: UAE court sentences 17 Indians to death Mar 31, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:I don't actually hear any of the Europeans here bitching about the sentence?

At least one resident with objective views. lol

Some DF-ers love b@tching about outsiders who "don't know what they are talking about". :lol:
Its a weakness of them that is easily abused. Great to feed my need for a regular and distant chuckle. :wink:
RobbyG

Just let me get this straight we're saying 50 :? guys got together and premeditated a murder? So they decided they would kill 3 Pakis eh? But 2 manage to escape while one dies????? C'mon are ya kidding me? There's nothing premeditated about this. Were is premeditated why the effin hell would 50 guys take out 3? And even so if it were actually premeditated the other 2 would have no chance of escaping!
To me it sounds like a spur of the moment thing where all hell broke loose, probably the 3 Pakis were blackmailing these guys for bootlegging and consumption, and in a moment of violence the mob lynches the Paki and he dies.
But since we're forced to take the media here at facevalue we shall believe that in this case justice has been dispensed!

Now in no way I'd defend a murderer but it does seem absurd that 17 men would kill one person. Maybe they were all participants, maybe they helped dispose of the body, but to unanimously blame all 17?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:Just let me get this straight we're saying 50 :? guys got together and premeditated a murder? So they decided they would kill 3 Pakis eh? But 2 manage to escape while one dies????? C'mon are ya kidding me? There's nothing premeditated about this. Were is premeditated why the effin hell would 50 guys take out 3? And even so if it were actually premeditated the other 2 would have no chance of escaping!
To me it sounds like a spur of the moment thing where all hell broke loose, probably the 3 Pakis were blackmailing these guys for bootlegging and consumption, and in a moment of violence the mob lynches the Paki and he dies.
But since we're forced to take the media here at facevalue we shall believe that in this case justice has been dispensed!

Now in no way I'd defend a murderer but it does seem absurd that 17 men would kill one person. Maybe they were all participants, maybe they helped dispose of the body, but to unanimously blame all 17?

Its the same as a Koeweiti stealing gasoline in Iraq. The entire Iraqi neighbourhood comes running at him and stones the crap out of him.

Its regular approach there. You can easily say its premeditated since its faith based lunacy. Some call it tradition. :P
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat