New Years Eve

Topic locked
new years eve Dec 13, 2008
hi can anyone give advice please

we arrive in dubai 30 december and are looking for a good new years venue a meal and a bit of a dance

any optios?

bruce1963
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 13, 2008
Hmm arrive that late, you might find mose places booed out already. Be prepared to pay lots of money.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 16, 2008
I was stuck on new years' eve last year without any reservations. I can tell you it's frustrating ...

But if you like outdoors and just wanna be among people and feel happy, breath the clean air and get a snack... there is also the beach to go to! I went with few friends like me, and we had a blast just to be outside. If you come from a cold country, you will love the warmth here :)

Hope you enjoy your time...
mishi
Dubai Forum User

Dec 17, 2008
Whatever you do, don't book one of those desert safaris, because we did that when we just arrived in Dubai before New Year and it turned out to be total crap. The buses to the desert didn't leave until almost 11 pm (were sitting in buses for almost 2 hrs waiting), we were in the desert waiting for the dune bash drivers to pick us up and take us to to the party site, and they didn't, so we started walking towards the lights we could see in the distance, finally we were picked up by the drivers. Two of the guys got in an accident - so much space in the desert and two managed to drive into each other. Anyhow, we got to the site after midnight, my husband had one of the last cans of beer they had available (booze gone already!), but luckily there was enough good food left there. The music was terrible and the speakers caught fire when the band was playing. We were there less than an hour before deciding to get an early ride back to the buses in case we ended up getting stuck there and possibly missing the buses back to the city. We paid over 400 AED per person and it was such a waste!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 17, 2008
Wow, that is an awful experience. Was there anything that didn't go wrong. ha!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2008
Well, the band was so bad that it was sort of fitting and humorous that the speakers caught fire. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 24, 2008
Are there any street shows for New year's eve?
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum