Sammy The Shark Is Innocent

Topic locked
Jan 20, 2009
Naruto, Your own government and environment ministers have told Atlantis what they are doing is wrong! But they still refuse to listen.

You don't get it do you? The actions of Atlantis are bringing negative media to Dubai, WE as people who live here, do not want to see that!

Again, why don't you open your eyes and see the bigger picture.

And I also have to add, why is it always expats that get involved with issues and start campaigns, like desert clean up, charities, shelters, fighting for the rights of animals. It really is about time you guys start standing up and protecting and caring about things in your own backyard, because it seems to me you don't give a damn about what happens!

We do! So who cares more about this country? The locals? or the expats?

Hmmmm doesn't take a brain surgeon to work it out.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 20, 2009
actually expats are good too!!!!

thats why they are here!!!!
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 20, 2009
naruto wrote:if the same whale is held in so many different countries why start with dubai ..why u dont buy a ticket and go there to protest ..ppl here are trying to pick on the negative things ..i never seen anyone thanks the gov.for the good things they done for u ..all i see is complains and more complains ..locals dont know how to drive ..a whale is being captured ..a local guy beat his wife ..get a life and be real..this is happing everywhere ..now who is the single minded ?? things are worse in ur homeland.. but u want to make the changes here ..i feel sorry for u ..may god help u ..

Hi Naruto, I believe there are issues and activists everywhere who fight for these issues. Every village, town, city, state, country has them.

There are some people here who are interested in doing something good for the environment. Let them be - Most activists would sacrifice their own personal time and lives for a good cause and its the rest of the people who need to be thankful to them.

if someone is doing somethign to improve the environment in the UAE -who does it benefit - not any nationality in particular but all residents and in a small way - the entire world. Expats may come and go but its your children you will continue to inherit the uae's culture and environment conditions. If you want to cut off all help and screw it up for them, God help you!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 20, 2009
take it easy on naruto!!!!!

lets say it this way!!!!

as the residents these expats over here care is because they stay here.,

if they stay elsewhere then they care about the elsewhere place...

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 20, 2009
sharfraz wrote:take it easy on naruto!!!!!

lets say it this way!!!!

8)

Only if your willing to help us change your country. If you let the expat do all the work, we'll kick your but straight into the ocean as soon as we get the chance. :lol:

Your oil dimes may help a bit, but in the long run you start have to work for it sonny. Everyone does. :wink:

Make it a better place...for you and for me...(M. Jackson - Healing the World)

....Altogether now..!! Heal the Worldddddd :twisted:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 20, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

lets say it this way!!!!

8)

Only if your willing to help us change your country. If you let the expat do all the work, we'll kick your but straight into the ocean as soon as we get the chance. :lol:

Your oil dimes may help a bit, but in the long run you start have to work for it sonny. Everyone does. :wink:

this aint my country !!!!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 20, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

lets say it this way!!!!

8)

this aint my country !!!!!!!

8)

Boy oh boy...its all about me, me me... :roll:

Ok, think of the elsewhere place than. Can you get into that? :wink:
RobbyG

Jan 20, 2009
Funny how this thread has degenerated...

The whale shark should be set free. Its a wild animal that requires millions of acres of open sea to live, not a pokey little tank.

As for who should complain? Its in our backyard, so we are the ones who should kick up the stink, like others do in their own countries about this sort of exploitation.

In the UAE, its worth noting who actually sets up and runs these sorts of campaigns or champions certain causes:

K9 friends is set up, run and funded entirely by expats

Feline friends: The same

If expats did not do this, the country would be overrun with stray cats and dogs. The police would be out shooting them or poisoning puppies in the streets as they have done in Sharjah.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 20, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
sharfraz wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:The tactic now on the FB group is to bombard the management with text messages. They have gotten hold of all their mobile numbers. It's a case of finding was to put the pressure on, as direct action cannot be done here.

7 Days has supported the cause from day 1.

okay!!!! are there any campaigns for other sammy's or only for this Dubai Sammy?

why is it only for this fish!!!!?

:?

I don't know! Stop with the bloody WHY'S already! Geez it's like a child, why this why that. Use google and find out!

well he does have a point.. but again choco and sorry to say this but you only look at the dark side of UAE ( just like 7 days ), you just have to keep showing your hypocrite behavior every where. or is it you have too much free time in your hand I have no idea. but enough of you and I don't wana change the topic here so my question is :

is it legal to capture them ? I'm not trying to defend anyone , I just wana know, bcz I have been to http://www.seaworld.com/ it is in the USA the land of freedom !!! tell us choco I recall you are a member of some animal right group LOL

what diff is the aquarium from a zoo that all of us visit to take a pic with sad wild animal , coman choco , don't tell us you haven't been to one and contributed to their capture when you paid the entrance fees !!

what diff is ot from the cat you have in your home ? cats are wild animals , aren't they ? why are you keeping it captured in your house ? or is just bcz the west gave the dogs and cats the name pet gives them the right to capture them..

enlighten us with your knowledge chocoholic
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 20, 2009
lol bloody fish has a name and its named after a cat i.e tom cat. lol abit sarcastic init.

bloody leave the fish in there otherwise it will become a sushi or i ll be eating it next week. Supplied by a japanese fisher :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat