Warning: Hazard Light In Fog

Topic locked
Warning: Hazard light in fog Jan 01, 2009
I know this topic is being discussed to death... but here is the latest article from Dubai police.

please please please... stop turning on your hazard lights during fog because it is so damn distracting... and i cant tell between you are stopped or a moving vehicle.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/nation/Poli ... 71471.html
Dubai: Not turning on headlights while driving in fog is a traffic offence and offenders will be fined Dh200 and given four black points, a senior police official said. Meanwhile, police reiterated their call for motorists to avoid turning on hazard lights during foggy or rainy weather, unless there is an emergency.

Lieutenant Colonel Saif Muhair Al Mazroui, Deputy Director of Dubai Police's Traffic Department, called on motorists to practice caution while driving during changing weather conditions after a motorist and two of his companions sustained injures when a tanker turned over on Al Qudra Road as a result of speeding. The driver sustained serious injuries and was taken to Rashid Hospital.

Lt Col Al Mazroui reiterated his appeal to motorists not to turn on the hazard lights (four lights) during foggy or rainy weather, as it makes it difficult for other motorists to know whether the car will be turning left or right or in case there was a real danger on the road.

Many cars were seen with their hazard lights on during the heavy fog yesterday morning. He, however, said motorists must turn on the headlights of their cars during foggy weather.

Lt Col Al Mazroui called on motorists to be extra careful while driving and abide by traffic rules and speed limits.

quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
Unfortunately this needs to be in Arabic, Urdu and Hindi!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 01, 2009
well if that is the case police must stop using siren lights........ Holly crap it those purple lights almost blinded me and I was about to crash in roundaout
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 01, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Unfortunately this needs to be in Arabic, Urdu and Hindi!

indeed
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
Quatroporte:

right said!!!!

and one more thing You raced me in posting this!!!! hehhehe

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
sharfraz wrote:Quatroporte:

right said!!!!

and one more thing You raced me in posting this!!!! hehhehe

8)

;)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
But if the drivers here can't use their Hazard light then, they'll never get to see those yellow lights.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:But if the drivers here can't use their Hazard light then, they'll never get to see those yellow lights.

Indicators -what are those ?

:lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 01, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Unfortunately this needs to be in Arabic, Urdu and Hindi!

Most of the people who do this cannot read anyway, whether driving a bus or a Land Cruiser.
Pankaj
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat