Body Found In Jumeirah Hotel.

Topic locked
Sep 21, 2009
dresden wrote:NYC is a great place to be if you are from out of town. Next week I'm heading down to visit my cousin who has a pad in Manhattan, on the rim of central park. Should be cool.

If you are a resident of NYC, you will soon realize that the true place to be is actually 'upstate' NY. Although, it's a pretty tight knit community... sometime's money isn't enough :)

Hey where u been boy? Think you can just flounce in here in your frilly nightie, make a few posts and then ballerina off again????

We're here puttin' in the hours and the posts man, come back to us :D

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I'm not from upstate Dres, but from Brooklyn. You are going at a really nice time of year. Enjoy!!

Both of the women in my NY office are from there too. I call them my Brooklyn Babes, which they love. Both in their fiftes, but sexy as hell with that accent and they don't bullcrap either, they shoot straight pool. Now, who does that sound like..babe??? :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Lets stop all the arguments and check out the following;

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs/hosb601.pdf

Sorry BB, but the stats are rather awful.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2009
There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics! :)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 21, 2009
wishmaster wrote:
Ballbraker wrote:I bet each of you ^^^ would love to live in New York but cant get a work visa. I would and make no apologies for it.

New York also has 11 million people so per capita it is law crime.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don’t wanna live anywhere else then Dubai

You do. And you know it.
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Lets stop all the arguments and check out the following;

Hey Osama-Lover got anything more current? The stats are from 1999!
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009
Very scary to hear this!
LockerzManager
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 21, 2009

Sorry, S&O, that was 1999. If you go on current stats, the population of England was 61,634,599 vs. US 307,434,000 as of Jan 2009, so yes, the number of crimes in the US would be higher. The US probably out-populated every country on the '99 survey. The exceptions would be those countries where there is little law and order and are a bit barbaric.

Why is there less crime in the UAE? The Jan 2009 survey shows a population of 4,599,000 for the entire UAE.

What would you think the crime rate would be on the Pitcaim Islands with a population of 50? :wink: (Packing my bags as we speak!)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Sorry, S&O, that was 1999. If you go on current stats, the population of England was 61,634,599 vs. US 307,434,000 as of Jan 2009, so yes, the number of crimes in the US would be higher. The US probably out-populated every country on the '99 survey. The exceptions would be those countries where there is little law and order and are a bit barbaric.

Why is there less crime in the UAE? The Jan 2009 survey shows a population of 4,599,000 for the entire UAE.

What would you think the crime rate would be on the Pitcaim Islands with a population of 50? :wink: (Packing my bags as we speak!)

The other thing to consider is that USA cities actually report crime - and happy free press to hold them accountable. The UAE and many others :roll:
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I'm not from upstate Dres, but from Brooklyn. You are going at a really nice time of year. Enjoy!!

Both of the women in my NY office are from there too. I call them my Brooklyn Babes, which they love. Both in their fiftes, but sexy as hell with that accent and they don't bullcrap either, they shoot straight pool. Now, who does that sound like..babe??? :D

Flattery will get you everywhere. You are a bit off on the age hon, you know that I'm 75, but that's OK.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:What would you think the crime rate would be on the Pitcaim Islands with a population of 50? :wink: (Packing my bags as we speak!)

You Googled a REALLY bad choice there hun, I guess you never caught this news a few years back:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3705988.stm
Rape a 'way of life' on Pitcairn

Young girls on the tiny UK colony of Pitcairn were treated as sexual playthings and rape was a way of life on the island, a court has been told.

...The abuse charges stem from 1999 when an islander told a visiting British policewoman she had been sexually abused.

+++

Some of the victims had bottled up the abuse for 40 years, disclosing it only when a British policewoman was visiting the island in 1999 or 2000.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Some of the victims had bottled up the abuse for 40 years, disclosing it only when a British policewoman was visiting the island in 1999 or 2000.

Sounds like the proverb.
8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

You have to look at the "Per-capita" figures to get the proper idea.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Some of the victims had bottled up the abuse for 40 years, disclosing it only when a British policewoman was visiting the island in 1999 or 2000.

Sounds like the proverb.
8)

I don't know which one. Certainly not 'least said, soonest mended'.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!

erm, if you google England, United Kingdom pops up. Could they be one in the same?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Arabic one.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:What would you think the crime rate would be on the Pitcaim Islands with a population of 50? :wink: (Packing my bags as we speak!)

You Googled a REALLY bad choice there hun, I guess you never caught this news a few years back:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3705988.stm
Rape a 'way of life' on Pitcairn

Young girls on the tiny UK colony of Pitcairn were treated as sexual playthings and rape was a way of life on the island, a court has been told.

...The abuse charges stem from 1999 when an islander told a visiting British policewoman she had been sexually abused.

+++

Some of the victims had bottled up the abuse for 40 years, disclosing it only when a British policewoman was visiting the island in 1999 or 2000.

Still there's less crime there compared to other countries. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Arabic one.

Not what could you be referring to?? :wink: Or should I say who?? :lol: Still can't resist bringing me into your mix can you? :P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Double Post:P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:Arabic one.

Not what could you be referring to?? :wink: Or should I say who?? :lol: Still can't resist bringing me into your mix can you? :P

No-no, of course not. I thought that Speedy had brought. It looks as dubious as post about Brooklyn babes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm I think you'll find that's the population of the UK not England!

erm, if you google England, United Kingdom pops up. Could they be one in the same?

Er no the United Kingdom is made up of 4 countries BB, that would be England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, did you never do geography at school! You couldn't physically fit 61 million people in England!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 21, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Er no the United Kingdom is made up of 4 countries BB, that would be England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, did you never do geography at school! You couldn't physically fit 61 million people in England!

I can't get u-tube here, but I think this video says it all;

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=yfp-t ... ns%20video
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2009
Seen it before mate. Yeah she keeps harping on about others taking swipes at Yanks but she's not really helping the cause by making daft comments like that. Oh Iraq is Australia is it? Righto :roll:

In the meantie I'm off to hang out with 3 American mates who actually know what's what in the world!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 21, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Seen it before mate. Yeah she keeps harping on about others taking swipes at Yanks but she's not really helping the cause by making daft comments like that. Oh Iraq is Australia is it? Righto :roll:

In the meantie I'm off to hang out with 3 American mates who actually know what's what in the world!

Have a good one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Yes, Sage, we have seen that before. And for you to take an edited video and paint all Americans as being what is shown, I am surprised at you, of all people. Did you borrow Chocs brush to do that?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Yes, Sage, we have seen that before. And for you to take an edited video and paint all Americans as being what is shown, I am surprised at you, of all people. Did you borrow Chocs brush to do that?

Hahaha, your funny really, no I posted that because a lot of it is actually correct, as well as the fact that this is once again getting serious when it doesn't have to. Lets face facts, you know as well as I do that the crime stats in Us are some of the highest in the world.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Seen it before mate. Yeah she keeps harping on about others taking swipes at Yanks but she's not really helping the cause by making daft comments like that. Oh Iraq is Australia is it? Righto :roll:

I apologize for the error. The population of England is about 51 million, which really doesn't make such a big difference now, does it?

I don't harp on others about taking swipes, I direct it to you. And I do believe that you made another one above. And how did I take a swipe at England/UK? Looking to stir something up?

It would be pointless if people pointed out every time you where were wrong or made a mistake Chocs, because we all know how knowledgeable you and incapable of making mistakes and, you are and definitely too big to admit to an error or mistake. But that's how small people react to making errors or mistakes. It must be difficult for you being perfect and all knowing.

By the way, is it true that you were born in Saudi Arabia and grew up there?

But it still doesn't change the facts now does it since it was about crime.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Hahaha, your funny really, no I posted that because a lot of it is actually correct, as well as the fact that this is once again getting serious when it doesn't have to. Lets face facts, you know as well as I do that the crime stats in Us are some of the highest in the world.

You take a handful of idiots and make a judgement? I'm sure you can find the same kind of idiots everywhere in the world - even in England. I'm not denying that crime stats are high in certain states, but that is not representative of all states. Anyway, the area in question was New York City, New York - and I still love it!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
Another rerun of boring show " Great British and Dumb American". Is there any connection with Dubai? Jumeirah, probably?

I just wonder why someone hasn't shown its beatiful middle finger in direction of the Land of Arrogance yet.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat