Fair And Lovely

Topic locked
Fair and Lovely Jan 07, 2009
Ok. Who uses the aforementioned brand?

I'm from smogland and feel that being a bit paler might increase my social standing.

Any advice from beauticians/users???

Smogglet

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2009
Never ever use any product that contains bleach on your skin to lighten it. Why would you?

I find it hilarious that some people with darker complexions want to be paler (and I also hate the advertising campaigns that jump on the bandwagon and push the fact that to be successful, you must have fairer skin). And people with pale complexions always want to tan.

Now I am very fair skinned and freckly, but I'm outside alot of the time as I do alot of watersports. I do use some products which contain natural lightening elements, but purely to reduce damage to the skin, like sun spots, age spots, blemishes etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2009
Is this what Michael Jackson uses?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jan 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Never ever use any product that contains bleach on your skin to lighten it. Why would you?

I find it hilarious that some people with darker complexions want to be paler (and I also hate the advertising campaigns that jump on the bandwagon and push the fact that to be successful, you must have fairer skin). And people with pale complexions always want to tan.

Now I am very fair skinned and freckly, but I'm outside alot of the time as I do alot of watersports. I do use some products which contain natural lightening elements, but purely to reduce damage to the skin, like sun spots, age spots, blemishes etc.

So what is the difference then Chocs?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 08, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Is this what Michael Jackson uses?

I think he uses the industrial strength variant.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 08, 2009
Some products use harsh bleaching chemicals to actually lighten the skin tone, whereas others will use natural lightening ingredients, which are much kinder. Also if your just wanting to get rid of blemishes and imperfections, then a good sunscreen made especially for the face is always a good idea. As the skin renews itself, the imprefections caused by sun damage will reduce.

It's always advisable to go and see a good dermatologist though as all skin types are different.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Some products use harsh bleaching chemicals to actually lighten the skin tone, whereas others will use natural lightening ingredients, which are much kinder. Also if your just wanting to get rid of blemishes and imperfections, then a good sunscreen made especially for the face is always a good idea. As the skin renews itself, the imprefections caused by sun damage will reduce.

It's always advisable to go and see a good dermatologist though as all skin types are different.

Nice Avatar, is their a hidden message?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 08, 2009
No, she's the Black Cat - she rocks!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No, she's the Black Cat - she rocks!

Looks fairly white to me
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 08, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

Looks fairly white to me

that's the result after using aforementioned brand!!!!!!

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 08, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Looks fairly white to me

that's the result after using aforementioned brand!!!!!!

:lol:

I really didn't want to say it like that :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Never ever use any product that contains bleach on your skin to lighten it. Why would you?

I've never seen an industrial-strength whitener, even though I need it to remove sun spots, age spots, blemishes etc. Basically, all are the same.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat