What's The Best Thing About Dubai According To YOU?

Topic locked
What's the best thing about Dubai according to YOU? Jul 14, 2009
As I've lived my whole life here in Dubai (20+ years), I sometimes consider myself more of a "Dubaian" than from my home country. Over the years, Ive been left astonished to see Dubai advance forward from a small city in the middle of the desert to an international icon.

Since majority of the population is made of expats, I wonder why everyone has left their country to be here. So I ask myself, what is the single most best thing that I like about Dubai? and the problem is I dont know, however, I only thought about the bad things like how expensive this place is, no rights for expats, heat in the summer etc. But yet, im more than happy here.

Since most of you lot stay here, I wanted to know why you all are here instead of somewhere else, what is the thing that YOU like most about Dubai?

Discuss.

redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 14, 2009
I love the fact that it's so cosmopolitan. although you have to point out Dubai doesn't attract the brightest crowd.

I guess Dubai is the most progressive Mid East city, although would love to live in Jordan.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What's the best thing about Dubai according to YOU? Jul 15, 2009
redtilldead wrote:As I've lived my whole life here in Dubai (20+ years), I sometimes consider myself more of a "Dubaian" than from my home country. Over the years, Ive been left astonished to see Dubai advance forward from a small city in the middle of the desert to an international icon.

Since majority of the population is made of expats, I wonder why everyone has left their country to be here. So I ask myself, what is the single most best thing that I like about Dubai? and the problem is I dont know, however, I only thought about the bad things like how expensive this place is, no rights for expats, heat in the summer etc. But yet, im more than happy here.

Since most of you lot stay here, I wanted to know why you all are here instead of somewhere else, what is the thing that YOU like most about Dubai?

Discuss.

Explain please...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:
redtilldead wrote:As I've lived my whole life here in Dubai (20+ years), I sometimes consider myself more of a "Dubaian" than from my home country. Over the years, Ive been left astonished to see Dubai advance forward from a small city in the middle of the desert to an international icon.

Discuss.

Explain please...

Like how I've lived my whole life here and still can get suddenly deported for some stupid thing; like if I get into a problem with a local, the local is always right. Things like that. Ok maybe not "no rights" but that's not the point of the thread.
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 15, 2009
Oil

Jokes apart, what I like most about Dubai is it’s effort to be relatively liberal in the conservative middle east region.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

redtilldead wrote:
Like how I've lived my whole life here and still can get suddenly deported for some stupid thing; like if I get into a problem with a local, the local is always right. Things like that. Ok maybe not "no rights" but that's not the point of the thread.

Hmm yeah, no that's not true. While you're right about it not being the 'point' of the threads, I'm not going to stay queit while you make false statements about the country/laws/rules...

:)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
I like the fact that you can leave anytime you like :-) Fnar fnar fnar!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 15, 2009
Oh come on chocs - there's gotta be ONE thing you like about being here :D
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
There's lots Bushra, you know me better than that :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 15, 2009
So many wenches so little time,not that i do that sorta thing as i am happily married
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 15, 2009
Hard to single something out, but the weather is a huge factor. I love the heat.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
busa wrote:So many wenches so little time,not that i do that sorta thing as i am happily married

mixed messages mate!! ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2009
Nah mate just like my hanging bits to remain attached to my body
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 15, 2009
With the reported high level of STD's amongst the prossies here you'll be doing yourself that favour anyway ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat