Proteines

Topic locked
proteines Aug 28, 2009
any advice on how to use them without getting constipated?

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 28, 2009
Used protein powder bout a year back. Never had constipation problems, but had the most painful stomach cramps.

The nutritionist advsed me to increase my fibre intake and drink lots of water.
Fibre was dry fruits every morning with rasins + bran cereal or anyother fibre rich cereal.

The water intake in my opinion is crucial here. I'd experiance the most severe stomach cramps after partyin cuz the water intake was low. So adequate water consumption was imperative. I would always walk around with a 1 lt bottle of water. Since I'd play football and do triathlons(never completed one though) I'd also consume electrolyte like gatorade to mantain hydration.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2009
Hey Raidah, want to lose weight or tone up after your holiday? :)

MCL - the most honest - didn't need to tell us he never completed a triathlon yet but just threw it in. Good for you mate, a man to trust, and keep entering! ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2009
no need to lose, im 50-52 kg. and probably no need for proteine either. after only 3 weeks, the muscles are showing and getting hard like a rock - have taken proteine only in the last 4 days.

was curious though what one needs to do not to have "side effects"
raidah

Aug 29, 2009
Wow, that's some bod u got there honey! :D :rr:

Don't over do it though......

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2009
raidah wrote:no need to lose, im 50-52 kg. and probably no need for proteine either. after only 3 weeks, the muscles are showing and getting hard like a rock - have taken proteine only in the last 4 days.

was curious though what one needs to do not to have "side effects"

Hot 'n sexy mamma, you little Raidah :D

No need for proteins hon. Only if you want exhuberant muscles. Keep the soft layer will ya ;)

I used Supermass 3000 when I was 18 years young, it boosted my weight at first during training, which was transformed to muscle later on. I stopped with the supplements after little more than a year as I read about possible side-effects. Not sure what is true of that today. Just wanted to be safe.

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 29, 2009
Yeah don't lose weight 50 - 52 kgs is nothing, you'll blow away :lol:

I used to hate protein shakes they always gave me super headaches, stomach aches and didn't agree with me in the slightest. I used to do it the old fashioned way through diet, with lots of lean meats, chicken, turkey, eggs etc etc. Or as I put it, the yummy way to get your protein intake.

But bear in mind the body can only digest so much protein, so don't over do it.

Good luck Raidah. Are you training for anything in particular?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah don't lose weight 50 - 52 kgs is nothing, you'll blow away :lol:

I used to hate protein shakes they always gave me super headaches, stomach aches and didn't agree with me in the slightest. I used to do it the old fashioned way through diet, with lots of lean meats, chicken, turkey, eggs etc etc. Or as I put it, the yummy way to get your protein intake.

But bear in mind the body can only digest so much protein, so don't over do it.

Good luck Raidah. Are you training for anything in particular?
nothing in particular. Just want my old shape back.
raidah

Aug 29, 2009
I hear you on that one! I used to be around 52 kgs, now running at 61 and it's killing me. My problem is I hate the gym with a passion, it bores me to death, so I have to find other things to do instead.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 29, 2009
Speedhump wrote:MCL - the most honest - didn't need to tell us he never completed a triathlon yet but just threw it in. Good for you mate, a man to trust, and keep entering! ;)

Heey, Thanks for the kind words. :D You've made ma day!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2009
Any multi-discipline event is damn hard work. Keep going for it MCL, you'll get there :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Any multi-discipline event is damn hard work. Keep going for it MCL, you'll get there :D

Hard work yea, but loads of fun. Thanks for the cheer :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2009
Yes it is lots of run. Back in the day I used to run, ride, swim and shoot. Can't do it anymore though.

There are quite a few people here that do Triathlon, so go for it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 31, 2009
use 100 precent whey protein if you dont want fat.Dymatize iso 100 is very good quality.Drink with wather after training for fast apsorbion....
zyngapoker
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 07, 2009
If you're training hard shoot for 1 - 1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight. I usually have 50g of whey in the morning followed by 50g protein + 50g sugar right after my workout. The rest should come from solid foods.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat