Jobs 4 Locals

Topic locked
jobs 4 locals Feb 11, 2006
Hi evey1;

can some1 help us get a job in dubai, even a refreence, we're a minorty in our own country, most of the bank jobs and middle retail jobs are occupied by other nationalities, westreans n expats.

i'm a hard worker with an advanced marketing diploma from a repuiatble college. :D

but when ever we go 2 apply 4 job, they say no oppening now, but they're good at postin jobs online 4 others. :twisted: :evil:

is there a good bank in dubai that cares about minorities n give them some rights.

help me out, confused n lost :roll:

AD__REP
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 11, 2006
I find this so sad that a local cannot get a job....

I dunno why they gives jobs away like candy to expats from Europe and not Emaratis.

Dude, PM me your CV. Ana bshouf keef sa3dak.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 12, 2006
Well for a kick off, if you have something as good as a marketing diploma, why on earth do you want to work in a bank or a shop? The qualification you have is not relevent to the jobs you're applying for, that's your first problem. You need to think along the lines of the qualifications you actually have, but the problem in the areas you'd look at is they're hot on people having experience, which I know is a catch 22, to get the job you need experience, but how can you get experience when you can't get a job? Been there, done that, it's very hard.

You need to look at positions relevent to your studies, media marketing, hotels, hospitality, ad agencies etc etc.

Don't go for jobs the jobs you have been applying for, the employer will take one look at your cv and diploma, think not relevent and bin it. It has nothing to do with you being a national or not, with so many companies going for emiratisation there are plenty of opportunities, but you have to be prepared to work hard and find something relevent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 12, 2006
The company I work for is currently looking to hire junior PR officers - Emiratis preferred, as part of our localization strategy. Its not as cushy as a bank job (means u have to work for your keep) but its a start and gets you recognized experience from an O&G MNC. PM me with your contact details.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 13, 2006
See - perfect!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum