Please Shoot Me In The Head!

Topic locked
Please shoot me in the head! Aug 12, 2009
Jordanian fatwa bans pre-marital virginity check

A religious Jordanian council has issued a fatwa banning male suitors from demanding virginity checks on girls who they planning to marry, media reports said Monday.

The Jordanian Council of Iftaa, the body in charge of issuing contemporary religious edicts, issued its ban to curb the growing trend of suitors asking for what is commonly known as the "hymen-check" because they suspect their brides-to-be.

At least 1,000 virginity tests are requested every year, Dr. Moemen al-Hadidi, chairman of the National Forensic Center (NFC), told Al Arabiya, adding "this is not a big number when compared to other countries in the world."

Before the ban, every man had the right to file a request that his future wife be examined to make sure she is a virgin.

The fatwa now regulates such tests and states that a virginity test can only be conducted if necessary and it should be based on an official request by the judicial authorities.

For some Jordanians the hymen-check is as an insult to women and their families while others argue that it is the man's right to request such an examination in light of the increasing liberalism in the Jordanian society.

Critics, mostly women's rights organizations, argue that men's chastity should be tested as well.

The rate of honor crimes in Jordan has remarkably risen and in most cases, a girl is killed based on a suspicion and there is usually no proof that she actually had sex outside marriage.

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/08/10/81385.html

Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 12, 2009
well if he can't simply trust her why go for it ? it is humiliating to her. how could you start a relation like this but if it's a culture thing and she doesn't mind then we have no reason to bug in.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 12, 2009
Well I think this is a good thing and one in the eye for stupid males, who think they have a right to be dominant over women.

Why SHOULd a woman be a virgin? Oh so it's alright for men to tart around, but not girls oh no - give me a break!

Plus as we have diuscussed a million times before the hymen can break at anytime, so that is no real proof of virginity or not.

Good! It's about time these backward, stone aged traditions were firmly left in the past.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2009
Lolssssssssss! Chocolic! bec men dn lose anytng by tarting around, nd women hv diffrent anatomy, so they do.
Wt shall a poor guy do wd a distorted Vag********na.
Aamir111
Dubai Forum User

Aug 12, 2009
Hey dude, I think you need to go back to school and redo biology!

Let me give you a little lesson, the hymen is nothing more than a tiny membrane of skin, it can be broken by the use of tampons, vigorous sports such as horse riding or gymnastics. It makes absoluteyl zero difference to the anatomy of a girl.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2009
it was just a tease. Personally i believe that neither men nor women shd go for extra marital relationships, even bef marriage.
that just gives extra worries n no satisfaction. So marry in time and enjoy in peace.
Aamir111
Dubai Forum User

Aug 12, 2009
Sorry, but I have to ask, does anyone ask those girls how many bars of soap they dropped?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 12, 2009
I bet Queen Rania had a big part in this effort.

Way to go!
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 12, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well I think this is a good thing and one in the eye for stupid males, who think they have a right to be dominant over women.

Why SHOULd a woman be a virgin? Oh so it's alright for men to tart around, but not girls oh no - give me a break!

really funny :wink:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 13, 2009
The pathetic thing is that, a man that has premarital relationships or fools around with so many women, is perceived to be a hunk or attractive guy. But even in the most liberal societies, a woman is called a $lut,
b!tch, and wh0re if she does a fraction of what womanizers usually do. That’s the ugliest double standard of all.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hey dude, I think you need to go back to school and redo biology!

Let me give you a little lesson, the hymen is nothing more than a tiny membrane of skin, it can be broken by the use of tampons, vigorous sports such as horse riding or gymnastics. It makes absoluteyl zero difference to the anatomy of a girl.

Yess Chocolic! i know much abt anatomy. But do u think that its only hymen that gets ruptured? Nothing more happens? yes sports might rupture jst hymen,, bt wt abt intercourse? n thats wt guys dn like,, a vag where u get lost.. lolsssssssss
Aamir111
Dubai Forum User

Aug 13, 2009
Aamir111 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Hey dude, I think you need to go back to school and redo biology!

Yess Chocolic! i know much abt anatomy. But do u think that its only hymen that gets ruptured? Nothing more happens? yes sports might rupture jst hymen,, bt wt abt intercourse? n thats wt guys dn like,, a vag where u get lost.. lolsssssssss

OMG - you seriously need to grow up! That's not even funny and is very very insulting to alot of women!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 13, 2009
Aamir111 wrote:

I guess you highlight the problem clearly here, it's one of education. Arab men obviously do not get enough education about the female anatomy which can therefore lead to idiotic, ignorant statements like this.

The whole argument reduces a girl to a peice of meat. Just because it's 'tradition' doesn't make it any less nauseating.

It used to be tradition to burn witches at the stake, should we still be doing that?
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 13, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:
Aamir111 wrote:

I guess you highlight the problem clearly here, it's one of education. Arab men obviously do not get enough education about the female anatomy which can therefore lead to idiotic, ignorant statements like this.

The whole argument reduces a girl to a peice of meat. Just because it's 'tradition' doesn't make it any less nauseating.

It used to be tradition to burn witches at the stake, should we still be doing that?

I couldn't agree more with your statement DS! Some of the things I've heard people come out with are laughable, but what can you expect from people who have zero s.e.x education.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 13, 2009
A man who is a virgin himself has the right to demand a virgin wife.....

Whats wrong is when a man sleeps around before marriage but demands a virgin......

That said, a hymen test is stupid and demeaning.....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 13, 2009
Aamir111 wrote:Yess Chocolic! i know much abt anatomy. But do u think that its only hymen that gets ruptured? Nothing more happens? yes sports might rupture jst hymen,, bt wt abt intercourse? n thats wt guys dn like,, a vag where u get lost.. lolsssssssss

a vag where you get lost? :lol: what, do you have a pimple for endowment? :lol:
I guess a conservative man may have issues of character regarding his fiancee, but to get a hymen check done is preposterous. Such a man need counseling!
When mistrust is so prevalent why opt for marriage in the first place?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2009
Pretty freaking lucky that I'm from another part of the world, because I am one of those cases that Chocs talked about. Nice to know that I wouldn't be killed by my family or lose a chance to marry someone because of an unreliable virginity check.

People in strict societies like that just go around it by having a.n.al s.e.x - both men and women. Let's not kid anyone!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 13, 2009
kanelli wrote:Pretty freaking lucky that I'm from another part of the world, because I am one of those cases that Chocs talked about. Nice to know that I wouldn't be killed by my family or lose a chance to marry someone because of an unreliable virginity check.

People in strict societies like that just go around it by having a.n.al s.e.x - both men and women. Let's not kid anyone!

Hey girl!! How are you? Haven't been around for some time. Hope all is well.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 14, 2009
In Jordan they will look at your hymen,
To uncover fresh chick or old hen
rooster a doodle doo?
Or "Any rooster will do ?
Did the burka lift up with a "Hi Men !!"
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
In Jordan they will look at your hymen,
To uncover fresh chick or old hen.
C*ck a doodle doo??
Or "Any c*ck will do ?? "
Did the burka lift up with a "Hi Men!" ???

OK ???
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
^ wtf? :?
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2009
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 14, 2009
aamir, am sure you have done a lot of "tarting" around. where did you get such a dumb word anyway. was it a codeword in your 7th grade? or at home?

Aamir111: "Teacher, I have to go to the toilet for some tarting!"
Aamir111: "Dad, I'm going to my friend's place for some tarting"

Dopes pop out of everywhere without even searching!
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2009
qdabdul wrote:aamir, am sure you have done a lot of "tarting" around. where did you get such a dumb word anyway. was it a codeword in your 7th grade? or at home?

Aamir111: "Teacher, I have to go to the toilet for some tarting!"
Aamir111: "Dad, I'm going to my friend's place for some tarting"

Dopes pop out of everywhere without even searching!

Clearly it's you who needs educating dear! Tart as well as being a fruit pastry or dessert can is also used in this sense.

Noun
Informal a sexually provocative or promiscuous woman: i.e. 'You look like a tart' - Tarting around, to be promiscuous.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 14, 2009
RedKite wrote:In Jordan they will look at your hymen,
To uncover fresh chick or old hen.
C*ck a doodle doo??
Or "Any c*ck will do ?? "
Did the burka lift up with a "Hi Men!" ???

OK ???

Still suffering from verbal diarrhea??
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2009
kanelli wrote:Pretty freaking lucky that I'm from another part of the world, because I am one of those cases that Chocs talked about. Nice to know that I wouldn't be killed by my family or lose a chance to marry someone because of an unreliable virginity check.

Unfortunately, your last statement is very true.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

I'm around, just busy with a newish baby :) (10 weeks)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 14, 2009
kanelli wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I'm around, just busy with a newish baby :) (10 weeks)

Hope all is well. Hands full huh? 24/7. But I know you are enjoying it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 19, 2009
In the good bad old days, the ladies would shave the pubic area to get rid of lice...then they wore "a wig" to cover up the signs of STDs.....I thought I would mention this since we were on the subject, sort of...
zonker
BANNED

Aug 19, 2009
zonker wrote:In the good bad old days, the ladies would shave the pubic area to get rid of lice...then they wore "a wig" to cover up the signs of STDs.....I thought I would mention this since we were on the subject, sort of...

What do you mean the bad old days? The Brazillian's are doing it all of the time :)

I am pretty sure that arab women have to be this way as well, or near enough to it, not that I've ever been there to find out. Muslim men have to be closely shaven as well.
I myself prefer the closely shaven style... on women that is, but it is her choice.
Similarly, I am not going to go and get my beanie cut off to improve my chances with german helmet loving women.
Oops, I may have just opened a can of worms regarding circumcision.
Before we get too far off subject,
If you cannot believe your wife that she is either a virgin or not, you have got serious trust issues and if is probably better if you don't get married in the first place.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat