If You Lock Your Keys In The Car

Topic locked
Jan 04, 2009
choco,

i remember you had posted the same question in another thread (perhaps in the Auto section & i have replied there)

I dont know what they are called, simplt LED Strips may be.

You can grab them from the car & accessories market (opposite hayatt regency, deira)

Each LED will cost you 5-7 Dirhams, so a total to cover your front head lamps would come close to 180 or so , depending on how many LED you want. (its pressed into a strip so you can cut of the strip and have multiple strips).

ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
Thanks buddy! Hmmm might also look at a custom paint job!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
Which car? What color
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
It's an Edge in the kinda Cherry red colour. But thinking about an add on colour with a funky design.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
but after the color you have to re-register your car!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
Really? does it count as a major alteration - ahhhh poop! Maybe I'll do it before it's due for re-registering then, save on the hassle.

In the meantime, can you recommend a good paintshop?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
paintshop!!!!

ahhnnn I've never painted my car till now...its just as stock...

may be you can go with the professionals and ask them... yellowhat in times square mall!!!

www.yellowhat.ae

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
That's what I meant! Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant a professional bodyshop workshop kinda place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
You need clearnce letter from CID Office for color change. Once you get an appointment, and after inspection, when you re-register your car you can apply for the color change. alternatively, you h ave to pay 400-500 Dhs if you want to get it changed on your registration card prior to the expiry of your vehicles registration.

I would suggest Mat Red (often called carbon red) with black designs on it .. hopefully you have the chrome rings on it already!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
yep matte colors look really cool!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
ahamed wrote:I would suggest Mat Red (often called carbon red) with black designs on it .. hopefully you have the chrome rings on it already!

spot on color... I saw an Ultima the other day with this Carbon Red paint and it made look amazing... felt like its a Ferrari...

So many Ferrari owners are already switching to mat colors...

hopefully this year if I bought either the Infiniti G35 or a Jeep Grand SRT it will make sure they get a black mat on them :wink:

how much a mat paint job will cost??? any idea?
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Really? does it count as a major alteration - ahhhh poop! Maybe I'll do it before it's due for re-registering then, save on the hassle.

In the meantime, can you recommend a good paintshop?

As Ahamed said, you need CID permission first to change or add colours to the car, including a few sticker stripes. The RTA doesn't handle that paperwork.

Yellow Hat does NOT do paintjobs.

The matte "paint jobs" you see around are actually full-body sticker wraps to protect the actual paint, as well as to change the colour of a car as desired, as long as it's matte. They are as expensive as a new paintjob.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 04, 2009
Yeah you need the CID Clearance if you will to change your car color or make it dual color.

But i am doubtful if you need the permission to repaint to mat in the same color.

Mat in black would be expensive. An acquaintance in our area did his nissan for 1300AED or so. Another guy with an old skyline did for around 1600 or 1700 AED. Not sure about the price though
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
ahamed wrote:Yeah you need the CID Clearance if you will to change your car color or make it dual color.

But i am doubtful if you need the permission to repaint to mat in the same color.

Mat in black would be expensive. An acquaintance in our area did his nissan for 1300AED or so. Another guy with an old skyline did for around 1600 or 1700 AED. Not sure about the price though

Yeah, of course no permission needed if the matte is the same colour as the car, as the 'mulkiyah' does not differentiate. Only if there are other colours such as flames, stripes, etc.

Those prices are relatively cheap. The high-end places charge a LOT more. Where do you get those prices?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 04, 2009
yep matte color seems damn cheap in 'ahamed's post'!!!!!

dont tell the workshop guy to increase anyways!!!!!!

:wink:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 06, 2009
That thing works... : )
tranquility
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat