This One Is For You, RobbyG!!!!

Topic locked
This one is for you, RobbyG!!!! Mar 05, 2010
http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll ... 29861/1005

1- It's a negative item about Dubai!!
2- It has to do with the marine industry!!!

How exciting!!!!!

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: This one is for you, RobbyG!!!! Mar 05, 2010
Tom Jones wrote:http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100302/BUSINESS/703029861/1005

How exciting!!!!!

8) 8)

Nothing new here, I predicted it, as I explained in my book: in the UAE you cannot just jump in your boat and go, you must fill up an application every time, along other permits depending where you want to go and with whom. And now, after my escape, all boaters must install a tracker on their boat, so that the Coast Guards can track them on the water. And if you want to buy a boat there is also a background check with the police to see if you are not wanted somewhere or have an unpaid bill. How nice. This hassle is definitively going against the development of boating in the region.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

For example, to travel from Dubai to Umm al Qaiwain for a day trip, a yacht owner would have to obtain a permit in Dubai to leave the marina and request permission from Umm al Qaiwain to enter the port there – a process that includes providing copies of passports for everyone on board, Mr Alshaali said.

“This is restricting the growth of the marine and yachting industry,” he said. “This is a spontaneous leisure market and if you take away the ability for spontaneity you kill the market.”

That is not something you should joke about, lol. Those are serious Tourist matters you put up there, Jonesy :D

I wouldn't think of bringing those bureaucratic regulations to policy. I would promote liberty everywhere. Its the UAE authorities that implement them restrictions. I think you need to ask Herve about those regulations. ;)

The government is the bad guy! Not me :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

RobbyG wrote:
For example, to travel from Dubai to Umm al Qaiwain for a day trip, a yacht owner would have to obtain a permit in Dubai to leave the marina and request permission from Umm al Qaiwain to enter the port there – a process that includes providing copies of passports for everyone on board, Mr Alshaali said.

“This is restricting the growth of the marine and yachting industry,” he said. “This is a spontaneous leisure market and if you take away the ability for spontaneity you kill the market.”

That is not something you should joke about, lol. Those are serious Tourist matters you put up there, Jonesy :D

I wouldn't think of bringing those bureaucratic regulations to policy. I would promote liberty everywhere. Its the UAE authorities that implement them restrictions. I think you need to ask Herve about those regulations. ;)

The government is the bad guy! Not me :lol:

It's amazing how nobody seems to realize that things that contribute to these regulations are criminals escaping payment of their debts or prosecution for theft etc.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sage likes to pretend that he does not know it is the other way around: if Dubai is a Police State it is not to catch criminals but to control people. Most of the people Dubai catches or convict are innocent. Dubai is over regulated, yet a hit squad of 26 had a walk in the park and vanished, and Dubai World found out I escaped from their claws 9 months later only because they had been told by a reporter. In the end who is the criminal? Dubai World for stealing $3M from a hotel fund in New York, a Sheikh caught on tape torturing a man, or the expatriate who has been lured to Dubai and blamed in place of the local crooks?
Sage just showed how biased his mind is: nobody contributed to those regulations, they existed BEFORE I (or anybody else) escaped on a boat, they were there to control boaters just in case one had a funny idea.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100302/BUSINESS/703029861/1005

How exciting!!!!!

8) 8)

nice one and so funny mate, made my day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

herve wrote:Sage likes to pretend that he does not know it is the other way around: if Dubai is a Police State it is not to catch criminals but to control people. Most of the people Dubai catches or convict are innocent. Dubai is over regulated, yet a hit squad of 26 had a walk in the park and vanished, and Dubai World found out I escaped from their claws 9 months later only because they had been told by a reporter. In the end who is the criminal? Dubai World for stealing $3M from a hotel fund in New York, a Sheikh caught on tape torturing a man, or the expatriate who has been lured to Dubai and blamed in place of the local crooks?
Sage just showed how biased his mind is: nobody contributed to those regulations, they existed BEFORE I (or anybody else) escaped on a boat, they were there to control boaters just in case one had a funny idea.

This is what made my day. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

...just in case one boater had a funny idea :lol:
RobbyG

arniegang wrote:

How exciting!!!!!

8) 8)

nice one and so funny mate, made my day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear that.......

My pleasure!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

How exciting!!!!!

8) 8)

How dare you TOM JONES :lol:
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat