Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally And Environmentall

Topic locked
Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Nov 30, 2009
Dubai is finally financially bankrupt – but it has been morally bankrupt all along. The idea that Dubai is an oasis of freedom on the Arabian peninsular is one of the great lies of our time. Yes, it has Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts and the Gucci styles, but beneath these accouterments, there is a dictatorship built by slaves.

If you go there with your eyes open – as I did earlier this year – the truth is hidden in plain view. The tour books and the bragging Emiratis will tell you the city was built by Sheikh Mohammed, the country's hereditary ruler.

It is untrue. The people who really built the city can be seen in long chain-gangs by the side of the road, or toiling all day at the top of the tallest buildings in the world, in heat that Westerners are told not to stay in for more than 10 minutes. They were conned into coming, and trapped into staying...

Full article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-ha ... 72795.html

TeddyBear
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Nov 30, 2009
Dubai ships in desalinated water?? That about says it all for his investigative reporting. If I start to comment on his stupidity, I'll have trouble stopping, so I'll just leave it at that.

That paper must have more use than to print trash. Oh, wait, you can use it to line the bottom of a bird cage, or use it to train the puppy to do peepee and poopoo on it. And....errrr.....well that's about it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

It is true, the desalination plant in Jebel Ali, dumps 1,5 billion barrels of salty sludge in the water per year, destroying all marine life. Salinity around is abnormally high, and will go worse as the Persian Gulf is a closed sea.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

This article was written and extensively discussed 7 months ago and should be seen for the basic trash that it is.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:This article was written and extensively discussed 7 months ago and should be seen for the basic trash that it is.

Do you mean that it is not true that the plant is dumping 1,5 billion barrels of sludge in the water, and still today, not 7 months ago, nothing is done to improve the environment, how could they anyways, they are broke....
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Dec 01, 2009
herve wrote:
sage & onion wrote:This article was written and extensively discussed 7 months ago and should be seen for the basic trash that it is.

Do you mean that it is not true that the plant is dumping 1,5 billion barrels of sludge in the water, and still today, not 7 months ago, nothing is done to improve the environment, how could they anyways, they are broke....

Why would anyone listen to what you have to say, because, if we are to believe what you say, you are nothing but an escaped criminal???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Dec 01, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
herve wrote:

Why would anyone listen to what you have to say, because, if we are to believe what you say, you are nothing but an escaped criminal???

What you say does not make any sense....read yourself. Beleive me when I say the Jebel ali plant pollutes the waters in which , the (few) tourists swim.
1st, for what I read here, your credibility on this forum went out the window already, 2nd, noboby beleives in these corrupt court cases in Dubai anymore. My escape was selfdefense, I am a victim, not a criminal. 3rd, a US court of law will sort out this case, and really I wish that day I could see the grim on your face when Dubai World is convicted for the charges I filed agaisnt them.
Already the news and my book say me right, all the way.
I am not an expert in financial issues, but I know Dubai will fail, and investors will get screwed because Dubai is about double standard, what apply to anybody else does not apply to Emiratis. and the news are all about it, Dubai World , cheats, announces on the eve of a weekend, so that all the rats are hiding to avoid the questions, that it cannot pay back its debt and needs 6 months delay, but for everybody else, in the same situation that is prison.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Dec 02, 2009
hahahah good one sage, and lets not forget dubai is bankkrupt cos of people like HERVE who have run away with millions of dollars.

come on herve tell us how much money did you nick? $5 million? Come on you are safe now you might as well tell us how much and how ;). NOt really interested in your book but wouldnt mind knowing how much money you got in your kitty.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:hahahah good one sage, and lets not forget dubai is bankkrupt cos of people like HERVE who have run away with millions of dollars.

come on herve tell us how much money did you nick? $5 million? Come on you are safe now you might as well tell us how much and how ;). NOt really interested in your book but wouldnt mind knowing how much money you got in your kitty.

Glad to see I am not the only one, well said RB.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Eish - you guys really have bought into the Dubai brainwashing! You know those rose tinted glasses will fall of your face and smash one of these days, then, oops how silly will you feel.

There's problems everywhere, but the state and scale of the corruption, double standards etc etc in this place is astounding!

Amd no it's not people like Herve who broke the place, the people who broke it are the ones who bite off more than they could chew, made false promises and squandered other peoples cash.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Eish - you guys really have bought into the Dubai brainwashing! You know those rose tinted glasses will fall of your face and smash one of these days, then, oops how silly will you feel.

There's problems everywhere, but the state and scale of the corruption, double standards etc etc in this place is astounding!

Amd no it's not people like Herve who broke the place, the people who broke it are the ones who bite off more than they could chew, made false promises and squandered other peoples cash.

seriously no1 cares about that, tasty is going on everywhere , not just UAE but UK and USA. life is like that, it screws you hard.

anyway I am more interested in how much herve nicked.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well according to reports it wasn't cash, but Dubai World reported Four Million Dollars worth of equipment was missing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well according to reports it wasn't cash, but Dubai World reported Four Million Dollars worth of equipment was missing.

I believe that is correct, in any case the guy is nothing but a common thief and he was lucky to have escaped dressed as a woman.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Chocoholic wrote:Well according to reports it wasn't cash, but Dubai World reported Four Million Dollars worth of equipment was missing.

4 MILLION DOLLARS DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure he must have sold it off in India or Iran or something :D

I am sure there must have been more like him who ran off with equipment :D or huge amount of money.

4 Million DOLLLARS lol no wonder dubai is going bankrupt.

Then there were some guys in the real estate business, how much did they nick? Does anyone know?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:

I believe that is correct, in any case the guy is nothing but a common thief and he was lucky to have escaped dressed as a woman.

he wore the abaya as an act of self defence :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

he wore the abaya as an act of self defence :D

Thats a nice way to justify it :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Dec 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

A 'so called thief' that delivered private submarines in Dubai, might be a victim of his own succes.

You are so biased Sage. How on earth can you judge Herve and his possible malpractices. You can't!

Look at Herve Jaubert's Adventurer Submarine in Dubai
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

A 'so called thief' that delivered private submarines in Dubai, might be a victim of his own succes.

You are so biased Sage. How on earth can you judge Herve and his possible malpractices. You can't!

It is well known that he had to run because of malpractice, why are you supporting that?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Don't bother Robby, Sage will only ever look at one side of a story, there couldn't possibly be any other explanation!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Every city has problems, Dubai is a bit different in that:

1) Its worshippers refuse to acknowledge any problem whatsoever that Dubai may have...

2) Anytime a valid point against Dubai is raised, people bypass it and try to defame the person bringing up the point

3) People act as sycophants even though they are completely aware of what is going on in reality.

Herve's case is one which illustrates all of the above. No one here knows what went on, but Dubai's sycophants will pretend he was a theif because thats the official line.....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Herve must be damn sure of himself to dare write a book and bring his case to a US Court of law. Runners dont do that, they hide!
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

He just thinks he has escaped justice and that he cannot be extradited back to the UAE.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:He just thinks he has escaped justice and that he cannot be extradited back to the UAE.

The only thing your line above denotes is: blabla bla bla bla...

You need your own propaganda corner mate. I think you should name it: "The Royal(e) Lick of Sage" :lol:
RobbyG

And why not :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sage there is, I believe an extradition treaty is in place with the UK and the UAE, but there were only talks between the US and the UAE, nothing was finalized. Therefore, Herve cannot be extradicted to the UAE if found guilty.

Extradiction also covers specific crimes, and if Herve is found guilty of the charges against him, which I'm not sure what they are other than possibly theft, they would not fall under extradiction.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

sage & onion wrote:And why not :lol:

Fine by me, as long as you are willing to leave the status quo in your forum posts.

Sign here please: ....

I [The Onion] will not promote the status quo in ANY forums other than my own Propaganda Corner named: The Royal(e) Lick of Sage.

If I do maintain the status quo of no transparancy and unfounded indightments, I will be banned from DF, even as a moderator. Plus I owe an apology to Herve Jaubert :lol:

Sign here again please: .....

And your contract is current :mrgreen:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:And why not :lol:

Fine by me, as long as you are willing to leave the status quo in your forum posts.

Sign here please: ....

I [The Onion] will not promote the status quo in ANY forums other than my own Propaganda Corner named: The Royal(e) Lick of Sage.

If I do maintain the status quo of no transparancy and unfounded indightments, I will be banned from DF, even as a moderator. Plus I owe an apology to Herve Jaubert :lol:

Sign here again please: .....

And your contract is current :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:Sage there is, I believe an extradition treaty is in place with the UK and the UAE, but there were only talks between the US and the UAE, nothing was finalized. Therefore, Herve cannot be extradicted to the UAE if found guilty.

Extradiction also covers specific crimes, and if Herve is found guilty of the charges against him, which I'm not sure what they are other than possibly theft, they would not fall under extradiction.

And what if Dubai World is found guilty, will they accept the US court decision?
capsicum
BANNED

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Dec 08, 2009
The guy is guilty, that's why he dressed up as a local woman and fled the country.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai Has Always Been Bankrupt -- Morally and Environmentall Dec 08, 2009
You already said that, and frankly the more people like you say it, the more I think he s not guilty.
You have no credibility Sage.
And speaking of bankrupcy and guilt, Dubai World lost one of its prize New York hotel because they are broke and could not pay back their loan. GUILTY and BROKE!
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... ar2M&pos=4
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat