Car Stolen In Dubai

Topic locked
Car stolen in Dubai Oct 27, 2009
A car was stolen in broad daylight from DSO. The car was of a friend of my workmate... With the latest breakins in Mirdiff and a lot of other unreported crimes, do you think Dubai is not a safe place anymore?

coolpista
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 27, 2009
It's happening more frequently yes. A friend of mine had his Jeep stolen from outside his apartment about a month ago, the police have been absolutely useless, I think they just don't know how to deal with it.

I think it's a sign of the times, financial hardship, being more lax over who you let into the country, people are getting more and more desperate.

Back in the day you could go out and leave everything unlocked, car, house, leave stuff in your car. I wouldn't dare these days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2009
Yes they dont know how to deal with such a situation. They have left this guy in circles and given him no document to claim insurance. I wonder what they do with these cars? The borders are well policed and the expats are already well intimidated by the police... :)
coolpista
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 27, 2009
Exapts intimidated by the police? Hardly, they're a laughing stock, their incompetence in most things is astounding!

Forget it, the cars get ripped apart for parts, resprayed etc they'd be out of the country within 24 hours of being stolen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It's happening more frequently yes. A friend of mine had his Jeep stolen from outside his apartment about a month ago, the police have been absolutely useless, I think they just don't know how to deal with it.

I think it's a sign of the times, financial hardship, being more lax over who you let into the country, people are getting more and more desperate.

Back in the day you could go out and leave everything unlocked, car, house, leave stuff in your car. I wouldn't dare these days.

lol chocs and her friends :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 27, 2009
Yeah annnnnd I happen to know alot of people in alot of places, therefore bound to have people experiencing all of these things.

Just cause you're Billy no-mates!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah annnnnd I happen to know alot of people in alot of places, therefore bound to have people experiencing all of these things.

i just find it funny, that ANYTHING bad happens in Dubai it either happens to u or your mates thats all.

oh yeh i got mates but for some reason nothing bad happens to them :D
i guess they aint ur mates are they now ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah annnnnd I happen to know alot of people in alot of places, therefore bound to have people experiencing all of these things.

i just find it funny, that ANYTHING bad happens in Dubai it either happens to u or your mates thats all.

oh yeh i got mates but for some reason nothing bad happens to them :D
i guess they aint ur mates are they now ;)

:wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 28, 2009
She’s all about urban legends and much to do about nothing scandals, this one.

The type of girl who knows everything and used to start of her conversations till her adolescence with “My friend has a friend who had a friend who had another friend whose Jeep got stolen”
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 28, 2009
Nope. Simply when you've been in this place so long you end up knowing alot of people, so it stands to reason that many of them would have these experiences.

Annnnywwaaaaaay, back ON TOPIC, as I said before the chances of the vehicle still being in the country are tiny, it'll be long gone by now, that and the police are useless.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Car stolen in Dubai Oct 29, 2009
coolpista wrote:A car was stolen in broad daylight from DSO. The car was of a friend of my workmate... With the latest breakins in Mirdiff and a lot of other unreported crimes, do you think Dubai is not a safe place anymore?

Apply the usual precautions !

Don't park on dark, deserted streets.

Install a car alarm if your car doesn't have it.

Place a steering wheel lock if you park in risky areas!

I guess for some of us who live and work in secure areas, we forget that there is a car theft problem in Dubai!

But it is not, nontheless, an uncommon occurrence!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
Thats scary..
Adil_88
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 29, 2009
Tom, that's all very well and good, but in the case I know of the vehicle was taken in broad daylight, right out the front of an apartment building on the side of Sheikh Zayed road!

If someone really wants something, then they'll take it, no matter what precautions you put in place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2009
Did they leave a note on the dash so the thief knows when the payments are due? ROFL
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2009
canuckbid wrote:Did they leave a note on the dash so the thief knows when the payments are due? ROFL

Well considering it was a relatively old Jeep we've no idea why someone would steal it in the first place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2009
Ahh well there is alot of jeep lovers Choco. According to "Blue book" they have the best reseller value.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Nope. Simply when you've been in this place so long you end up knowing alot of people, so it stands to reason that many of them would have these experiences.

Annnnywwaaaaaay, back ON TOPIC, as I said before the chances of the vehicle still being in the country are tiny, it'll be long gone by now, that and the police are useless.

sounds like you know the whole of dubai :D anywaaay back to the topic :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2009
Pretty much!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2009
and nothing good happens to them???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2009
Of course, but as I said before if you know lots of people in virtually every industry then it stands to reason that you'd hear of people who have had these experiences.

Anyway I don't know why you're so obsessed with wondering about the amount of people I know.

It's about learning from peoples experiences and nothing more.

But the fact is that crime as a whole is growing in this country, although touch wood, I DON'T know anyone who's had their home broken into.

But why someone would go and steal a car is beyond me, when you could pick up an abandoned one for much less hassle! :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2009
when a person gets desperate he/she will do anything even kill someone for money. So under UAEs "RICH" shell there are plenty of poor people. We dont get to see them but they are there alright.

I am not obsessed with how many friends you got. I am just curious why you "REPORT" the bad things that happen to you or your friends.

Why dont you mention the good things, like how a Sheikh gave you way on the road :D or how one of your brit friends didnt loose his top when someone cut him off on the road :D or how one of your friends felt so GAY when they saw people take care of their dogs and cats :D or how one of the policemen didnt give a fine to one of your airhostess friends who works for Emirates :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2009
Because most of these threads are about negative things that happen. If a good topic comes along then of course, I can contribute to those too.

But yes you're right as the divide between those with money and those without becomes greater, then yes people do become desperate. It's stands to reason if you put temptation in front of someone who has nothing, of course if they think they can get away with it then they will.

On the flipside however, I find it sad when normally law abiding people, who wouldn't dream of ever doing anything wrong, are forced to do so because of the circumstances they've found themselves in. It's happening more and more often.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2009
well i got to agree with you DubaiForums is nothing but a negative "marketting" of dubai.

As for life its a bit like a mans banana :D when it gets hard it F*&@s you :D

thats the way life is and there is nothing you can do.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2009
rudeboy wrote:or how one of the policemen didnt give a fine to one of your airhostess friends who works for Emirates

Wow :shock:. I didn't know that. Do you think airhostesses know they can get fined for working for Emirates?

Or is it just that Emirates airhostesses aren't allowed to be friends with forum members?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 29, 2009
bonk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:or how one of the policemen didnt give a fine to one of your airhostess friends who works for Emirates

Wow :shock:. I didn't know that. Do you think airhostesses know they can get fined for working for Emirates?

Or is it just that Emirates airhostesses aren't allowed to be friends with forum members?

Has anyone got a smelly fish to spank on Bonks *** :D seriously Bonk what are you on about :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2009
Well now here's an update, my mate said the police didn't want to know, refused to believe it had been stolen and refused to take a statement from him for 24 hours, saying he probably left it somewhere or lent it to a friend - WTF!!!!

Anyway the Jeep has been spotted in Dubai driving along Al Khail road a couple of times. Now if the polcie seem to not want to do anything and one of us spots it, say in a petrol station, do we block it in, confront the person driving it and call the cops? No idea!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well now here's an update, my mate said the police didn't want to know, refused to believe it had been stolen and refused to take a statement from him for 24 hours, saying he probably left it somewhere or lent it to a friend - WTF!!!!

Anyway the Jeep has been spotted in Dubai driving along Al Khail road a couple of times. Now if the polcie seem to not want to do anything and one of us spots it, say in a petrol station, do we block it in, confront the person driving it and call the cops? No idea!

Dont know what situation is in Dubai but according to the law in Abu dhabi you can make a citizens arrest. I wouldn't be brave enough to be the test case tho.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well now here's an update, my mate said the police didn't want to know, refused to believe it had been stolen and refused to take a statement from him for 24 hours, saying he probably left it somewhere or lent it to a friend - WTF!!!!

well how sure are you that its yours? I mean if its yours then the guy who is driving is probably some big shot. If thats the case forget it, pack your bags and move to Abu Dhabi :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2009
citizens arrest :lol: :lol:

you aint livin in a democracy baby ,,, this here is a dictatorship ... things like dont exist in reality.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 30, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

well how sure are you that its yours? I mean if its yours then the guy who is driving is probably some big shot. If thats the case forget it, pack your bags and move to Abu Dhabi :D

erm because the idiot is still driving it around with the same number plate on it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat