Foreigner Looking For Company During Holiday In Dubai

Topic locked
Foreigner looking for company during holiday in Dubai Jul 19, 2009
Hello, my name is Nadia and I live in The Netherlands (Europe.) I am here on this site because I'm looking for good companionship in the period of 20 till 24 of august. I'm looking for a local who can show me a bit of Dubai in four days. Before I'll be coming to Dubai I will be staying for two weeks in Indonesia with a good friend of mine. On my way back home I have a stop in Abu Dhabi. Because I've never been in Dubai I thought this is a great chance to visit the country :D

I hope to read from you all. Perhaps you can't accompany me but you do have some good 'must see' for me, please tell me.

ArabicaV
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Foreigner looking for company during holiday in Dubai Jul 19, 2009
ArabicaV wrote:Hello, my name is Nadia and I live in The Netherlands (Europe.) I am here on this site because I'm looking for good companionship in the period of 20 till 24 of august. I'm looking for a local who can show me a bit of Dubai in four days. Before I'll be coming to Dubai I will be staying for two weeks in Indonesia with a good friend of mine. On my way back home I have a stop in Abu Dhabi. Because I've never been in Dubai I thought this is a great chance to visit the country :D

I hope to read from you all. Perhaps you can't accompany me but you do have some good 'must see' for me, please tell me.

The moment you walk out of the airport, get a taxi. The Indian or Paki driver will be more than happy to show around Asia not only Dubai. But if you're looking for a guy to spevd time with, get straight to the point. :D
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 20, 2009
Hi Nadia, I truly hope that your post is a spoof, or that you will be travelling with the assistance of a professional carer.

Asking for a local to take you around and show you the sights of Dubai makes you about the dumbest spanner in the tool box. Dear heart - YOU will be the sight of Dubai once he and his buddies have finished with you. My guess is you will have your own fan club on YouTube. Monty Python may have to remake "The Ministry of Silly Walks" just to include your efforts at perambulation.

Might i suggest that you visit a library in your local town, and get out one of those picture books entitled "An Idiots guide to .... Holidays in Arab countries" every last one will describe what might be acceptable for a single woman to do and what might not be such a great idea.

Jeez, You have been warned.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 20, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Hi Nadia, I truly hope that your post is a spoof, or that you will be travelling with the assistance of a professional carer.

Asking for a local to take you around and show you the sights of Dubai makes you about the dumbest spanner in the tool box. Dear heart - YOU will be the sight of Dubai once he and his buddies have finished with you. My guess is you will have your own fan club on YouTube. Monty Python may have to remake "The Ministry of Silly Walks" just to include your efforts at perambulation.

Might i suggest that you visit a library in your local town, and get out one of those picture books entitled "An Idiots guide to .... Holidays in Arab countries" every last one will describe what might be acceptable for a single woman to do and what might not be such a great idea.

I have no idea where you come from. But I'm sure that your ppl are not saints. In every country there are the scum, the bad and the good. The same goes for my country and every place on earth. Majority of locals would stand for your, back you up and defend your honor without even knowing you.

Generalization is a disease and narrow-mindedness can get you in troubles
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 20, 2009
viking-warrior wrote: Dear heart - YOU will be the sight of Dubai once he and his buddies have finished with you.

There are myriads of ways to inform a single traveling woman about the Dos and Don'ts during a visit to an Arab country. You just picked the one that shows how racist, bigoted and disgusting individual you are.
ahzao
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 20, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Hi Nadia, I truly hope that your post is a spoof, or that you will be travelling with the assistance of a professional carer.

hah! well said!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat