Laws That Should Be Enforced IMMEDIATELY!

Topic locked
Jan 03, 2009
You could just say it's one of those things, luck, chance etc. But in many cases of people surviving falls it's because they are either not aware of what's happening - in the case of very young children, inebriated or blacked out from extreme height or whatever. But the point is, because of the lack of awareness or fear, your body does not tense up and become ridgid, which is where you are more likely to suffer injury.

A limp body will absorb impact, therefore making it less likely to sustain serious or lifethreatening injuries.

It's just one theory.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
bonk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:If you dont believe in God well thats another story

Where did I say that?

bonk you didnt say it, i m just saying it generally for those who donot believe in god. it was directed towards you.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:You could just say it's one of those things, luck, chance etc. But in many cases of people surviving falls it's because they are either not aware of what's happening - in the case of very young children, inebriated or blacked out from extreme height or whatever. But the point is, because of the lack of awareness or fear, your body does not tense up and become ridgid, which is where you are more likely to suffer injury.

A limp body will absorb impact, therefore making it less likely to sustain serious or lifethreatening injuries.

It's just one theory.

yeh you are right. like you said its just one theory, maybe they were lucky thats another theory or maybe someone up there does have the power to decide our fate, thats another theory ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:it was directed towards you.

Why? What did I say about God that required your direction?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 03, 2009
bonk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:it was directed towards you.

Why? What did I say about God that required your direction?

sorry bonk typing mistake i meant it WASNT directed towards you. sorry for any inconvience caused to u :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
Bonk, it was directed at me. His English is a little confused is all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Bonk, it was directed at me. His English is a little confused is all.

it was directed to the general public
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:all i m saying is when facing death a seat belt will not save your life.

There is strong evidence to the contrary - death rates significantly lower correlated to increased use of seatbelts in countries where the law changed, crash tests involving dummies wearing and not wearing seatbelts. There are always exceptions to any generalisation. If a hundred people walk through a minefield, there might be some who do not get blown up.

But IF God decides it's time for you to die, then I don't think any number of safety belts, doctors, or ambulances will save you. Since I don't know when God makes those sorts of decisions, I do my best to stay alive in the meantime.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 03, 2009
bonk wrote:
rudeboy wrote:all i m saying is when facing death a seat belt will not save your life.

There is strong evidence to the contrary - death rates significantly lower correlated to increased use of seatbelts in countries where the law changed, crash tests involving dummies wearing and not wearing seatbelts. There are always exceptions to any generalisation. If a hundred people walk through a minefield, there might be some who do not get blown up.

But IF God decides it's time for you to die, then I don't think any number of safety belts, doctors, or ambulances will save you. Since I don't know when God makes those sorts of decisions, I do my best to stay alive in the meantime.

bonk you are right and i agree with you that wearing a seat belt does increase your chances of survival.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
Hurrah! Then go forth and spread the word people!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2009
but at the end of the day your fate and destiny doesnt lie in the hands of a seat belt ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2009
Depends what you belive now doesn't it! I have nothing more to add to the topic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
Well rudeboy, you and others who think like you and don't take safety precautions will die in larger numbers than those who take safety and security seriously. Safety measures have been suggested in this world because studies have shown how effective the measures are at preventing death and injury. If it is proven that there are significantly higher survival rates for those wearing seat belts, using car seats, and driving responsibly by following road rules and keeping within speed limits - then don't you think that God must be telling everyone something?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 04, 2009
kanelli wrote:Well rudeboy, you and others who think like you and don't take safety precautions will die in larger numbers than those who take safety and security seriously. Safety measures have been suggested in this world because studies have shown how effective the measures are at preventing death and injury. If it is proven that there are significantly higher survival rates for those wearing seat belts, using car seats, and driving responsibly by following road rules and keeping within speed limits - then don't you think that God must be telling everyone something?

oh man not another one :S kanelli if you read my posts i have said it clear i support a law for seat belts. it should be implemented. I also think kids should be banned from sitting in the front seat. I support the seat belt law. I m up for it. I am 100% behind it. Yes it increases your chance of survival.

But there have been cases where ppl have died even though they were wearing seat belts. Ppl have even survived a horific crash where they werent even wearing a seat belt.

I have experienced it myself. When friends of the family were travelling in a car. they were not wearing seat belts. in a car with 5 passengers, 3 of them died on the spot and 2 of them survived. was it luck?

all i m saying is when death is facing you in your face, not even a seat belt can save you.

ppl are dying everyday in africa because of diseases, food shortage and war. That is what we should focus about and how to end all that instead of talking about seat belts ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

ppl are dying everyday in africa because of diseases, food shortage and war. That is what we should focus about and how to end all that instead of talking about seat belts ;)

Those people don't have any choice. You choose to wear the seatbelt.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 04, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Knight

a 5 year old kid has a choice, he can pick up a gun or he can be a kid.

we have a choice to wear a seat belt. even if we wear a seat belt and death is facing us in the face, will the save belt save u? Thats the 1 million dollar question.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Knight

a 5 year old kid has a choice, he can pick up a gun or he can be a kid.

we have a choice to wear a seat belt. even if we wear a seat belt and death is facing us in the face, will the save belt save u? Thats the 1 million dollar question.

You must be one of those people who crosses the SZR with your eyes closed.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat