The A380 Down Under

Topic locked
Feb 04, 2009
Was anyone trying to say it was the biggest?, the answer is no, it is just a fantastic plane is all.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Was anyone trying to say it was the biggest?, the answer is no, it is just a fantastic plane is all.

yeh thats what i mean its the big cheese :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
No, but it is the biggest passenger plane! Requires lots more electronics and gadgets than cargo planes do.

Some A380 configurations include a bar, showers, lounges etc etc. Lots of gizmos.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 05, 2009
Concorde was way ahead of its time. The combination of high oil prices and some debri made the end of its prestige... It remains a marvel.

As for Airbus...what a plane that A380. I've seen it fly in 2005 during work at the Paris Airshow and again in 2007. They put in a 'disc' with remapped flight envelope data and the testpilot does things with it. Beyond normal passenger experience.

Ultimate boundaries of A380 flight envelope. Really at the limits of the aircraft's capabilities. One word...awesome.

Hope I get the career @ ExecuJet I applied for.
I'm hungry for business jets this time!!! ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 05, 2009
It's just majestic

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 05, 2009
The other end of the scale, lol

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 05, 2009
I bet they'd still run out of chicken dinners before they get to my seat... :banghead: :banghead:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I bet they'd still run out of chicken dinners before they get to my seat... :banghead: :banghead:

Sounds like the voice of bitter experience :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 05, 2009
yah, either it's regular bad luck or a conspiracy ! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
in the last pic of the a380 is that a pda on the table?? does anyone know??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
rudeboy wrote:in the last pic of the a380 is that a pda on the table?? does anyone know??

the big grey box sitting in a stand is the touch screen remote to control seat recline, massage control, lighting, entertainment, stewardess call, etc.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
rudeboy wrote:in the last pic of the a380 is that a pda on the table?? does anyone know??

the big grey box sitting in a stand is the touch screen remote to control seat recline, massage control, lighting, entertainment, stewardess call, etc.

i wonder if you can take it out of the dock and log on to the internet or something or even order something from the duty shop. now that would be something..
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 05, 2009
What's with all the fake wood veneer in the last and penultimate pictures? Looks ghastly.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat