Slumdog Mums Fight Over Selling Girl Star - Seriously?

Topic locked
Slumdog mums fight over selling girl star - seriously? Apr 21, 2009
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 386806.ece

SLUMDOG Millionaire starlet RUBINA ALI's mum and stepmum fought in the street yesterday over an alleged attempt to sell the girl.

Real mum KURSHIDA DEVADE and MUNNI QURESHI screamed and slapped each other in Mumbai, India.

They clashed as Rubina’s dad RAFIQ was being quizzed by police after Khurshida filed a complaint about child-trafficking. She left the family seven years ago.

Rafiq denies reports he demanded £200,000 from a Dubai sheikh for the nine-year-old star of the Slumdog Millionaire movie.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 21, 2009
Nice idea to be active in MEDIA. Marketing Pitch
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 21, 2009
If infact this is 100% real, it makes me Fu*king RAGE.

They should be publicly hung.

Oh, and I wonder what a Sheikh would wand with a 9 year old actress...

Sick fu*ks

I just lost my appetite.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 21, 2009
dresden wrote:If infact this is 100% real, it makes me Fu*king RAGE.

They should be publicly hung.

Oh, and I wonder what a Sheikh would wand with a 9 year old actress...

Sick fu*ks

I just lost my appetite.

That middle east sheikhs take "young brides" from asian countries is nothing new and has been going on for years. There are enough documented articles on this. The girls are "married off" ( decent term for sold off" ) in return for huge amounts of money. probably a google search will net you results on relevant articles from newspapers.

Although of late, authirites and child welfare groups/watchdogs have woken up and act on such incidents, it still goes on quite a bit.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2009
Maybe the sheikh just wanted to adopt her, give her a decent life.
The fault in this instance is with the parents!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Maybe the sheikh just wanted to adopt her, give her a decent life.

Says kind, good old MC life. :roll:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Maybe the sheikh just wanted to adopt her, give her a decent life.

Put down the crack pipe...

It could be true, but its a .000009 to the power of 10 chance.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 21, 2009
dresden wrote:

So let me get this straight;

You are saying that .999991 to the power of 10 chances are Sheikhs need young tiger?

Thats a little off don't ya think? :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 21, 2009
Well aparently it was the News of the World's fake sheikh, doing another under cover story. But yes sadly, these things do happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 21, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
dresden wrote:

So let me get this straight;

You are saying that .999991 to the power of 10 chances are Sheikhs need young tiger?

Thats a little off don't ya think? :lol:

You have it backwards, and your math is wrong. :P

I was disagreeing with MCL and said his post could be true, but it was about a .000009 ^10 chance of happening!

makes more sense now.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 21, 2009
I know Canadian. But you still haven't told us where the largest part of chances lie.

Where will the gurl be used for...if the chance for a decent honest life is that slim...as you projected. ;)
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I know Canadian. But you still haven't told us where the largest part of chances lie.

Where will the gurl be used for...if the chance for a decent honest life is that slim...as you projected. ;)

I'm not sure if you're baiting me, but I think the rest is pretty obvious.

Not sure what being canadian has anything to do with it?
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 21, 2009
dresden wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I know Canadian. But you still haven't told us where the largest part of chances lie.

I'm not sure if you're baiting me, but I think the rest is pretty obvious.

Not sure what being canadian has anything to do with it?

I'm baiting you yeah. Just cornering you a bit since the little girl obviously has no chance of getting out of an old mans hands, so to say.

Canadian!? That because I heard you weren't German. My name is Dutch, nice the meet ya fellow 8) :lol: :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
May be the girl will just end up as sheik kabab if it were true...
what kind of parents are they anyway, after their daughter was star struck, here comes the parents selling her like a pet to the highest bidder. Dont they ever think that their daughter has been given a chance to change their life for the better, she could end up an actress.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 21, 2009
portland wrote:May be the girl will just end up as sheik kabab if it were true...
what kind of parents are they anyway, after their daughter was star struck, here comes the parents selling her like a pet to the highest bidder. Dont they ever think that their daughter has been given a chance to change their life for the better, she could end up an actress.

You're not directly a high class actress if you starred in a slumdog movie... you need more qualies for that Porter.
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
portland wrote:May be the girl will just end up as sheik kabab if it were true...

You're not directly a high class actress if you starred in a slumdog movie... you need more qualies for that Portland.

yup i agree with that, but atleast she could end up with a decent acting job like a substitute, stunt and or an extra for a movie, that will be decent enough to make a living and feed her family...
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 21, 2009
But isn't selling your child nothing new in India??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 21, 2009
They even marry dogs there. Noooooo really!

Yes they do ;)
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
RobbyG wrote:They even marry dogs there. Noooooo really!

Yes they do ;)

I thought it was cows, considering the cow population.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 21, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:They even marry dogs there. Noooooo really!

Yes they do ;)

I thought it was cows, considering the cow population.

They are the only ones considered holy.

Thats impossible :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
It's damn racist, here we apparantly have a sheikh who wants to adopt this girl. If it were true, then everyone would be a winner. The parents, cuz evidently they need the moolah, the girl...her life would definately improve for the better and for the sheikh a beautiful extension to his family.

It's true loads of rich Arabs go to India and Pakistan for young brides...but we're talking 18yrs upwards...

Some of the posters on DF are nothing but sadistic....

And I've heard of Indians getting married to trees, dogs and what have you...But it's their culture and I guess we don't know much about it. So lets refrain from passing judgment.
Talking bout Indian culture, you guys aware of Kama Sutra?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2009
MCL, didn't you read my follow up post! It was the FAKE SHEIKH!!! He works for a UK newspaper and goes around trapping people basically for stories posing as a Sheikh, he's not a real one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 21, 2009
The sheikh may be fake, but the reactions from some of the posters were definately not!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:The sheikh may be fake, but the reactions from some of the posters were definately not!

You are way too serious dude. Go learn your finances before you lose a CDS swap value again.

Try get a beer to cool down and enjoy some cultural fun. We do it all the time.
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
Cultural fun? Some posters were overtly insinuating pedophile activity. I certainly thought that warranted a stern reply!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Cultural fun? Some posters were overtly insinuating pedophile activity. I certainly thought that warranted a stern reply!

Errr....that does happen son. We can't deny that.

Don't get mad on us for that. Speak directly to the ones you think laugh about that.
RobbyG

Apr 21, 2009
MCL: Are you striving to be a MOD? Even Sister Mary Chocs let it go!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 21, 2009
well one thing is for sure in india, ladies buy their grooms. "Ladies pay for the dowry in marrying the man" ...hehehe
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 21, 2009
portland wrote:well one thing is for sure in india, ladies buy their grooms. "Ladies pay for the dowry in marrying the man" ...hehehe

They can't be all that ugly that they have to pay for us, right? 8)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat