Emirati Writer Gets Death Threats For S.e.x Ed Book

Topic locked
Emirati writer gets death threats for s.e.x ed book Feb 19, 2009
OMG - this is hilarious! Ahhh are all those poor men now feeling inadequate? And the women realising what the heck they're missing out on!

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... %20threats

A Dubai author who wrote a guide on sexual relations for married couples has been bombarded with death threats after husbands have claimed it has turned their wives against them. Emirati Wedad Lutah, who is an official in the Family Guidance Department at the Dubai Courts, has received a string of threatening phone calls and been condemned on web sites since her book ‘Top Secret’ was published late last year.

Yesterday Lutah told 7DAYS: “Some men have phoned me and threatened to kill me because of this book, claiming that it has turned their wives against them. One of the callers promised to kill me if he saw me because I’m educating married women on sexual topics and their rights.” Lutah said the book aims to promote happy and stable marriages through educating women about intimacy with their husbands. “I just want to help couples maintain healthy relationships. Before the book was published I took advice from Islamic clerics and scrapped some sections after gathering their comments.”

Some web site postings have attacked her. “She is a non-believer and must die,” one person wrote on an Arabic site. She explained that the book, which is published in Arabic, talks about relationships from an Islamic viewpoint and aims to educate people about sex. Lutah, who has worked at the courts for almost seven years, added: “During the years I have spent in court, I have met many wives who don’t know anything about sex. They think its only purpose is to have children.” Lutah maintained: “I will continue to educate people according to Islamic standards.”

She has also asked the authorities if she can go into schools to give sex education lessons. She added: “I just want to educate pupils but some people consider it a crime.” An official in the Criminal Investigation Department of Dubai Police told 7DAYS: “We have not yet received an official complaint about death threats from the author. If she lodges a complaint then we will investigate. Death threats via phone calls is a crime and will not be tolerated.” 7DAYS contacted Magrudy’s book store and was told the book had been in demand. A representative said: “Seven women have called just today to reserve it. We have 134 copies available. So far only women are asking for it.”

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

well if those men can't do their job right someone got to teach them.. it's weird since the Arabic forums concerning marriage life topics got LOTS of naughty things and written by both genders and about personal experience too, they are yumy to read LOOOOOL.

oh well there are ppl who still lives in the dark ages I guess or maybe she is just advertising for her book :)
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 19, 2009
Well the thing that gets me is that she is writing for married couples and keeping in within the realms of Islam - apparently. So why do these men feel threatened? Haha they want to keep their women uneducated about getting it on between the sheets so they can be lazy buggers and not make an effort.

Oh dear!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I just rememberd my friend (never had sex,never saw p<3n ) when he got married and called me the next day asking me ( where should I put it ) I said put what ? he said you know, my thingy LOOOL I said what do you mean and his funny relpy was ( well there are three halls, at which one one should I aim ...

his wife was a bit choppy but still I mean comaan LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it's been 3 years and still make me tear from loughing it was really funny.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 19, 2009
hahaha..this is hilarious...
congrats uaekid on ur 666's post ..
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
uaekid wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I just rememberd my friend (never had love,never saw p<3n ) when he got married and called me the next day asking me ( where should I put it ) I said put what ? he said you know, my thingy LOOOL I said what do you mean and his funny relpy was ( well there are three halls, at which one one should I aim ...

his wife was a bit choppy but still I mean comaan LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it's been 3 years and still make me tear from loughing it was really funny.

sadly this is not uncommon!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2009
this is the problem with most of local men .they want to keep their wives under control..its really sad ..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2009
the woman aint doing anything wrong. in islam a husband and a wife are allowed to enjoy themselfs in bed and they may experiment different things :D but some guys think that this is wrong but thats only because maybe they dont know about it mentioned in quran.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat