New Visa Rules - Advice Needed

Topic locked
New visa rules - advice needed Jan 18, 2009
I know there are hundreds of topics on this already, but given the recent changes to the visa rules, are the authorities becoming stricter?

I am moving out with my girlfriend. She has a job, I do not yet. The rules now say I can get a 30 day visa when I arrive which can be renewed only once for another 30 days. Is this likely to be strictly enforced?

And if by 60 days I haven't secured work, can I leave and come back afresh - how long between visits must I leave it?

any advice would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,

AM

anty51
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 19, 2009
Hi51,

I'm in a sort of simular situation. I am looking a job in Dubai but I am a single mum. If I can't bring my son my parents will take care of him,
currently we live with them and he is in school ect here in Ireland.

But I would like him in Dubai for holidays etc or more if poss, so after the same advise as you?

Best of luck,

Europe has gone mad with job losses!

Kind regards,

Crewingb.
crewingb
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 19, 2009
First of all it depends where you are from! If you are one of the 33 countries who are exempt from many of the tougher visa regulations, i.e. EU members (the majority of) then although it says 30 days visa, it's actually for 60 days.

You can renew still by going to the Oman boarder, or getting a cheap visa run flight - yes these are still running, my friend has just done it - she's Irish.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 19, 2009
thanks, that puts my mind to rest a little. i'm from UK so should be fine.
anty51
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum