I Saw Watchmen (NO Spoilers)

Topic locked
I saw Watchmen (NO spoilers) Mar 14, 2009
WATCHMEN: RUBBISH

First of all, I am a huge fan of the graphic novel. It showed maturity and philosophical depth at a time when all you saw from comics was the same bravado rubbish over and over again. I was really excited when I entered the theater. I wanted to see my favorite graphic novel enacted on screen. What I saw was definitely the worst piece of crap ever produced.

Don't get me wrong, I am not some comic fanboy who is pissed off because the movie did not follow the story exactly. I knew parts would be cut. So that is not the problem. The main issue is that it is so friggin' boring. You can't imagine how boring. It's a movie trying to sound intelligent and bad a$$ at the same time. What you get are morons babbling out rubbish and the worst acting I have seen since black and white movies.

I was dying 30 minutes into the movie. 1 and a half hours in, they were still talking; in monotone; giving me lessons on morality that I had learned an hour ago. Same crap over and over and over.

Do not see this movie. Seriously, Zack Snyder is not a director. He has no idea what acting is or how to portray human emotion. He is an idiot with a camera who knows how to color the backdrop. Essentially this movie has a CGI technician for a director and he butchers a great story by boring his audience to eternal sleep.

I want my money back. There, that's my rant for the day :D

dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2009
Oh and I almost forgot. The damned soundtrack. Seriously the person who chose those tracks must suffer either from deafness or mental retardation. There is no other explanation. The music makes you laugh when you have a war going on on-screen. It makes you bored during sex scenes.

I can't talk about this movie anymore, I'm getting all angry again!!!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2009
u cant download a decent quality version at the moment. I saw it in the cinema. :S
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2009
dee7o wrote:u cant download a decent quality version at the moment. I saw it in the cinema. :S

What a novel idea, actually paying to see a film.
Dubai Dreams
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 06, 2009
Very dissappointing especially given the hype!
ishaq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 06, 2009
Have to disagree 100% on this! And it probably made no sense because you went to see it in the cinema here, it was hacked to death, because Dr Manhattan was naked in virtually all his scenes!

I got a knock-off copy from my friendly DVD supplier and thought it was excellent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 06, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Have to disagree 100% on this! And it probably made no sense because you went to see it in the cinema here, it was hacked to death, because Dr Manhattan was naked in virtually all his scenes!

I got a knock-off copy from my friendly DVD supplier and thought it was excellent.

DVDEEEE supplier and that too at a knock off price. ooooh someone has been buying them pirated copies ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Yes, unfortunately my DVD player has a conscience and normally plays films till the last 20 minutes then refuses to play the rest of it! I need a cheapo player that will play a chocolate digestive if I want it to.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yes, unfortunately my DVD player has a conscience and normally plays films till the last 20 minutes then refuses to play the rest of it! I need a cheapo player that will play a chocolate digestive if I want it to.

did u buy the dvdee player in england :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
No, here! Stupid question really!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No, here! Stupid question really!

if u bought it from england it would have been working fine.

if u bought it from here good luck and enjoy the movie :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2009
just download it with torrent much better
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 22, 2009
I found it largely tolerable although a bit full of it's own importance.
Dubai Dreams
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 23, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Have to disagree 100% on this! And it probably made no sense because you went to see it in the cinema here, it was hacked to death, because Dr Manhattan was naked in virtually all his scenes!

I have heard that the uncut copy is much better. Either way, noone should see it in Dubai. the sequence of scenes truly made no sense and had no continuity whatsoever
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 26, 2009
I have to agree with Dee7o, was extremely long and boring, and Dee7o comments about the monotone dialouge delivery and the soundtrack are spot on. WTF is up with the soundtrack. It totally sucked !

BTW why can Dr.Manhattan keep his speedos on, is he some kind of a nudist or something ? Way too much exposure to a blue CGI d!ck in a two and half time period.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 04, 2009
I enjoyed it, but the UAE censors cut it to bits
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 06, 2009
lol, i gotta disagree i loved the movie and espcially the soundtrack i thought the movie was great although i never read the graphic novel, so i dont know how much the director changed ! Although cinemas here censored the shit out of it so i guess i will watch the dvdrip soon -.-' !
uaexcursed
Dubai Forum Guest

May 11, 2009
Having not read the graphic novels, I can only say that whilst it was a beautiful film to look at, the constant cuts and jumps were incredibly frustrating.

I guess I just don't understand Islam at all. It's alright to show graphic violence and murder, but a d1ck is considered beyond the pale?

Weird.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 09, 2009
Well i thought the movie was ok but it could have been better. I really didnt like the ending though. I thought it was a bit rushed towards the end. . .
MethoD
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 15, 2009
And in reply to that, I would have to say that clearly you have nor the mental capacity or artistic appreciation to be able to cope with such a film. Go stick to run of the mill, prectiable movies would you. Cheers.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 15, 2009
On comments on Zacks directing abilities. I loved 300 and is one of my fav movies watched it at the theater and everytime its on telly I watch it plus a few more times on DVD.

Although also not having read the graphic novel on that one I loved the imagery, the back drops, the sound track on that one. There is nothing bad I can say about that movie. Oh and Gerad butler was brilliant as leonidas. Perfect casting choice.

While maybe trying to replicate 300 success. Watchmen was truly one of the most crappiest movies i've seen this year. From the trailers it looked like it had potential but was a utter disapointment. Maybe hard core fanboys of franks novels enjoyed it.

But as a standalone for someone whose never heard of the watchmen before.....BORING.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 18, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:And in reply to that, I would have to say that clearly you have nor the mental capacity or artistic appreciation to be able to cope with such a film. Go stick to run of the mill, prectiable movies would you. Cheers.

:(
MethoD
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk