Holy Crap The S*** Is Going To Hit The Fan

Topic locked
Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
smoggie wrote:
idiot!

it takes one idiot to know another idiot :D

:lol: :lol: ha ha u totally crack me up dude :)

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
smoggie wrote:so is 1000dhs better then nothing? yeh they get treated like dirt here by some of their employees. but are they really treated like kings back in their own countries?

It is the responsibility of the UAE government to protect labourers from exploitation.

Their situation elsewhere in the world is not an excuse to exploit them!

This is obviously a very sensitive subject with the Government and I hope the BBC continue to highlight the labourers plight. Well done to the BBC!

SMOGGIE

does the UK government protect ppl from exploitation in uk?

i agree with u some of the employees are bad but this is not the place for BBC to come interfere. they should write about something better. something about iraq and afghanistan. how the british troops are exploiting ppl. how the red cross is exploiting ppl. they will only give food to the ppl provided they turn christian. OH MY GOD ANOTHER CONCPIRICY THE MUSLIMS have come up with :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:The situation can be decribed very simply;

1) There is nothing grossly wrong if a destitute worker is willing to share a room with 10 people and work for peanuts

2) What is wrong is when a worker comes here and finds out he is getting half of what he was told or signed on, and then he is not allowed to resign or return as his passport isnt with him or for whatever reason.

yep i agree with u. it depends on who ur employee is. if he is a B(#$#(*#$# and doesnt have a concience he will then do what BR pointed out in his point 2. but this happens everywhere.

in uk & across the europe where ppl are packed in containers and are promised that they will get this and that. instead they are drugged and put on the streets to become prostitues. Wot is the British govt doing about these ppl? what is the EU doing about these ppl? hmmm nothing. why doesnt the BBC report about this? lol

shit goes on everywhere on earth. its a sad fact that arnie or no1 else has bothered to post about how ppl are exploited across the world. not only uae but even in USA, UK and Europe. Welcome to the World .
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

i agree with u some of the employees are bad but this is not the place for BBC to come interfere. they should write about something better. something about iraq and afghanistan. how the british troops are exploiting ppl. how the red cross is exploiting ppl. they will only give food to the ppl provided they turn christian. OH MY GOD ANOTHER CONCPIRICY THE MUSLIMS have come up with :D

Firstly it's the job of the police and the conscience of the community to protect people from exploitation.
The government is supposed to uphold the constution, if you are exploited in the UK, u can go to the police, then you can go to court, you can go to the ILO.....
The BBC has reported enough about Iraq and Afghanistan, don't derail from this topic.
Red Cross exploiting people....sheesh how low can you stoop? Go and see for yourself firsthand the good work they are doing....surely there must be a few rogues in that organization, but that does not compare to the good work thev'e done over the years!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Firstly it's the job of the and the conscience of the community to protect people from exploitation.
The government is supposed to uphold the constution, if you are exploited in the UK, u can go to the police, then you can go to court, you can go to the ILO.....
The BBC has reported enough about Iraq and Afghanistan, don't derail from this topic.
Red Cross exploiting people....sheesh how low can you stoop? Go and see for yourself firsthand the good work they are doing....surely there must be a few rogues in that organization, but that does not compare to the good work thev'e done over the years!

i dont see the community of england protecting ppl from exploitation.
if u have come into the country illegally, promised a better life but in return they turn u into a ho working on a stree would u go to the police? knowing that they could put u in a jail?

bbc has reported what exactly?

red cross was just an example. yeh they do some good work but i have heard of reports where they exploit certain ppl who are affected by the war or by the earthquake. They go to the affected ppl become christians and we will give u the food. dont know how true it is. but it would be worth while for bbc to go to the earthquake effected Pakistan and talk to the ppl there. But i guess they wont. lazy bums sitting in england and reporting about the world.

by the way welcome to the world. crap goes on. go and see what is happening in Africa u will be shocked :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:well, from the many workers I have interacted with - many claim that they were better off in their home countries - they had the privacy of their homes, the freedom of their own country, their family close to them - and even financially could somehow make ends meet.

They were brought here on false hopes and never to be realized dreams - being cheated to build up this place. You have no patriotism towards your own country until you work with your own hands to build it. With foreign workers being brought it to clean roads, workplaces, run homes, take care of kids, build the cities - this place has nothing it can say it has done on its own. Especially when people are cheated - the place gets cursed.

So true!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
smoggie wrote:so is 1000dhs better then nothing? yeh they get treated like dirt here by some of their employees. but are they really treated like kings back in their own countries?

It is the responsibility of the UAE government to protect labourers from exploitation.

This is obviously a very sensitive subject with the Government and I hope the BBC continue to highlight the labourers plight. Well done to the BBC!

SMOGGIE

*yawn*

rudeboy, why aren't the journalists in the UAE writing about all of the problems here and why isn't the UAE govt trying to make things better here before worrying about the Palestinians, Afghans and Iraqis? :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 07, 2009
kanelli wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

SMOGGIE

*yawn*

Queen of england wishes to sleep now :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It is true, that many of these workers are caught between a rock and a hard place, i.e. having no work at all in their own countries or working for a pitance here.

However, this does not give companies the right to exploit them the way they do! Everyone has the right to clean running water, good wash/toilet facilities and to be looked after. Sadly the way many of these companies operate is substandard, but in a country with virtually zero human rights, what can you expect.

Once again, the UAE professing to be a progressive, developed country, only proving that it is 3rd world and stuck in the dark ages.

For once I agree with you. Just because the workers are "better off" here does not mean they should be treated like herded animals. I keep hearing this nonsense excuse again and again.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 07, 2009
kanelli wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

SMOGGIE

*yawn*

rudeboy, why aren't the journalists in the UAE writing about all of the problems here and why isn't the UAE govt trying to make things better here before worrying about the Palestinians, Afghans and Iraqis? :wink:

oh queen of england please do not drift from the message. i dont know why they aint writing :S go and ask them. what am i? the press society or something :S if u ask me they all lazy bum. i dont read the newspapers anyways bunch of propaganda and crap.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Any bets on a new law coming out in Dubai, banning people from carrying cameras/snapping under constructions sites, labourers working, labour housing facilities etc
The reasoning from the authorities would be that it's not permitted because of National Security issues!

Snapping photos in public is already banned here, if you didn't know. Pro photographers are aware of it. I don't know the specifics, but they can use that as an excuse to prosecute you if "they" feel like it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 331195.stm

" 6 to 8 ppl living in a caravan" :S crap.

"She said workers are still frightened to come forward to report poor treatment from employers, as they are afraid of losing their jobs" is this not exploitation?

"There was no refrigerator and we only had one or two toilets for 100 workers

Ms Tirzite"
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
kanelli wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

SMOGGIE

*yawn*

She's Canadian!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:RB, once again you show your ignorance! WE know about it! The rest of the world doesn't! Especially because the Dubai government and authority are dead against any negative publicity getting out about the place.

this topic has been discussed over, over, over and over again especially in this forum. why do it again? y not discuss about something better.

Just because something has been discussed before, doesn't mean the topic is closed or over and done with. The problem still exists! It hasn't gone away, it needs constant awareness and updates. You really are a piece of work.

If you have nothing to contribute on the matter then don't. Or if you do, how about joining a group called Dubai Helping Hands, which collects supplies and distributes them to the workers!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:RB, once again you show your ignorance! WE know about it! The rest of the world doesn't! Especially because the Dubai government and authority are dead against any negative publicity getting out about the place.

this topic has been discussed over, over, over and over again especially in this forum. why do it again? y not discuss about something better.

Just because something has been discussed before, doesn't mean the topic is closed or over and done with. The problem still exists! It hasn't gone away, it needs constant awareness and updates. You really are a piece of work.

If you have nothing to contribute on the matter then don't. Or if you do, how about joining a group called Dubai Helping Hands, which collects supplies and distributes them to the workers!

His role on this board is to stifle discussion and act like the village idiot. I am surprised so many people answer his posts.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 07, 2009
smoggie wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

His role on this board is to stifle discussion and act like the village idiot. I am surprised so many people answer his posts.

one village idiot truely knows another village idiot :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Again, nothing to contribute, so go away already!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

well i do my bit. like i said i partially own a company that supplys the labour. i make sure that the conditions are good, food is provided and so is transport. i also make sure that old clothes from the family and friends are provided to these guys. if u want to donate plz get in touch with me IF u want to.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

problems in england still exist. i gave u 3 to 4 posts. why dont we discuss about that? hmmm??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Again, nothing to contribute, so go away already!

ok fine. guys i m throwing a BBQ all the labours are invited. :D is this contribution?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Because this thread is about a documentary on the conditions of workers in the UAE! If you want to ditract from that, then go and start your own thread!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
kanelli wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

SMOGGIE

*yawn*

She's Canadian!

Canadian ouch je voudrais une coca cola. do the canadians have monarchy or were they owned by UK once :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Because this thread is about a documentary on the conditions of workers in the UAE! If you want to ditract from that, then go and start your own thread!

i shall but how do i know its not deleted :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Because this thread is about a documentary on the conditions of workers in the UAE! If you want to ditract from that, then go and start your own thread!

"Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers"

You don't have the whit or the intelligence old boy!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 07, 2009
smoggie wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

"Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers"

You don't have the whit or the intelligence old boy!

it takes one intelligence old boy to know another one ;)

by the way chocos if i post a thread about UK workers how do i know it wont be deleted? i mean u might not like it and u might delete it?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy, you can keep stirring but you are being very transparent. It is hypocritical when you say that the BBC and UK govt should spend time working on domestic issues (and the US too from other threads) before criticizing or exposing what is happening in other countries, but then you don't expect the UAE media and govt to focus on their own domestic issues before looking elsewhere (like Palestine, Afghanistan or Iraq - what you mention most).
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 07, 2009
kanelli wrote:rudeboy, you can keep stirring but you are being very transparent. It is hypocritical when you say that the BBC and UK govt should spend time working on domestic issues (and the US too from other threads) before criticizing or exposing what is happening in other countries, but then you don't expect the UAE media and govt to focus on their own domestic issues before looking elsewhere (like Palestine, Afghanistan or Iraq - what you mention most).

dear kanelli,

thank you very much for your message. if u look at my posts i have pointed out that this goes around everywhere. i have pointed out WHY things happening in UK, USA or across Europe dont come on this Forum? why? are u telling me canada is perfect? its not. so why not post about things happening in canada? i agree that the gov should do something about it but then again is the british gov doing anything with their problems?

the fact is yes i am transparent. but arent u guys transparent when it comes to bashing dubai all the time? i mean all u do is blah blah blah about dubai and yet u dont write anything about canada or england. Y?

hyprocacy is born at home ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat