What "old Guard"?

Topic locked
What "old guard"? Oct 04, 2009
Ok, I've read more than a few post refering to the "old guard". But It appears that the so-called-all guard is no more than chocs and sage.

I thought it meantthose here longest and perhaps with the highest number of posts (would make sense).

But here is the list of the top 15 (by number of posts).

1. Sage and Onion
2. Chocoholic
3. Arniegang
4. ^Ian^
5. Bushra21
6. Liban
7. Speedbump
8. Kanelly
9. Jeevan
10. Concord
11. Sniper420
12. RobbyG
13. DubaiKnight
14. Maad
15. Bleakus.

Except for Sage and Chocoholic (and one post by Arniegang) I have not seen a single post by any of the above listed 15 posters.

So I concluded that this so-called "old guard" is nothing more than 2 people on this forum.

Were all those people banned too :shock:

Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2009
:D
Tell me have do you have any experience working for cheaters?
Were you an investigator on those shows? :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote::D
Tell me have do you have any experience working for cheaters?
Were you an investigator on those shows? :lol:

run that by me again. In english please!
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2009
I see ur not familiar with the show Cheaters?

Anyways I thought with ur inqusitive and intrusive leanings, you'd be a good candidate for investigator on one of those shows.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2009
And as you have been told before, many of them will swing by to check in, but not neccessarily post anything.

That list is pretty much correct and most of the people on that list know each other personally. Also included would be Shafique, Scarlet and Jamal.

Robby and SH are definately not 'old guard'. Not been around long enough. As it's not number of posts, but how long you've been on the forum.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: What "old guard"? Oct 04, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:Ok, I've read more than a few post refering to the "old guard". But It appears that the so-called-all guard is no more than chocs and sage.

I thought it meantthose here longest and perhaps with the highest number of posts (would make sense).

But here is the list of the top 15 (by number of posts).

1. Sage and Onion
2. Chocoholic
3. Arniegang
4. ^Ian^
5. Bushra21
6. Liban
7. Speedbump
8. Kanelly
9. Jeevan
10. Concord
11. Sniper420
12. RobbyG
13. DubaiKnight
14. Maad
15. Bleakus.

Except for Sage and Chocoholic (and one post by Arniegang) I have not seen a single post by any of the above listed 15 posters.

So I concluded that this so-called "old guard" is nothing more than 2 people on this forum.

Were all those people banned too :shock:

And your point is????????????????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 05, 2009
maybe some of the old guard are sick of reading the crap being posted in here.

And hey even we used to post the same crap too, its just a case of been there, done it got the t-shirt.

And life moves on you know, and for the record, most of the old guard actually are "real friends" having met through this very forum.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 05, 2009
arniegang wrote:maybe some of the old guard are sick of reading the crap being posted in here.

And hey even we used to post the same crap too, its just a case of been there, done it got the t-shirt.

And life moves on you know, and for the record, most of the old guard actually are "real friends" having met through this very forum.

If I can second Arnie's comment. I stopped posting here ages ago, but check in. When you see some of the mindless drivel posted, you just don't bother. I would not consider myself "old guard", but I can say that some of the best friends I have met in Dubai I have met through this forum. If it were not for some of the folks I met here, Dubai would have been a crapola place to land!

I can say that off the list posted I am in touch with about half the people listed. It is not quantity of posts, but quality. Let's not forget, sometimes the forum does not represent people's REAL personality. Look at me, a couple hundred posts, that's it. I never got mixed up in the politicking though. i left that to the "old guard".

It was kinda cool to find out that Sage and I were neighbours, (and came to my birthday last year dressed up all snazzy-like). Concord is, indeed as dynamic as his posts (and recently saved my sanity with a penstroke). ^Ian^ was the first person to "welcome" me to Dubai, as I found out we worked on the same block 2 years ago. And Chocs is good for a guest list or two! Bushra is a pretty down-to-earth person and great for a F2F chat. Arnie and I have corresponded via email for ages, but never met. I blame him for me moving here! (lol)

A wise man once said that forums are dynamic. People come and people go. The vast majority just take the info they need and do not contribute. Most have less than 10 posts then are never heard from again.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Oct 05, 2009
curious...

What/who the heck is "old guard"? Why am I seeing this name so much lately?
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 05, 2009
dubaidog wrote:
arniegang wrote:maybe some of the old guard are sick of reading the crap being posted in here.

If I can second Arnie's comment. I stopped posting here ages ago, but check in. When you see some of the mindless drivel posted, you just don't bother. I would not consider myself "old guard", but I can say that some of the best friends I have met in Dubai I have met through this forum. If it were not for some of the folks I met here, Dubai would have been a crapola place to land!

I can say that off the list posted I am in touch with about half the people listed. It is not quantity of posts, but quality. Let's not forget, sometimes the forum does not represent people's REAL personality. Look at me, a couple hundred posts, that's it. I never got mixed up in the politicking though. i left that to the "old guard".

It was kinda cool to find out that Sage and I were neighbours, (and came to my birthday last year dressed up all snazzy-like). Concord is, indeed as dynamic as his posts (and recently saved my sanity with a penstroke). ^Ian^ was the first person to "welcome" me to Dubai, as I found out we worked on the same block 2 years ago. And Chocs is good for a guest list or two! Bushra is a pretty down-to-earth person and great for a F2F chat. Arnie and I have corresponded via email for ages, but never met. I blame him for me moving here! (lol)

A wise man once said that forums are dynamic. People come and people go. The vast majority just take the info they need and do not contribute. Most have less than 10 posts then are never heard from again.

:wink:

Respect & nice one geezer 8)

and a big thank you

love

The Old Guard
arniegang

Oct 05, 2009
"geezer"

You are so Brit! FYI...I just emailed in sick in case you are wondering why I am up this late! Not like Sagey, up before the birds.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Oct 05, 2009
dubaidog wrote:"geezer"

You are so Brit! FYI...I just emailed in sick in case you are wondering why I am up this late! Not like Sagey, up before the birds.

Up this late !!!

or could it be "up this early and eager beaver to get to worky" ?

mmmmmmmmmmm me thinks the jury is out on this one :lol:
arniegang

Oct 05, 2009
Trust me, no jury needed! Chatting to an "old guard" on MSN actually is why I am still here!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Oct 05, 2009
dubaidog wrote:Trust me, no jury needed! Chatting to an "old guard" on MSN actually is why I am still here!

you naughty Dubai dog you :lol:
arniegang

Oct 05, 2009
dubaidog wrote:"geezer"

And I chose this morning to sleep in, hey DD long time :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 05, 2009
Wow you don't hear from DD in like forever, then hey presto, a multitude of posts.

How are ya fella?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2009
"Old Guard" sounds like a bunch of old warriors wearing the Gladiators dress, swords drawn, forming a defensive circle, with thier shields over thier heads to protect against the poisoned arrows raining down on them.....a sort of last stand, before being cut to pieces..
zonker
BANNED

Oct 05, 2009
zonker wrote:"Old Guard" sounds like a bunch of old warriors wearing the Gladiators dress, swords drawn, forming a defensive circle, with thier shields over thier heads to protect against the poisoned arrows raining down on them.....a sort of last stand, before being cut to pieces..

That's what friends are for :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:And as you have been told before, many of them will swing by to check in, but not neccessarily post anything.

That list is pretty much correct and most of the people on that list know each other personally. Also included would be Shafique, Scarlet and Jamal.

Robby and SH are definately not 'old guard'. Not been around long enough. As it's not number of posts, but how long you've been on the forum.

Stil missing a few off that list asc_26, fresa, fayz, zam, alexandra, easternjewel, Nick81, raidah, dbxsoul and I :wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 05, 2009
erm Freza? Are you kidding me! Now there was a troll if ever there was one!

No, the 'Old Guard' all know each other personally.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2009
Galactico wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:And as you have been told before, many of them will swing by to check in, but not neccessarily post anything.

Stil missing a few off that list asc_26, fresa, fayz, zam, alexandra, easternjewel, Nick81, raidah, dbxsoul and I :wink:

So Galactico, between us men, who were the hottest chics from that lot?
And does Chocs really resemble her avataar? :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm Freza? Are you kidding me! Now there was a troll if ever there was one!

No, the 'Old Guard' all know each other personally.

And who said she does not trust me on this...
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 05, 2009
He wouldn't know. Never met me! :roll:

Actually Mlika remidns me of Freza, in that kind of volatile manner. Maybe it is Freza reincarnated!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat