Muslim Mother Excluded From School

Topic locked
Jun 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:No-one is being body searched they are being asked to show their faces, very reasonably. You are twisting the facts to make yourself sound so correct but you are telling lies. In any case body searches of women are done by women officers, by law. You see that you know nothing about this and really should stop now.

Freedoms must be restricted, the world is not what it was. Grow up and understand.

officer humpty yes u r correct that women officers search women. but how about a law stating that muslim women only reveal their faces to female officers when requested in public places?

i guess u r british thus the arogance. its ok it comes in the genes. but try to understand that the woman is willing to cooperate and show her face to the female teachers. she is not going to rob the school nor is she going to blow up the school. she just wants to pick her kids up. so why dont the female teachers confirm aside that it is the mother and let her pick the kid up?instead of blowing this out of propotion and make a huge fuss about it so that ppl who know nothing about islam in UK start hating muslims more.

read this slowly and try to understand. she is WILLING to COOPERATE AND show her face to the female teachers!!!!

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
not good enough. obey the laws or get out is the answer. if you consider that arrogance then more fool you, it's what we hear all the time from nationals here in the UAE ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2009
Well-done, Speedy. Your iron logic is worth Iron Lady. :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 13, 2009
Speedhump wrote:not good enough. obey the laws or get out is the answer. if you consider that arrogance then more fool you, it's what we hear all the time from nationals here in the UAE ;)

lol hahahah i see u are a conservative supporter. hey being british i ll let you say whatever u want to say cos everyone is entitled to say whatever they want to say. but i would also add, that if UK doesnt change its foreign policies or if it doesnt learn how to adapt with muslims living in england peacefully, more bombings will occur.

by the way tell the millions of muslims living in UK to get out :D

you only hear it from the nationals here cos the brits started it in the 1960s till to date.

didnt know humpty dumpty was a fascist. dont tell me u luv margret thatcher :D she must turn u on me lad ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
rudeboy wrote:if UK doesnt change its foreign policies or if it doesnt learn how to adapt with muslims living in england peacefully, more bombings will occur.

Classic!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:
rudeboy wrote:if UK doesnt change its foreign policies or if it doesnt learn how to adapt with muslims living in england peacefully, more bombings will occur.

Classic!

He's just very misguided :roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Classic!

As soon as we speak about immigrants in the UK, some video on the similar topic about Russia:

It was the most scandalous pre-election TV commercial on Russian TV 4 years ago.

I made some remarks although they are not really necessary.

Static picture:
Party: Motherland (number 9 in the poll sheet).

It’s a quiet residential suburb of Moscow.
A group of Southern immigrants eat watermelon on the playground, as it’s a remote Southern village.

One immigrant to a young Russian mother: Too many people came.
Middle-age Russian: Pick up all crusts and clean after you.
Old-age Russian (retired military officer): Do you understand Russian?

Static picture:
Let us clean Moscow from garbage!!!
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 14, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Classic!

As soon as we speak about immigrants in the UK, some video on the similar topic about Russia:

It was the most scandalous pre-election TV commercial on Russian TV 4 years ago.

I made some remarks although they are not really necessary.

Static picture:
Party: Motherland (number 9 in the poll sheet).

It’s a quiet residential suburb of Moscow.
A group of Southern immigrants eat watermelon on the playground, as it’s a remote Southern village.

One immigrant to a young Russian mother: Too many people came.
Middle-age Russian: Pick up all crusts and clean after you.
Old-age Russian (retired military officer): Do you understand Russian?

Static picture:
Let us clean Moscow from garbage!!!

I can see how this would be a red-hot matter for discussion. But was it also as much an anti-youth crime piece as much as anti-immigration? You can tell me that as I couldn't tell.

People worldwide get very angry about immigrants, their lack of the same culture, rising crime rates, immigrants appearing less civilised even.

It's human nature to defend your territory. Millions of years of needing to aggressively defend the safety of your own private space can't easily be erased.

It was a well conceived advert. I admit I had a strong feeling of comradeship with the middle aged Russians. I also understand how UAE nationals must feel here living amongst their 'workforce' (the average UAE national was of course not asked by his government if he wanted the current situation).

The advert was clever work, short and very direct, appealing to the gut not to the brain. A Nationalist party?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I can see how this would be a red-hot matter for discussion. But was it also as much an anti-youth crime piece as much as anti-immigration? You can tell me that as I couldn't tell.

The advert was clever work, short and very direct, appealing to the gut not to the brain. A Nationalist party?

Way off, Speedy. You can see that immigrants are different ages, but ethnic non-Russian groups commit 90% of all crimes. Pay attention that according to dead leaves and warm clothes it’s rather cold season. Russians definitely never eat watermelon on the playgrounds (but only inside flats), especially in cold season. It’s a habit of Southern people.
It’s a big problem in Moscow too because we have more then 3 million more or less illegal working migrants from the Caucasus and Central Asia (guestarbeiters).

By the way if you like raw nature you should visit Caucasus Mountains for sure. I think Winter Olympic Games will be the best option.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 14, 2009
RB, what planet are you living on? No! Why should the UK bend to the wants of people of certain religions. Obey the law of the land or go somewhere else - simple as!

I am sick to death of these people saying they want everything their way, wanting to implement sharia law, wanting this and that! NO! NO! NO!

Go live in Saudi!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 14, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:I can see how this would be a red-hot matter for discussion. But was it also as much an anti-youth crime piece as much as anti-immigration? You can tell me that as I couldn't tell.

Way off, Speedy. You can see that immigrants are different ages, but ethnic non-Russian groups commit 90% of all crimes. Pay attention that according to dead leaves and warm clothes it’s rather cold season. Russians definitely never eat watermelon on the playgrounds (but only inside flats), especially in cold season. It’s a habit of Southern people.
It’s a big problem in Moscow too because we have more then 3 million more or less illegal working migrants from the Caucasus and Central Asia (guestarbeiters).

By the way if you like raw nature you should visit Caucasus Mountains for sure. I think Winter Olympic Games will be the best option.

OK I understand, thanks for the explanation. Too many developed nations have brought the 'gastarbeiter' problem upon themselves. National boundaries are broken in so many ways, mostly by big business and money. It's hard to see some 'Nation States' lasting until the next century in anything other than name without another World War.

Yes Sochi for the Olympics. I could enjoy that. I'd been thinking to go to Prague if they win, I have been there in winter and it's so pretty (but not 'raw':D)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Yes Sochi for the Olympics. I could enjoy that. I'd been thinking to go to Prague if they win, I have been there in winter and it's so pretty (but not 'raw':D)

There is even rawer a little bit further but I believe it will be too raw and insecure for you. My friend from those places offered me the unforgetable trip to Elbrus (the highest peak in Europe 6500 meters) but only in a company of 5 people with AKM. :)

Abkhazia (in 50 km from Sochi) is very savage and beautiful. :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:RB, what planet are you living on? No! Why should the UK bend to the wants of people of certain religions. Obey the law of the land or go somewhere else - simple as!

I am sick to death of these people saying they want everything their way, wanting to implement sharia law, wanting this and that! NO! NO! NO!

Go live in Saudi!

fresh statement. whatchue doing over the weekend ? :lol:
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 16, 2009
rudeboy, let me explain in simple words... In Western cultures, as well as other cultures, it is not acceptable to hide ones face during social interactions.

Why should male teachers in that school have to hide somewhere so that the lady can walk around the school halls and in the meetings without wearing her veil? Like I said earlier, she should just send her husband to deal with school matters if she can't handle being without her veil.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 16, 2009
kanelli wrote:rudeboy, let me explain in simple words... In Western cultures, as well as other cultures, it is not acceptable to hide ones face during social interactions.

Why should male teachers in that school have to hide somewhere so that the lady can walk around the school halls and in the meetings without wearing her veil? Like I said earlier, she should just send her husband to deal with school matters if she can't handle being without her veil.

sheesh talk about freedom to do whatever u want to do in the west. reading some of the posts of western expats has disgusted me.

male teachers do not have to hide. she wants to pick her kids up. she is covering her face because of a religious belief. do you not understand that? she is not a terroist. a MOTHER of a kid who goes in a school. she just wants to pick her kids up and go. she is willing to show her face to the female teachers. why doesnt she show her face to men? because she doesnt want to. its called PRIVACY and thats her belief & part of religious rights.

yeh kanelli she could send her hubby. but we dont know what her situation is. maybe her hubby is not in the country. maybe her hubby works.

I am sorry but I am disgusted to read what you guys had to say. you talk about how UAE is backwards. A woman who wants to cover her face because of her will wants to go pick her kids up and is willing to co-operate. but apparantely some expats living in dubai think she should be told to go back to her country.

my god i feel like swearing (#$(#$*#($*#($*#( bunch of fascits.

talking about how freedom of rights exist in the west. MY ASS it does.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2009
lol let me guess a muslim man is not allowed to grow a beard cos his face is covered and poses a threat to the country. fascists on rise in UK.

oh by the way if you dont like UAE laws you can bloody all piss off to :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:RB, what planet are you living on? No! Why should the UK bend to the wants of people of certain religions. Obey the law of the land or go somewhere else - simple as!

Go live in Saudi!

So now you know how I feel about most of you in DF!!

I'm sorry isn't this what you all want from UAE? review DF threads especially your posts choc, you want everything your way or the western way just like most of the rest, you simply cannot respect our culture or the way we do things here, you see your behavior and life style is the one that should be applied world wide you see things only from your perspective and question every dam thing. You should be the last one to give the statement above.
In case you forgot, this is a Muslim country no diff from Saudi at least this is how IT"S ppl see it so if you want more of freedom you should go back to UK. Not bcz UAE is giving a bit of freedom for you then you should go for it, that’s if you care how it’s ppl feel about it or what it’s religion says about it but you wouldn’t know about that.

now regarding what is being discussed between rude boy and speedhums,the way I see it is that it’s a one woman choice to cover or not it's the freedom they have been giving from their religion and culture no matter where , isn't this what freedom is all about ? But if it's for a security reason then yes they simply have to go along with the visited country laws or simply stay home. But if it’s just a school student matter I can’t see what is the big deal.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 17, 2009
rudeboy wrote:lol let me guess a muslim man is not allowed to grow a beard cos his face is covered and poses a threat to the country.

You are making stuff up again, it makes you look more stupid.

And no, sorry, in the west there is not freedom to do 'whatever you like'. Sure you can practise your religion, just like Christians are allowed to practise here. You can't just 'decide' how to act exactly as you want, so you can't run around outside mosques waving swords, or killiing your sister because she has slept with a man, as both happen on occasions in the UK when Muslims get a little excited with each other, and you also can't go around unrecognisable in situations where it is not acceptable. Schools are places in the West where security is now considered very important and I'm surprised you don't know that (well, in truth I'm not).

If you don't like the expats here I suggest you ask the Government of the UAE to stop inviting them. UAEkid knows that expats have been encouraged to come here in their droves because they are important to the UAE's development, and to get them here the UAE has had to accept that certain western ways of living will be practised here (in controlled environments, bars, clubs, beaches). In fact many young Emiratis embrace large parts of this way of life.

The Government sets the boundaries, and if expats go over them then they should expect to be punished. If they don't exceed the tolerance given, then expats living their own lifestyle here must plainly be accepted AS THE WISH OF THE GOVERNMENT.

And one more thing for the pair of you, stop blanketing us all. I don't speak for 'westerners' or 'expats' I speak for myself alone. There are others posting here like this new idiot crusader who plainly is anti-Muslim. Peope like Sage, DesertDude, and others don't criticise the UAE and you also know nothing about their lifestyles here. You know VERY WELL that there are always quite a few expats posting here disapproving of bikinis in the street, drunkenness in public, and other bad imports from other countries. Stop taking the comments you don't like on the forums and blindly applying their words to everyone.

Thanks.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 17, 2009
Speedhump wrote:not good enough. obey the laws or get out is the answer. if you consider that arrogance then more fool you, it's what we hear all the time from nationals here in the UAE ;)

The above should be enforced more passionately in the free world
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 17, 2009
You know crudeboy, I think you should try this, I think your problem is that you're just a little short on love. :D

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 17, 2009
humpty she is willing to cooperate i.e show her face to the female teachers so that they can confirm that she is the mother of the child.

would a terroist cooperate with you?

we are not talking about the country here. we are talking about a school, a mother and her kid.

and kido dont be cheap by having shots at my luv life.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 17, 2009
Around and around and around. we may as well stop as everything has been said about ten times now.

Of course I don't know about your love life, but seems my bullet hit your heart (or somewhere lower) :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Around and around and around. we may as well stop as everything has been said about ten times now.

Of course I don't know about your love life, but seems my bullet hit your heart (or somewhere lower) :D

humpty thats WHAT i have been trying to tell you but I guess it takes time for you to understand. its ok u did fall on your head on your birth hench the name humpty dumpty :D

bro read my nick and read it again and then you will understand why I dont get bothered by your childish come backs.

honestly do some homework before coming online and opeing your mouth. I am an indian and your certainly made a fool out of yourself.

if you want me to stop calling you humpty let me know. I am a nice guy honestly. or if you dont like being called speedhumps of jumeriah road let me know alrite. I am willing to COOPERATE meaning i aint a terroist :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
I don't mind at all what you call me. Go for your life. You get kicks out of insulting people, we have all seen it in your posts ;)

You have just been repeating yourself ad infinitum, I am the one who has been coming up with different ways to try to explain why you are so wrong.

Anyway, I've said it all now. That's me done.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I don't mind at all what you call me. Go for your life. You get kicks out of insulting people, we have all seen it in your posts ;)

You have just been repeating yourself ad infinitum, I am the one who has been coming up with different ways to try to explain why you are so wrong.

Anyway, I've said it all now. That's me done.

bro no1 is wrong. i have always said and will say it again we live in a world where east vs west. and just by reading the post everyone can figure that there is certainly a clash of civilizations.

you might think you are right. but ask any muslim about this scenario and they will say it was wrong. UAEKID is one example who said it was wrong for them to do this to a mother in a school.

life is not about proving others to be wrong. life is about learning and adapting.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Yes, the UAE is different from Saudi Kid, in the fact that it is liberal - might I remind that I lived there for 4 years! So I very well know the difference.

You see you're the one who wants everything your way. I fully respect the cultural needs of the UAE, but when another country asks you to abide by it's rules (the UK is NOT a muslim state!) then you say no g. As far as I'm concerned you're the unbendable one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 18, 2009
Hmm, so growing a beard is the same as wearing a veil over the face so that only eyes (and sometimes not even the eyes) are showing? Wow, your intellect astounds me rudeboy!

Who said anything about the woman being a terrorist? Can we cut the bullshit about the "terrorist" stereotyping already?

The UK is not a Muslim country. There are school rules about entering school premises while masking your identity. The woman was not simply picking her kids up, but was also interacting with school staff for meetings etc. The rule is for security of staff and students, and it isn't made for the purpose of marginalizing Muslim women who wear a full veil.

Just as some of you complain here about people going against the rules in the UAE, we can complain when people try to go against the rules in our countries. Isn't that fair? I just love it how we are all expected to abide by the rules here, but just because we are more liberal in the West we are always expected to change our rules to accommodate every group out there. It just isn't realistic.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 18, 2009
kanelli wrote:Hmm, so growing a beard is the same as wearing a veil over the face so that only eyes (and sometimes not even the eyes) are showing? Wow, your intellect astounds me rudeboy!

Who said anything about the woman being a terrorist? Can we cut the bullshit about the "terrorist" stereotyping already?

The UK is not a Muslim country. There are school rules about entering school premises while masking your identity. The woman was not simply picking her kids up, but was also interacting with school staff for meetings etc. The rule is for security of staff and students, and it isn't made for the purpose of marginalizing Muslim women who wear a full veil.

Just as some of you complain here about people going against the rules in the UAE, we can complain when people try to go against the rules in our countries. Isn't that fair? I just love it how we are all expected to abide by the rules here, but just because we are more liberal in the West we are always expected to change our rules to accommodate every group out there. It just isn't realistic.

kanelli u have said it yourself it is a school and the SCHOOLS law. yes muslims living in UK should abide with the countrys law. but schools law crazy as such? sorry they dont make sense to me.

no i dont want to make things go my way. i am trying my best to educate you ppl about islam. its a sad face that you guys arent willing to learn.

kanelli i was being sarcastic about the beard but give osama a clean shave. tell me would you be able to recognize him?

i dont have anything else to say about this matter cos the fact is you guys arent willing to understand nor learn about the hijab.

peace
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
everyone knows about hijab, it's not rocket science. boring already.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:everyone knows about hijab, it's not rocket science. boring already.

bro u didnt know about the hijab & islam and certainly didnt know what a shalwar kameez is.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk