Speeding Fine And Its In RED

Topic locked
Feb 23, 2009
There are some dodgy people that work behind the desks too! One told my friend he had to have the car impounded AND pay 100 Dhs a day! Clearly he was just going to pocket the cash.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 23, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:There are some dodgy people that work behind the desks too! One told my friend he had to have the car impounded AND pay 100 Dhs a day! Clearly he was just going to pocket the cash.

yes.. this is true...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
ahamed wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:It depends! Sometimes they won't let you pay the days, depends who you get at the desk and it they're feeling nice.

Maybe a proper bribe will persuade them ;)

Robb...dont ever ..ever ..try that.. believe me..

yes, don't ever do that with any officer as they will consider it as bribe

however, bribing DO exist.... it only happens between the friends of the officer... or in other words WASTA... where you usually give the bribe to the mediator who will sort you out with his officer friend...

the funny part they would consider it as a favor not bribing :roll:

A close friend of mine got his driving license this way... and some other stories I know of too
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
Hey All

first of thanks to all you guys for replying

Well for those who think i was diriving to fast like 160 or 160+ well thats not true at all

It was a monday afternoon and i was on my way to goto International city and as i was driving on the back road of IC where you have the exit to acedemic city and from that signal you need to take a u-turn right to IC!!

Well i live in IC and have been living their for like 2 years already but

the speed limit on that road is 80 but there are no fixed radars or anything till now!!

Anwyays there was a radar a mobile one which caught me and i was i think at 120 - 130KMS so which means if the speed limit there is 80 then 40-50 kms over speeding for which i have been given this fine for 1,000 Dhs and my car to be impounded for 30 days

Now i am not syaing i dont derserve a fine but come on my car to be impounded is a bit too much

My wife is pregnant and we have only one car in the family and i work in sales so which means i need my car all the time ..so this makes it even more worse for me....and by the way this is my first time i have been told to impound the car..

and i am not pleading or begging here just asking for help and advise

Now some of you guys suggested that i go and talk to them right do you really think this can help me if you guys know someone there who you guys spoke to and helped you i can maybe talk to the same guy

Your advise and suggestion will be helpful

thanks and sorry to start some sparks ..
jagdesh
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 23, 2009
If you pay approx. 4000 dirhams you paid of your fine and total of 30 days inpoundment.

For a sales rep. thats not more than your monthly bonus. Easy, right?
Hope your not in property brokerage ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 23, 2009
RobbyG wrote:If you pay approx. 4000 dirhams you paid of your fine and total of 30 days inpoundment.

You are assuming everyone in sales gets paid "western" salaries. 4k could be his entire salary, for all we know.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 23, 2009
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:If you pay approx. 4000 dirhams you paid of your fine and total of 30 days inpoundment.

You are assuming everyone in sales gets paid "western" salaries. 4k could be his entire salary, for all we know.

No, I don't think thats the case. If so, he would have attacked me and started yelling at me... :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 23, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:

No, I don't think thats the case. If so, he would have attacked me and started yelling at me... :lol:

if he can afford 4K for a fine... then this is stupid.. if I was him I can rent a car instead while the car is serving its sweet 30days
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 24, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:

if he can afford 4K for a fine... then this is stupid.. if I was him I can rent a car instead while the car is serving its sweet 30days

Yes, a one-month car rental would cost less!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 24, 2009
4,000 dhs fine i cannot afford for sure

And yes i am some what linked to real estate ... i work for a advertising company who list's properties from different real estate agents and all

Anwyays i know a rental car would cost me much less and i all

But i have heard that the cars which are impounded for so long and not taken care off properly i mean it will be standing in the heat with covering and my leather inside will be spolit so i am worried about that also

Let me know if someone knows how the cars are treated at the impound i know its an impound not a covered car parking at mall of emirates or anything but still let me know if someone has gone through this and if they still got their car back in good condition

thanks
jagdesh
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 24, 2009
I just think you should go and get the punishment asap. The way they are making erratic laws as they go along who knows what they will come up with if you don't comply now. The govt. of Dubai is acting clueless at the moment with the revenue stream going down the drain. There was a statement from "I swear by the Lord" chief regarding late traffic fines a few days ago, pure scare mongering. The situation is so bad that now the Dubai Police is ticketing in unfinished parking lots in the basements of JLT towers.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 24, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:

I tend to agree with you QP, you can get a cheap little run-around for the month whilst the car is impounded.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 24, 2009
jagdesh wrote:Let me know if someone knows how the cars are treated at the impound i know its an impound not a covered car parking at mall of emirates or anything but still let me know if someone has gone through this and if they still got their car back in good condition

the car will be treated really really bad... and will be kept to burn under the sun...

go and give it to them right away before the heat hits on... I think its time to book your vacation early this year :D
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 24, 2009
YOU basically go and drive in into the lot - spare sand lot effectively! Where you park it, is where it will stay for the 30 days and will be covered in dust etc etc,when you pick it up.

Mine looked like a wreck! Do not leave valuables or anything in the car.

Stop complaining and suck up the punishment already!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 24, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
jagdesh wrote:Let me know if someone knows how the cars are treated at the impound i know its an impound not a covered car parking at mall of emirates or anything but still let me know if someone has gone through this and if they still got their car back in good condition

the car will be treated really really bad... and will be kept to burn under the sun...

My aging cars have sat in the sun all day, for many years now, on street parking. What's the problem?

Dust can be cleaned off. The main issue is vandalism. And a dead battery if they don't disconnect it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 24, 2009
simple next drive just drive slow :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat