Help A Noob Live Near Internet City / UOWD

Topic locked
Help A Noob Live Near Internet City / UOWD Dec 08, 2008
awright, excuse me for any breakage of the forum rules. But am really in a sort of a hurry ! Lets get it straight.

Obviously am a student (22 yr guy)... I need some cheap accommodation in a place which comes in closer to Dubai internet city and UOWD.. I got people asking me, ambiguous questions like "spacious? luxury? Water? Kitchen?" and i go like, I need a bed to sleep, a table to put my computer there (internet facility shld be there) and a place to pee. No matter if you place me in cockroaches i don't care !

how much rent should i expect per month.. Also kindly if you have any offers.. PM me.. I'll keep myself regular in this wonder forum (seems to be :roll: )

Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2008
Unfortunately, you're still going to pay a small fortune for a studio apartment. You'll have to go through the process. Talk to other students about their accomodation.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Help A Noob Live Near Internet City / UOWD Dec 08, 2008
Electro wrote:I need some cheap accommodation in a place which comes in closer to Dubai internet city and UOWD..

How cheap? There's not much around that area that's cheap. Share a villa in Sufouh, Umm Suqueim, or Jumeirah costs 5k-8k per month for a room. Share an apartment in Barsha or Dubai Marina for 3k-6k for a room per month. Share a room or bed in Qusais or Deira for less than 1k per month (I mean taking turns to sleep, not at the same time) and spend time and money on transport. Ask university about student accommodation - some have hostels with cheap rooms.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 08, 2008
thanks for the posts.. yes university is providing accommodation but thats in Ajman.. and they say it would take an hour to get me to university (thats bullshit as i want to live close to web industry to find a decent job)

Asking students for that is a good suggestion but not for me. I have to settle a temporary agreement online coz when i arrive at dubai (I dont even belong to UAE) I shouldnt be like taking my suitcases with me to find an accommodation with in a couple of hours.

1k / month is the max i am expecting... I know this will make you think that am finding a gold particle on sea shore but still, is there a chance that i find a place to live with this kind of budget?

by the way, i wont mind putting up AED 200-400 as thanks for any decent help that will result in solving my accommodation prob.
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2008
Electro wrote:1k / month is the max i am expecting... I know this will make you think that am finding a gold particle on sea shore but still, is there a chance that i find a place to live with this kind of budget?

Not near the university.
bonk

Dec 09, 2008
For me, "near" means something with in 2 km.. :cry:
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 09, 2008
I think you might be struggling there Electro. If you know where Knowledge Villiage is you'll know it's in a relatively wealthy area of town.

South you have the Marina (expensive as hell). Across SZ Road you have JLT, Emirates Hills, The Greens etc. All very expensive places. Even if you find a single room in a Villa (Illegal now) or in an apartment you'll still be paying 3-6K per month, probably closer to 6K.

Sorry but there is pretty much no way you could get a room around there for 1K, unless you find a nice rich family with a spare room and charm the hell out of them.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 09, 2008
Sorry but there is pretty much no way you could get a room around there for 1K, unless you find a nice rich family with a spare room and charm the hell out of them.

thanks a lot for the input.. what can be my best bet considering the situation??
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 09, 2008
Not sure dude. I guess there must be cheaper accomodation somewhere around this place because I'm pretty sure the girl working at the Spinneys down the road isn't paying 6K a month. I'm just not familiar with where the lower paid workers are staying, besides the construction workers of course who live in desert work camps. Does anyone know where lower paid workers are staying and in what conditions?

Apart from that do you have any family contacts in Dubai? Maybe you could find a familly friend or similar who wouldn't mind a lodger staying in a spare room.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 09, 2008
well the point is living somewhat close to knowledge village and DIC.. I wont mind to use a bus to get there with in 15 - 20 minutes.. but Ajman (1 hour distance) is like hell.. I wonder what people do before arriving at dubai.

I dont got any such family or friends there otherwise would've asked them.. I might have paid for university accommodation but since i want to get some work experience as well therefore living in place which got a distance of 1 hour frm the internet city (one of the best places to improve learning curve) is rubbish. Secondly paying upfront of AED 6k upfront for uni hostel at Ajman will bound me and i know they'll go wasted.
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 10, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:Does anyone know where lower paid workers are staying and in what conditions?

Mostly either in staff accommodation, probably sharing rooms, 2-200 employees per room, or shared rooms in apartments in Deira, Al Ghusais, Al Quoz, Karama, or villas in Rashidiya (if they haven't been thrown out yet). You might get a bed in a room sharing with 2 or 3 others for 1000 dhs per month, and it will be a small room (something like 4 bunk beds with enough space between them to stand up).
bonk

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai