Moderation

Topic locked
Moderation Jan 29, 2009
OK folks, I am stepping in here and parting the kids in the playground.

I have always believed that Politics and Religion have been the two major causes of human suffering since time immemorial and the content of some posts here has only served to strengthen that belief.

Any posts that start to descend into personal abuse from any direction will be sent direct to Fight Club. No debate, no excuses, they go. Halas!

Debate about political issues should be just that, not religious issues. If you want to talk about the differences in religious attitudes or belief, then go and do so in the Religion Forum. Don't try to make them political issues.

Similarly, any posts from now on that advocate any extremist POV will be treated in the same way. I don't care if people are black, white, blue, green, Christian, Muslim, Jedi or little aliens from the planet Zarg, if you want to sling mud here, expect to be thrown into the pit.

Keep it clean.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 29, 2009
OK.

Although you should have known that while religion, favourite sports team, favourite author, or gender may not by themselves cause rift, politics is a 'field' that uses all of these and many other factors to cause rift, to unify and to play with their constituencies in any way that helps the politician.

In other words, religion, language, or gender may not cause much trouble, but politics must always incorporate those and any other factor that politicians deem fit for their own motives.

In debates on politics, it will be hard to keep them out.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2009
muslimbangladeshi wrote:OK.

Although you should have known that while religion, favourite sports team, favourite author, or gender may not by themselves cause rift, politics is a 'field' that uses all of these and many other factors to cause rift, to unify and to play with their constituencies in any way that helps the politician.

In other words, religion, language, or gender may not cause much trouble, but politics must always incorporate those and any other factor that politicians deem fit for their own motives.

In debates on politics, it will be hard to keep them out.

Then I rely on the sensibility of the members here to keep them out or keep their personal prejudices to themselves. I will not tolerate any further abuse here and it will be moderated.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Moderation Jan 29, 2009
Physician, heal thyself!

Who insulted specific person only according his nationality writing very educative post which arsehole the person was comming from?

Of cause it's up to you. You are the king of the hill.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 29, 2009
Yes, he is actually!

The moderators have been chosen for their judgement.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 29, 2009
So things go to Fight Club, but there will be no banning policy created for this forum?

At first I was advocating free speech, but then when I see how some others complaining about it are then hypocritical themselves, it brought me back to the realization that banning is definitely ok and much needed to keep this forum in good shape for all the members. As long as the rules are stated publicly and enforced equally and fairly by mods/admin, then there shouldn't be a problem. Anyone who wants to object to a person who broke the rules being banned from the forum can show it with their feet and leave.

I think that moving things to Fight Club is only a band-aid and not a real solution to deep rot that can be created by disruptive posters on this forum. Those posters need to be removed if they are here to propagate hate or abuse the forum in any way.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 29, 2009
Western double standards reaching another 'high' (or should we say, 'low').

Aren't the Westerners self-proclaimed champions of 'free speech'? Where art thou hypocrites now that one of your own is calling for curbs on 'freedom of speech' by instituting bans?

Hypocrisy at its very best, comes only from the West.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yes, he is actually!

The moderators have been chosen for their judgement.

Is it a moderator's duty to reply to any post? According to your score it is...

I had no doubt about power of DK here in my previous post... So I don't need any confirmation.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 29, 2009
muslimbangladeshi should be banned from this forum - and he should agree with this because of his views on freedom of speech. If people are going to insult other's religion and culture, then they should be censored. Well, if muslimbangladeshi is coming here to insult Westerners and call for us all to be removed from the planet, then he should be censored. Fair is fair.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 29, 2009
I re-iterate my point earlier.

This is a Political Forum, keep the content political and not personal.

Criticism of any religious or ethnic origin is not political. Keep your rants or diatribes to yourself and post responsibly or be moderated.

Banning is the last resort because there were cries here about 'Freedom of Speech' I have given everyone that freedom to date, but it has been abused. If it comes to banning, the Administrators will take that choice.

This applies to ALL!

:!: :!: :!:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 30, 2009
yesssssss sir

will do, but ............

have you heard that Dubai is banning all episodes of the Flintsones on TV. Apparently the Emiraties dont understand it but Abu Dhabi Dooooooo

:lol:
arniegang

Jan 30, 2009
arniegang wrote:
have you heard that Dubai is banning all episodes of the Flintsones on TV. Apparently the Emiraties dont understand it but Abu Dhabi Dooooooo

Arnie, r u serious? :roll: :twisted: :lol: :) :shock: :?:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Arnie, r u serious? :roll: :twisted: :lol: :) :shock: :?:

Of course he is....

NOT!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Feb 02, 2009
arniegang wrote:but Abu Dhabi Dooooooo

Excellent :lol: :lol: :lol: !
bonk