Securing Police Clearance With Absconding Case

Topic locked
Securing Police Clearance with Absconding Case Oct 19, 2008
Hi guys. I am a newbie here. I am hoping that any of you can help me on this question.

I have worked in the UAE from 2005 to 2006. I have sent my resignation letter when I was back in my home country. As a result, I was reported to be absconding from the job.

Currently, I plan to secure a police clearance from Dubai's Police Dept. However, I am worried that I may not get any clearance because of my absconding case.

Can you advice me on this?

TIA

goldencoil
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 22, 2008
Did your employer file a real "case" against you? I would imagine the most thing they can do is to cancel your residence visa with a 6 months ban. And I think that was long enough to be forgotten.

I dunno why and how u gonna use that police clearance, but if it was for immigration they would be more interested in your criminal record. And what u did is not a crime as far as I know...

Cheer up :)
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2009
@goldencoil, were you able to get that clearance letter from the Police Department?

regards.
seeker2063010
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 25, 2009
Yeah, it does not serve any purpose for your employer to go to the hassle of filing an absconding case against you once he already knows your gone.

Unless he had a grudge against you or something
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 25, 2009
What you guys have said is all true, however in light of the fact he sent hi resignation letter from elsewhere, I am assuming that he never returned to the UAE to cancel out his visa, therefore willb e facing one huge fine for that! Even if it expires, it still has to be cancelled out by immigration and that means giving them your passport to do so.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat